• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Hot Potato Bomb Pass

Blue Dragon

Can't Re-Member
The idea for this pass sprung from reading and participating in the Hot Potato Bomb thread. I think the idea of a Hot Potato bomb is pretty cool. I really like to see where it goes and the life it takes on as it progresses. I gave the whole thing some thought (feel free to check it out) and thought of a Hot Potato Bomb Pass. I had a little different idea originally what this pass was going to be, but it has changed recently; I'll explain in a bit.

I'm looking for at most 10 participants, because I really would like to turn this in a little over a month
peelout.gif
; so please only sign up if you have the bandwidth to get your P's and T's done in a very timely fashion. I am limiting this to members of CP who have been an active member for at least 6 months and have been in at least one other pass. I may allow an exception to this, but only if you have an active member with over a year on the board vouch for you (and is willing to sign off on your P's and T's).

So why the name of a HPB Pass? Well, once the participants have signed up; there will be no official order to where the pass goes. Inside the pass will be the pass list; choose your next target and fire away. How is this different than a pass? Well, you are going to be sending a bomb to the person you targetted on the pass list. :whistling: It may be some cigars, or it may be just some other knick-nack goodies. The bomb is totally your creation, as is every bomb, and will in no way be considered part of the P's and T's of the pass (so make sure you seperate and clarify what is the victim's bomb).

The pass part: I will post the startup list of cigars for this pass later tonight. All P's and T's will be done behind the scenes; you will be on your honor system to do equal puts :), hence the pass participant requirements. There will be a P's and T's list for each participant; please fill it out and put it in the envelope and send on the pass with your envelope. There will be a bomb sheet to help clarify what is the bomb portion of the pass; please do not put this sheet in the envelope. The bombee is to keep their bomb and bomb sheet; that is between you and the bomber.

Once the pass has made it's rounds, it will head back to me. I will then send it on to my buddy Dustin whose house burnt to the ground recently. <snip .. irrelevant> I have seen some passes grow in size and value, and if it does, friggin great :cool: - it will all go to a good guy who had all his shit go up in smoke. If it doesn't, so be it; but I would love to send a humbling explosion on behalf of CigarPass. :thumbs:

So yes, this idea has been modified from my original idea because I want to help out a fellow BOTL. Please do not sign up for this pass if you have a problem with the ground rules I have laid out. If you are signing up for this pass you are agreeing to a) send back off this pass in a timely fashion, b) understand that your P's and T's for the pass portion are on the honor system and will fill out the listed paperwork, and c) are going to be bombing someone else in this pass (so put together your bomb right after you sign up).

Oh .. and I just thought of this part ... if you decide to include something specifically for Dustin, please make note of it, and please keep it light. I don't want everyone paying postage multiple times on a gift, like a bottle of wine, but a gift certificate for a wine vineyard would be totally acceptable. <- This is totally not part of the pass requirements, I'm just trying to think ahead a little.

HPBP Pass List: capped at 8
Castaway recieved 5/08/06 - sending 5/10/06
theHatguy recieved 4/24/06 - sent 4/25/06
kiltedcraftsman
Smokyballs recieved 5/04/06 - sent 5/05/06
grateful1 recieved 4/27/06 - sent 4/28/06
Drew_Moberly recieved 5/12/06 - sent
gregor22 recieved - sent
Lkyman recieved - sent
Blue Dragon recieved - sent

HBPB Cigar Lineup:
NC:
1) AF Anejo #46
2) AF Sungrown Cuban Belicoso
3) Ashton VSG Enchantment
4) AVO Classic #2
5) Davidoff Gran Cru No. 3
6) Gran Habano VL Maduro
7) La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurado Regalias Perfecto Maduro
8) Padilla Miami Torpedo
9) Rocky Patel Edge Torpedo Maduro
10)Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Churchill
11)Tatuaje Cojonu 2006
12)Trinidad Robusto Natural
ISOM:
13)Bolivar Belicosos Finos FIM SEP 05
14)Cohiba Siglo VI LKV AUG 05
15)Romeo y Julieta Exhibition No.4 ORE SEP 04
16)Trinidad Fundador OIK NOV 04
17)Trinidad Reyes IKR JUN 05
18)Vegas Robinia Famosos HSG DIC 04

Thanks for playing!
- C

This will be fun to watch! I am a little too new for this, but I am going to enjoy watching it play out. Nice gesture as well! Have fun with this!

