• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Monsters Are Coming!

I refer to my two favorite hucksters in situations like these. Lew Rothman: "A cigar is only as rare as the manufacturer wants it to be." And P.T.Barnum: "A sucker is born every minute." Most of you are young and it takes time in the hobby to learn not to chase cigars. You only encourage the asshats.

Doc.

I refer to my two favorite hucksters in situations like these. Lew Rothman: "A cigar is only as rare as the manufacturer wants it to be." And P.T.Barnum: "A sucker is born every minute." Most of you are young and it takes time in the hobby to learn not to chase cigars. You only encourage the asshats.

Doc.

I vote for the above post as the "Post of the Day"

The guy is making you spend 100's of dollars for the right to enter a lottery for the chance to "maybe" win the right to buy a box of Drac's.

You're not "made" to do anything. I think it'd be "more fair" to say every $10 spent equals a raffle ticket, so that you're not tied to buying Tats, but either way they're about equal.

ETA: I can see how you'd consider it gouging if you consider the money spent on Tats added to the cost of the Drac boxes. You're getting product for that initial purchase, though. You're just upset you can't buy them outright and I'm upset everyone is stepping on their dicks to get some stupid smoke. ;)

Now that I agree with absolutely. This way you can buy what you can afford and it is completely fair.

I'm not upset about not being able to buy them outright because I have no intention fo buying them either way. Just like the Franks that I completely passed on last year. I just hate seeing people being taken advantage of and as you say stepping on their dicks chasing after a smoke.

I managed to get a box of the Franks last year and I have to admit that I was not a fan. I gifted almost all of them away. Even with that said I enjoy Petes smokes just as some love the Opus. Never having a Drac I would still get a box if I was able to locate them. But its not gonna happen. I jsut dont agree that I have to buy a box of something for the chance to even be considered for them.

For what it is worth, Abe is a good man.

I am curious, how else does a retailer decide who gets what with regard to limited production stuff. Oh yeah, he could do what my B & M does, he keeps them all for himself. And to think I drive 210 miles one way to spend money there a couple of times a year...

I really shouldn't chime in but I am going to. That is all kinds of fuxd up imho, I can think of at least 5-10 different ways to make it fair for everyone involved. First off how about giving your big regular Tatuaje buyers first shot at a box of them? Hell we thought about doing a sampler pack with a borris and drac in with other rare tats. But honestly it came down to rewarding our regulars that support Pete's brand year round. Hell I didn't even get a box this year and I am ok with it because the customers that I sold them to were so happy and knew I understood that they could easily be buying online from some random vendor. On the other hand Abe is a great guy and runs a tight ship over there.

Ooooff this is terrible. A Local B&M I do not frequent was one of the lucky 13 and he decided to go first come first serve and put me on the waiting list...for free.

I was also contacted by an excellent botl here to purchase a box of the Boris and I paid MSRP. Thanks Mark! That's how you get business.

Is this any different than having to buy x boxes to look for a ticket for a chance to win a prize?

This is not gouging. If you allow yourself to be reeled in by the marketing on product that you don't want or can't afford, then that is your problem.

If I were a big Tat fan (don't get me wrong, I do like their products) and if I smoked enough of the other products offered, I would buy into the deal. Hell the are giving up 3 Tat Blacks with each box.

I would absolutely buy any of the Monster series, but like Doc, I am not going to chase them like a mad man.

So just be like Doc!

Regards,

Ken

Ooooff this is terrible. A Local B&M I do not frequent was one of the lucky 13 and he decided to go first come first serve and put me on the waiting list...for free.

I was also contacted by an excellent botl here to purchase a box of the Boris and I paid MSRP. Thanks Mark! That's how you get business.

I am guessing you are dealing with Al and Mark, and they are two of the finest in the business. And it shows at times like this.
However, Doc offers wisdom as usual.

Cparker