• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The humidor cometh

Moki you are one lucky bastid and i envy you more than i did when i saw the cigars. Now you have the cigars and the badass humidor. You are a true gentleman and a scholar!

Looking good cuz!!! Lemme know when you have it at the office so I can stop by and check it out!

How many quarters will it hold? :p ;)

Very nice Andrew.... post some inside pics prior to filling it. Would love to see the shelving/drawers set up.

But really, if I had something worthy of being placed in there I would send it to you, looks great

Allofus123 said:
How many quarters will it hold? :p ;)

Very nice Andrew.... post some inside pics prior to filling it. Would love to see the shelving/drawers set up.
[snapback]297758[/snapback]​

Yeah, will do so when it gets here... it is supposed to ship out this coming Monday, and arrive next Friday. We'll see.

Yeah, will do so when it gets here... it is supposed to ship out this coming Monday, and arrive next Friday. We'll see.

We better see some pics! :cool: :thumbs:

He's just breaking it in. Barely enough room for him and the cigars in there let alone a camera and laptop.:p

the suspense is killing me... did it come? calling moki, calling moki

Well, I was out in CA last week, met with Sage, and helped him push it into the delivery van. It was one heavy mother, about 500lbs with the crating.

I called DHL yesterday, and it is scheduled to arrive this Friday or Monday. Will take a bit to set it up too, will post some pics once I get it in.

I just broke my finger trying to click this thread once I saw you topped it! :sign:

About time man! Congrats! :thumbs:

Andrew,

Very nice piece of wood you got, in fact quite a masterpiece. Sage did some mavelous, simply mavelous work ;)

Use it in good health for many many years to come :D

I look forward to seeing more pictures once you get it set up. By the way how many guys is going to take to get it into your office LMAO

BenjieV

I look forward to seeing more pictures once you get it set up. By the way how many guys is going to take to get it into your office LMAO

Good question... I'm hoping it'll weigh a LOT less than it does while crated up, or I'll never be able to get it up the stairs. I confirmed with DHL that today's the day... it'll take a bit of work to get it all put together (it was intentionally shipped with a few minor parts not together, because I wouldn't be able to get it up the stairs), but should be fun.

If I remember to, I'll take some pics.

We're all looking forward to seeing your new baby at home. TAKE PICS!

The humidor finally arrived. I knew it just couldn't possibly end easy though; first, the delivery truck that brought the humidor out didn't come with a lift gate. Given that the crated humidor weighs a good 580lbs, this certainly was a pain in the ass. We had to de-crate the humidor in the back of the truck, and bring it out piece by piece.

We nearly died trying to carry this thing up the narrow stairs and into my office, but we made it!

Sadly, it was also damaged in transit. They must have dropped it from a good height, because this thing is built like a tank. One of the door catches was bent, the other was torn clear off of the wood. The top-right corner also had some structural damage, as there was a 1/2" gap in the joists, which is very uncharacteristic of Sage's meticulous work.

The good news is there was no damage to the wood itself; just minor structural damage that should be fairly easy to take care of; we already pounded the corner mostly back into shape. I've currently got the cooling and humidification units all set up, and am letting it season overnight.

Worst case I can have a friend of mine who is a carpenter have a look at it, or Sage may fly out to make sure it's perfect as well. I'm not too concerned about it, I think after some minor repairs it'll be fine. Have a look:

Armoire Humidor pictures

(click on the smaller pictures to see a larger view of the humidor, then scroll down for commentary)