• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Great Bone Shine' Contest

VR Famaso

42 minutes

Strong full bodied cigar. Spice and pepper left my mouth and nose tingleing. Had an even burn and great arouma. A little young. Will rest the remainder for a while. Give it 9 out of 10. :thumbs:

Yesterday at a Jazz Fest in Winter Garden, I enjoyed an A.F. Chateau Fuente'.
The ceegar clipped well and the pre light was lightly cedary. The stick had a great razor sharp burn with lots of smoke. The ceegar never got bitter or hot and it lasted 57 minutes. I have a half a box left and I hope the rest of em' smoke the same that this one did. Definitely a smoke I'd recommend to all others.... :D :thumbs: :p

Montague

Origin: Indonesia
Length: 5.00
Ring: 50
Strength: Mild
Wrapper Color: E
Wrapper Type: Ind.
Binder: Ind.
Filler: Brazil/Ind.

Excellent Construction, even burn with a light grey ash. Started out very mild, after the first 1/4 it became a little spicy with toasty aroma. Finished off with a slightly woody flavor. Very good smoke, to bad this brand is extinct.

Forgot to add time:
63 minutes

Smoked a Padilla robusto on Sunday. I still need to write up a review on CW but all in all it was a pretty good cigar. Flavor was good, just a little too much "kick in the pants" for me.

It burned very well. I put it down for ~10 minutes twice and came back to it without needing to relight it.

Total time: 71 minutes.

Tony Bones said:
Keep at it! Get on those robustos.
What the hell is a "Grundalier"? (Aside from being your title on CP?)

Anyway - here is my contribution to the bone shine:

I recently celebrated a birthday and was gifted with a large number of cigars and alcoholic beverages with either my birth-year as their vintage or with 30-years of aging on them prior to bottling - all given with the requirement that I consume them and not let them sit on my growing shelves of crap.

I pulled out one of these gifts earlier today, a Romeo y Julieta Bully from 1974 - which my friend believes is the year they were discontinued. This stick had a very dark wrapper with a very handsome triple-cap and no veins in sight. Unlike the entry in MRN - this stick was measured at 52 ring (not 48) and a hair shorter than 5". I deemed it close enough to the requested robusto size and pushed forward.

This cigar was much more mellow than expected (it just looked and smelled strong) - and has a nice blend of flavors - but mostly tasted like smoking a combination of flowers and roasted nuts. After smoking it - I was hit by a wave of strength (made my hands somewhat shaky) that I did not taste or feel coming at any point. Very nice - and very different - I can't think of a single cigar to compare it to that had such a subtle flavor along with such a huge amount of tobacco power after the fact.

I smoked about half the stick with no accompaniment, and then paired it with a 30-yr Fonseca Port, which exceeded my expectations in its own right.

Total smoking time was fairly quick - at 46 minutes.

Cheers,

- Oak

If it kicks Oaks ashe, then it it gets :thumbs: from me. Bwahahaha!!!

Emo

oak said:
In all fairness I should defer to Moki on this one as he owns part of the answer.

A grundalier is one who wears a grundle cozy. A grundle cozy was an invention spurred by a few to many beers w/ Moki one evening back in Rochester. The invention is a lot like a stocking cap, but it is used to keep your Johnson warm during the brutally cold winters found in Rochester, NY.

Although I now live in Seattle, I feel that it is only honorable to press on in my cozying and uphold the tradition.

Sleep well tonight Oak.

Tony Bones said:
A grundalier is one who wears a grundle cozy. A grundle cozy was an invention spurred by a few to many beers w/ Moki one evening back in Rochester. The invention is a lot like a stocking cap, but it is used to keep your Johnson warm during the brutally cold winters found in Rochester, NY.
Well, technically it's to keep your grundle (grundle = taint) warm, but sure, a grundle cozy could be extended to cover your penis as well. Wouldn't require much more material... for you.

Uhm. Is there anything the two of you want to tell us? :0

Tony Bones said:
oak said:
In all fairness I should defer to Moki on this one as he owns part of the answer.

Although I now live in Seattle, I feel that it is only honorable to press on in my cozying and uphold the tradition.

Sleep well tonight Oak.
Sleep well? When will I learn to stop asking questions...

other1 said:
Uhm. Is there anything the two of you want to tell us? :0
Yes, there is something I'd like to tell you: Don't even think about trying to horn-swaggle our idea. We have a patent pending :D

Regarding the optional "taint" coverage: Moki and I have argued this from day one. Which came first in grundle cozy coverage: The taint or the Johnson? God only knows.

:sign:

Bone Shine Robusto

Well... as I am an oddity I have 2 times for this - grade it as you will. What happened is that I was interupted for over 15 minutes, in which time it went out and I had to re-light so I have a total time and a total smoking time and wasn't sure which you would want, so pick one and that's my entry <grin>.

Don King Robusto (Cheapie from a friend but last robusto in the Humi)

Actual Time: 56m, Smoking Time: 39m

Possibly the cheapest non-Thompson cigar I've ever had. It didn't start bad, construction, wrapper and unlit flavor and smell were all decent, but nothing to write home about. I lit it and it was sharp with a leather flavor tinged with something my in-experienced pallette just couldn't grab. Smoke was thick and plentiful and it was an average smoke with no real outstanding qualities and no real complexity. Then came the interuption, since I was called back in to the office to fix a computer problem or three (We were unwinding in the unit bar after work)

Some 15+ minutes later I escape the desk (death) trap and make my way back to beverages and friends in the lounge and proceded to weep over the, now dead, cigar (figuratively - so stop laughing already) I took a few moments to decide if I should give up on it, since I have never had much luck with re-lighting anything that was out for more than 30 seconds, but decided to press on. Wrong choice. I re-lit the 'gar and it had a very strong, acrid flavor that immediately made me wrinkle my nose. I tried it our for a few minutes more, thinking it may pass if the stale smoke that was in the filler when it went out was exchanged, but to no avail. I gave up and called it a wrap with little over half gone.

:D hahahahahahahahhahahahaha ROTFLMAO
grundle cozy, hahahahahahahahahahahaha :p
Bryan :thumbs:

PS: I'll have a good robusto tomorrow and post it here.
What time is the contest closing? Midnight?

I had a wonderful smoking experience this morning. I was planning on washing the car, but it was raining when I woke up. I had a little breakfast and headed to the carport to sit and watch the rain. After a few minutes I came back in and grabbed a CAO mx2 robusto. Prelight aroma was good, and it had a smooth draw after the cut. It lit well and burned extemely well, only had to touch it up once. It was a good cigar, but it lacked complexity. Faily mild, had a bit of spiciness and a little pepperiness to it. Id say probably a 7 out of 10. The whole experience of sitting outside watching the rain and birds playing made this cigar better. It lasted about 57 minutes.
Nice contest Tony, its interesting to see all the reviews for different cigars.
Bryan :thumbs:

We have a winner! other1 matched my time dead-on. 55 minutes and three seconds was my time on the following:

03' Cohiba Robusto. Creamy and full-bodied. Definite leather and a little spice toward the end. Could use more time in the humidor, but not bad.

Cigar and shine' goes out today to you today monkey boy.

Do I get a grundal too? :0

Thanks for the contest man! We share excellent taste in robustos. :D