• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The most important post you will ever read

Got this in an email response from Sen. Baucus. Doesn't even mention any of the points I brought up in my email. :rolleyes:

Dear Justin:

Thanks for contacting me about a tobacco tax increase. I appreciate hearing from you.

I understand tobacco's effect on Montanans' health, and its contributions to health care costs. The health hazards of tobacco are well documented. Yet many continue to smoke and use smokeless tobacco. In order to address this health issue, I believe both a comprehensive education program and efforts to decrease tobacco use are needed.

I also realize that the sale of tobacco products brings in large amounts of revenue, which in turn goes back into Montana's economy. I firmly believe that the best goal Montana can have is the promotion of economic development as well as economic longevity. As Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, I will continue to work with Montanans to create sensible tax packages that promote those goals rather than prohibit them.

It is vital for our government to find that sensible middle ground between good business and public responsibility. You can rest assured that I will keep your concerns foremost in mind as I t ry to find that middle ground.

Thanks again for getting in touch. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions or co ncerns.

Senator Max Baucus

Got this in an email response from Sen. Baucus. Doesn't even mention any of the points I brought up in my email. :rolleyes:

Dear Justin:

Thanks for contacting me about a tobacco tax increase. I appreciate hearing from you.

I understand tobacco's effect on Montanans' health, and its contributions to health care costs. The health hazards of tobacco are well documented. Yet many continue to smoke and use smokeless tobacco. In order to address this health issue, I believe both a comprehensive education program and efforts to decrease tobacco use are needed.

I also realize that the sale of tobacco products brings in large amounts of revenue, which in turn goes back into Montana's economy. I firmly believe that the best goal Montana can have is the promotion of economic development as well as economic longevity. As Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, I will continue to work with Montanans to create sensible tax packages that promote those goals rather than prohibit them.

It is vital for our government to find that sensible middle ground between good business and public responsibility. You can rest assured that I will keep your concerns foremost in mind as I t ry to find that middle ground.

Thanks again for getting in touch. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions or co ncerns.

Senator Max Baucus
He has no clue, does he?

Dear Justin:

Senator Max Baucus
He has no clue, does he?

Not only that...but the bill is a NATIONAL BILL - not just a State package.

LMAO....what a dolt.

I like the article someone wrote regarding the Govt. having amnesia....and forgetting what happened the last time a 'luxury' tax was issued....workers lost jobs and revenues went down.

Got this from Rocky Patel
Yeah I got it on myspace.. OK OK I know but Im only there to keep an eye on my kids

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayi8zWrBwug"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayi8zWrBwug" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayi8zWrBwug

Just wanted to top this and to encourage everyone to email and more importantly call. I just called my two senators and one representative and it took me all of 10 minutes. There has been some proposed revisions but still pretty unreasonable.

If you dont speak up, dont grumble when you are paying out your okole for cigars! :(