• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The humidor cometh

The humidor finally arrived. I knew it just couldn't possibly end easy though; first, the delivery truck that brought the humidor out didn't come with a lift gate. Given that the crated humidor weighs a good 580lbs, this certainly was a pain in the ass. We had to de-crate the humidor in the back of the truck, and bring it out piece by piece.

We nearly died trying to carry this thing up the narrow stairs and into my office, but we made it!

Sadly, it was also damaged in transit. They must have dropped it from a good height, because this thing is built like a tank. One of the door catches was bent, the other was torn clear off of the wood. The top-right corner also had some structural damage, as there was a 1/2" gap in the joists, which is very uncharacteristic of Sage's meticulous work.

The good news is there was no damage to the wood itself; just minor structural damage that should be fairly easy to take care of; we already pounded the corner mostly back into shape. I've currently got the cooling and humidification units all set up, and am letting it season overnight.

Worst case I can have a friend of mine who is a carpenter have a look at it, or Sage may fly out to make sure it's perfect as well. I'm not too concerned about it, I think after some minor repairs it'll be fine. Have a look:

Armoire Humidor pictures

(click on the smaller pictures to see a larger view of the humidor, then scroll down for commentary)

WOW...that is a great looking humidor. Too bad you will have it filled right away!! :laugh:

The shipper must have brought the America Tourister gorilla out of retirement to move the crate.

Looks fabulous Moki! Too bad there was some damage in shipment. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

Geez, can't any shipping company get these things right? How hard is it to not drop something? And if it is dropped, why isn't the person ever notified and offered amends?

I sure wish I had something like that. . .it would sure class up my meager collection!

That is a sweet looking humi. WOW!!!

Looks fabulous Moki! Too bad there was some damage in shipment. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

Well, there was no damage to the wood at all, just to the bottom door latch, and structurally in one corner, but I think it won't be much to fix it.

VERY impressive!!! I like the one made for your father aswell! Very classy looking! I hope you both enjoy them!!

Lots of pics and you have a good case to get some kind of reimbursement from the shipping company. If you let it go they'll do it to somebody else.

Looks great overall and I have humi envy :laugh:

Andrew the humi looks great! :thumbs:

Sorry to hear the shipper was a putz and you had problems with it. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of it full. As AVB said take pictures of the damage so you can at least re-coup something from the carrier.

Holding steady at 68% / 70 degrees (it is about 78 degrees and 30% humidity in the office. I'm going to let it season a bit more, then unplug it and see how well it maintains.

I am sure that baby was one sumbitch to get up the stairs. It looks great! I couldn't understand why my (much smaller hummi) came shipped without the hardware. Now I know. I am sure Sage built you a fortress worthy of housing your stash. More pictures when you get it loaded ;)

WOW, Moki! That's a gorgeous looking cabinet! Sorry to hear about the shipping problems. And like all the others... I can't wait to see pictures of it loaded with 'gars.

enjoy :D

WOW, Moki! That's a gorgeous looking cabinet! Sorry to hear about the shipping problems. And like all the others... I can't wait to see pictures of it loaded with 'gars.

enjoy :D

Dunno if that's gonna happen -- we'll see! :)

Looks great Andrew. I really like the pull out box shelves. Wish I had done that with mine. Good choice using the mahogany instead of spanish cedar. It works very well and the aroma is not overpowering.

Now comes the fun part...rearranging it a thousand times. ;)

BTW, while you're transfering your smokes, you're sure to run across something I'd enjoy smoking. You have my addie. :cool:

Congrats!

Wow, that is beautiful. Very rich and textured. Congratulations, Andrew!

JK

BTW, while you're transfering your smokes, you're sure to run across something I'd enjoy smoking. You have my addie. :cool:

Congrats!

Sure thing man. I found a cab of Grape White Owls from a limited release they did a few years ago... on their way to ya!

Congrats!

Sure thing man. I found a cab of Grape White Owls from a limited release they did a few years ago... on their way to ya!

If you have the pineapple one's send me a few too!

Looks nice Moki ... you should have given us a call when you were out here. I've got plenty of smoked salmon and Pinot.

:cool:

Not to be a nitpick (which I am when I am making a purchase), but couldn't he fnd one solid piece of wood to cross above the doors instead of using two separate pieces like he did?

The humidor is a beatiful piece in the office, but that minor detail of the cross piece detracts from itsvisual apeal.

Not to be a nitpick (which I am when I am making a purchase), but couldn't he fnd one solid piece of wood to cross above the doors instead of using two separate pieces like he did?

The humidor is a beatiful piece in the office, but that minor detail of the cross piece detracts from itsvisual apeal.

I thought that too when I saw the pictures, but it actually IS a solid piece of would... it's just the way the wood looks. You see it in person, you can tell it's one piece, and it isn't a crack.