Brandon

Hell you should be first just go over to Cory's house pick it up and save him the shipping :whistling: Or better yet make Steve 2nd in line and make him pay the shipping. :p I love all my I-D-HO brothers. ;)

I call dibs on the last spot! :D
KC and I spoke about this last night. There is no lineup; if you are in the pass you could be bombed from the person with the pass at anytime. So it will be critical for the person with the pass to make sure the planned bombee is available to receive the pass.

If this is confusing at all, or if there are any questions, please shoot me a PM.

PM sent!

thanks
You will need to find someone who will vouch for you who has been on CigarPass for more than a year. By vouch, I mean, to attest to one's character; I also mean that the vouchee will be working with you hand in hand to approve your P's and T's. I would rather that it not be someone who is in the pass. So if you have a relationship (done some trades, a pass, purchase, hang at his/her house) with some cranky old CP guy, I would recommend you discuss it with that person and me. And while I'm cranky, I haven't been here a year, so I can't help you. ;)

I posted this here for future reference to the new guys. But I will respond to your PM as well.

Thanks,
- C

I can "attest" to Gary's character, I've met him in person and he know more about cigars than 3/4 of the people here. I'm sure he'll do just fine with his puts and takes and if you insist, he can check with me first.

I can "attest" to Gary's character, I've met him in person and he know more about cigars than 3/4 of the people here. I'm sure he'll do just fine with his puts and takes and if you insist, he can check with me first.
Thanks CC! :thumbs:

Hell why not i guess i could paly if you'll have me only thing is here in about a week i get an addy change!

Hell you should be first just go over to Cory's house pick it up and save him the shipping :whistling: Or better yet make Steve 2nd in line and make him pay the shipping. :p I love all my I-D-HO brothers. ;)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I like the way you think! ;)

I have updated the cigar lineup, and it will probably remain what is listed. I just need to track down which AVO this one is; I'll pop into a local smoke shop tomorrow and figure it out.

Now thats out of the way, I need to concoct a little distruction to send off to kick this pass off with a BANG! :whistling:

:D

Missed the opportunity to share a cigar or two with Dustin when he was in Vegas last fall, would love the opportunity to share my stash with him now. I'm in, if you'll have me.

Gregor

Missed the opportunity to share a cigar or two with Dustin when he was in Vegas last fall, would love the opportunity to share my stash with him now. I'm in, if you'll have me.

Gregor
Hey, Yea, What the hell is up with that?!?!? You missed me too! :angry2: :sign:

Well, next time I'm in Vegas I hope to meet you, Lkyman, and Matty_Vegas. And any other fellow CP BOTL that lives there or near by!! It looks like my wife and I will be heading down for the Herf at the end of May. I sure hope to see you guys there!

I was putting together the pass participant list last night and realized that there are several people in this pass going to the Herf. So I thought I'd get a move on. The Hot Potato Bomb Pass has officially left the building!

0305 1720 0001 7409 3040

Dennis, they tell me it will hit your doorstep on Monday! So start thinking of who the next victim is and how you will blow up his mailbox. :thumbs:

Bombs Away!
- C

I got home and had two passes at my doorstep at the same time :0

I will get my P/T done tonight and send this puppy out hopefully tomorrow.

Cory, When I opened this thing up all I could smell was those beans :D I can't wait to add some water to those guys. Thanks for the bomb and I will see you in Vegas my friend. I am adding extra sticks for your buddy.

D

All the P/T done. Got a PM from grateful1. This baby is out tomorrow. Now I have my other pass to do. I am going to be here all night :whistling: