• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Great May '04 Boston Abomination

MiamiCubano

El Martillo (My Boxing Name)
I thought I'd pretty much seen it all. I mean, I've been around, ya know? But this one just blew me away.

Went to Boston for the weekend. Watched my beloved Red Sox kick the living you know what out of Kansas City on Saturday, while sitting between home plate and first base in one of the greatest ballparks in America. After the game - at least the Red Sox were merciful enough to put KC out of their misery quickly - we went to the house of a "friend" of a family member's. I, always prepared, busted out with the celebratory smokes. In this case, these were the legendary Don Ramon series Partagas Signature 150's. These are absolutely phenomenal, exquisitely hard-to-come-by smokes.

I handed one of the four coffin boxes to the guy whose house we were at and he thanked me, took the box, and then left the room. I thought nothing of it really, but then he returned to the room...the box discarded, the cigar in hand, rubbing something "shiny" all up and down (and around) the cigar. WTF? He walked over and, as he did, the smell quickly revealed just what he was rubbing on to every inch of the 7X52 beauty. What you ask? Get this...Vick's Vapo-Rub. You got it.

Now I try to take as hugely of a "whatever floats your boat" type of mentality as possible. But this just took the cake. I mean, this certainly serves to illustrate the point that there are just some people who deserve nothing more than a good old fashioned beating. Had I known that this type of fate awaited that glorious Partags, I would have rolled up some damn pine needles and given it to the son of a bitch. He proclaimed that he routinely did this with all his cigars - stating that it gives him a good taste and a little "tingle" on the lips. Yeah, fine, tingle on the lips...so will my 10 oz boxing gloves.

In any case, I was thoroughly in disbelief, as were the others. You can't imagine the stink that cigar gave off, and each puff (for the little bit of time we remained - we ended up ditching him and finished the cigars in the rental car before heading downtown to a pub) seemed to rub salt into my wounds.

Just thought I'd share.

Lighten up!

Maybe he had a cold?

"........a little "tingle" on the lips." Just think, if you handed him a nice aged ISOM he would've been huntin' down the Vagisil :0

M. Gipson

Geez, lubing up a cigar.. Did you visit bill clinton? :0

gawntrail said:
Lighten up!

Maybe he had a cold?

"........a little "tingle" on the lips." Just think, if you handed him a nice aged ISOM he would've been huntin' down the Vagisil :0

M. Gipson
No kidding. He was probably out of Vagisil and opted for Vicks as a cover. A guy like this probably puts chocolate in his beer....woops...I mean, err.... :sign: :sign: :sign:

Speaking of which, I could not track down any of that Choco-brew Sam Adams while in Boston. Go figure. I was going to get some just to send out to Moki and TonyBones as a beer-bomb type of deal. Guess it's the thought that counts. ;)

Wow.

Hey once you give something to someone it's theirs to do with as they please. I would have informed him of the quality of the cigar I had just gave him and then left immediately due to the smell.

:0 :angry: How does the idea of putting vapo-rub on a cigar even get into someones head?

Bill

Ya know I'm only 45 minutes north of Boston, and I still got friends in low places heh heh heh heh..............
I just woulda gave him a %#@*& slap in da mouth and asked him " Can ya feel the tingle now?" :angry:

WTF?????

That's just not right!!!
He could of at least waited till you all left his house to torture that poor cigar.
Some people are just cruel. ???

Lumberg said:
Wow.

Hey once you give something to someone it's theirs to do with as they please. I would have informed him of the quality of the cigar I had just gave him and then left immediately due to the smell.
I suppose. Next time someone (depending on who they are) gives me, say, a new golf driver, I'll use your logic and just smash them in the teeth with it. After all, it's mine to do with as I please, right? :sign: :sign:

That's the kind of man who would eat his own children. To insult you in that fashion is unforgivable as a host. Poor taste is alive and well in Massachusetts.

Never heard of that one. At least the cigars can still be found albeit at some fairly high prices.

Great Googily Moogily!

Vicks?
On a cigar?!?!?!

WTF is wrong with him?

You did right ditching him!
Dave ???

MiamiCubano said:
Lumberg said:
Wow.

I suppose. Next time someone (depending on who they are) gives me, say, a new golf driver, I'll use your logic and just smash them in the teeth with it. After all, it's mine to do with as I please, right? :sign: :sign:
Sure....
and you'll end up in jail - just like this guy did what he did to the cigar and looked like an idiot to some fellas that were trying to be nice. Same thing really, except you run the chance of getting a__ raped in jail and he just gets ditched with a now nasty cigar (unless of course he was lubing it up for something else as mentioned above)

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

I would have done the old quick-flailing-arms-turn-around-oh-I-didn't-realize-your-left-testicle-was-there trick.

And as far as that chocolate Sam Adams: It didn't do a damn thing for me. Yeah, it was OK, but it wasn't near as complex, interesting, or strong as Rogue's or Old Rasputin's Imperial Stouts.