• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Mets Magic Number is...

LOL, that is funny, unfortunately the Phillies have had our number this year.

Hey Mike, what are you gonna smoke for your celebratory cigar when the Phils clinch?

Congrats to the Phillies. The Mets folded like a cheap suit, taking over for the 64 Phillies.

Congrats to the Phillies. The Mets folded like a cheap suit, taking over for the 64 Phillies.
I feel your pain. I have felt your pain. Fuggin' Mets. I was so looking foward to Pedro back at Fenway.

Doc.

"Wait 'til next year" is a registered trademark of the Philadelphia Phillies, you owe them a royalty if you're going to use it. :D

What a great pennant race though, huh? Congrats to the Mets on a fine season.

"Wait 'til next year" is a registered trademark of the Philadelphia Phillies, you owe them a royalty if you're going to use it. :D

What a great pennant race though, huh? Congrats to the Mets on a fine season.

If I am not mistaken it was the rallying cry for the Brooklyn Dodgers after getting beat by the Yankees all those times during the 50's. If not them the Cubs or the Red Soxs would take credit for the term :laugh:

Yeah, I guess we Phillie fans don't have the market cornered on heartbreak. I think you're right about the Brooklyn Dodgers originating the term, but the Red Sox fans certainly should be grandfathered in on it.

So, Phils fans, who would you rather face in a 5 game series, the hottest (ok, maybe second hottest) team in the NL, or the team with the best front line starting pitching?

So, Phils fans, who would you rather face in a 5 game series, the hottest (ok, maybe second hottest) team in the NL, or the team with the best front line starting pitching?

Too bad they can't play the Mets. :laugh:

You Met fans are really going to be crying when we have a Yankee/Phila World Series!!

Mets are an old team that needs to be rebuilt. Fire the Petersen and move on!

How about Glavine saying is performance yesterday was no big deal!

Too bad David Wright and John Maine are about the only bright spots on this team!

True! :laugh:
But in all honesty, I'd rather face the Pads at this point. They have to throw Peavy tonight to get in, and they're w/o two of their starting OF. The Phils have proven they can hit good pitching. The Rockies are tearing the cover off the ball right now, and they're riding a hot hand just like the Phils are. So my rooting interest is with the SoCal boys tonight.

True! :laugh:
But in all honesty, I'd rather face the Pads at this point. They have to throw Peavy tonight to get in, and they're w/o two of their starting OF. The Phils have proven they can hit good pitching. The Rockies are tearing the cover off the ball right now, and they're riding a hot hand just like the Phils are. So my rooting interest is with the SoCal boys tonight.

I've been thinking pretty much the same thing Mike. The Phils can put up runs on anybody, so I'm hoping they'll get the Padres, who can't score, even on the Phils worthless staff.

I don't think we have the pitching to contend with the Rockies. I'd rather take our chances against the Pods.

Recieved this E-mail from the Mets today:

Dear Mets Fan:

All of us at the Mets are bitterly disappointed in failing to achieve our collective goal of building upon last year's success. We did not meet our organization's expectations -- or yours. Everyone at Shea feels the same range of emotions as you -- our loyal fans -- and we know we have let you down. We wanted to thank you for your record-breaking support of our team this year.

Equally important, Ownership will continue its commitment in providing the resources necessary to field a championship team. Omar will be meeting with Ownership shortly to present his plan on addressing our shortcomings so that we can achieve our goal of winning championships in 2008 and beyond.

You deserve better results.

Many thanks again for your record-breaking support.

Doc

Yeah, got that email too, Doc. They should be embarrassed sending that out. Even more embarrassing, in my opinion, was the email I got about 5 minutes after the first loss to the Marlins in the 3 game series saying I was not chosen to buy tickets for the NLCS.

You Met fans are really going to be crying when we have a Yankee/Phila World Series!!

I think you forgot this :sign: