• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The LEAF FUND

We aren't fairing to well with that CPSL stock! HMMMM! This stock should get a good strong surge with it listing in the Russell 3000 index now. We'll sell around 6.35-6.45 unless someone thinks it's going to breakout higher berfore it sells off with profit taking. This is a steel stock, it has to move up. It just has to!

CPSL down almost -18%

I should have sold that AOI when I said we should. Now we are down -7%. Supposedly the tobbacco industry is going to have the best year in recent history. Yeah ... and the Sirus XM merger was going to make us rich! HA!

SIRI down -38.5%

WEL is the only stock up +21% if we sell next week, we profit 32.01 after comm. Take it and run?

DWDC.ob is sitting in a dark closet. We'll stop speaking it's name now. -85%

LEAF FUND share value = 20.867066

We have 100 shares of each stock above and 94.03 in cash.

I think we may need to ride the ZAAP wagon again!!! Nice buy in point at .73. 300 shares this time?

TTYL

You still have my confidence.

My $0.02. Sell the WEL stock and use the profits towards more ZAAP.

Damn, I finally made a suggestion. :thumbs:

X2 I have been out of the loop for a bit, but I am back. Not that it matters.... Anyways, we have to do something!!!

Hey Michael, can we get an update? I hope everyone is doing all right with their own stocks!!!!!! :D

Very, VERY busy with the softball team! Heading to Oregon for the Western Nationals next week.

Sorry about not keeping everyone posted, but nothing has changed. our portfolio is still:

100 AOI
100 CPSL
100 GWDC.OB
100 SIRI
100 WEL

$$ 94.03

total worth 1380.03

Share Value 18.4004

as of 7-21-08

I don't remember what we bought CPSL at, but it is taking a run up. I think there might be some news about to come out!! We should watch it and take gains if they come!

Sorry, don't know what came over me. :laugh:

And good luck at the Nationals.

I'm not sure what your original post said, but...

I am keeping an eye on our stocks hoping they will move towards a possitive number and can be sold for some gain. AOI has tumbled rather irationaly because the tobbacco industry has reported a record profitability this year. I expect it to reverse as soon as the 2nd quarter numbers come out. I've been wrong more than right :( (Hope that makes everyone feel good).

We have no choice with our GWDC.OB, the comission is more than the value.

CPSL is at the sell and get out with minimum loss or hang tuff if you believe in it. VOTE?

WEL is almost at our 15% gain trigger after commissions. I have 2.45 which it hit last June 6 & 9 (2.44 & 2.48). Naturally I thought it might be headed for the $3 teir and selfishly held. VOTE?

SIRI was bought under the understanding that it would merge with XM. Rumors had it to make money. We have held on and yo-yo'd with her for almost a year now. During this time we have had several members want to dump her, while the other several want to hold. I don't think we will get rich with it, but we could hopefully see the merger take place and get a small gain out of it. It only needs 1 more FCC vote to get it done. It's 2 yes and 1 no votes right now with 2 left. What a damn drama!

Here is the buy prices again.

AOI - 5.92 / -35.71% current(3.87)

CPSL - 5.42 / -13.95% current(4.75)

GWDC.OB - .53 ( fuggin Titanic )/ -88.68% current(.06)

SIRI - 3.41 / -30.21% current(2.38)

WEL - 1.89 / +19.10% current(2.37)

cash - 94.03

Portfolio value = 1437.03 Share Value = 19.1604

It is a tough call!!!

SIRI had a nice up yesterday, I hope it will have another nice day!

CPSL- Earnings are next month, I think this will have a big move up!

AOI- I don't know what to say!!

WEL- That is are only gain, we could let that one go!!

Hmmmm, works for me but here is the article I was pointing to.......

July 25, 2008 (FinancialWire) XM (NASDAQ: XMSR) and Sirius Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) have agreed to pay $19.7 million to settle rules violations for trying to combine forces, in a move that is expected to lead to quick approval of their merger.

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin told The Associated Press that the agency had reached an agreement late Wednesday night where XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. will pay $17.5 million and Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. will pay $2.2 million to settle agency rules violations. The agreement, which still requires a full vote of the commission, is expected to lead to approval of Sirius's $3.9 billion buyout of XM, which has been under regulatory review for more than a year.

The violations involve complaints about interference the satellite radios cause with land-based radio stations and violations related to land-based signal repeaters the companies operate to deliver programming.

The vote on the buyout is currently 2-2 with Republican Deborah Taylor Tate still undecided. According to agency officials, Tate will approve the takeover once the enforcement action is circulated to the full commission.

FCC approves XM-Sirius satellite radio merger
Published: 7/26/08, 6:45 AM EDT
By JOHN DUNBAR
WASHINGTON (AP) - Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.'s $3.3 billion buyout of rival XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. will mean millions of subscribers will be able to receive programming from both services, while executives say it will create huge cost savings for the industry.

Federal regulators formally approved the merger of the nation's only two satellite radio operators Friday.