• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Motherload has arrived!

My OR Don Carlos Lancero doesn't have the cedar sleeve, nor the OR Anejo 55, but the 858 SG does. :)

My OR Don Carlos Lancero doesn't have the cedar sleeve, nor the OR Anejo 55, but the 858 SG does. :)

Those are smokin' pretty solid now aren't they? :love:

I smoked one not 2 months ago and after 10 years you'd think it'd mellow out a bit...I couldn't have been more wrong. For some reason I figured it'd kind of have the profile of a mellow maduro like a hemingway maddie with age on it, only carrying a mild spice. Yea, not so much. Fortunately, I still have one left, and next time I'll know to expect a very full and spicy smoke. :laugh:

Those are smokin' pretty solid now aren't they? :love:

I smoked one not 2 months ago and after 10 years you'd think it'd mellow out a bit...I couldn't have been more wrong. For some reason I figured it'd kind of have the profile of a mellow maduro like a hemingway maddie with age on it, only carrying a mild spice. Yea, not so much. Fortunately, I still have one left, and next time I'll know to expect a very full and spicy smoke. :laugh:

Fuggin show offs! :D

As For the Bolivars. They were purchased at the Partagas Factory from a guy making them and stamping them with an 84’ box code. Of course it was not from 84.

There are no box codes from 84. I think those guys in the Mexican factories got their stories mixed up. :sign:

The Boli Gold Medals are from someones trip to Cuba. Benji Menendez the Manager of the Upmann factory who retired along with his son had custom made boxes with 1994 dates on them. They are not real 94' BGMs but interesting stuff. The boxes were sold for a ton of money and a whole crapstorm went down around 2000 I was told.

The cigars Ed has came from me. I got them from one hell of a guy who I trust completely. There is history behind every cigar here. Some are regular production some are custom and some are fakes with a funny and interesting history. Either way it was one hell of a deal with a great BOTL.

I heard that those Bolis from '94 were plain old fakes (same ones Christies had to pull from an auction years ago), not specially commissioned pieces. Regardless, as long as he knows the true story behind each cigar, no biggie. Some might even smoke fairly good.

Maybe its just me, but isn't a "look at me" thread with a bunch of suspect cigars just odd?

I'm not sure why Ed posted pictures, it isn't for me to judge. However all of the cigars don't become suspect just because there are a couple that were known to be what they were sold as.

Absolutely agree with you on that. Not all may be fake, I was pointing out several that I thought were suspect. The whole custom roll thing is what really bothers me. Generally, customs do not have a brand or specific blend, other than that of the preference of the roller. If someone wants a custom in an existing brand such as Cohiba or Trinidad, it is someone who must either be extremely influential in Cuba or put in for a large order. On top of this, customs would have bands from their brand that actually fit the cigar, which clearly the Cohiba does not. Take this with the how those customs look in the photo, and the most plausible explanation is that they are fake. It is much easier to claim a cigar is a "custom" than to back it up with actual proof and people that sell these types of things know this.

Regardless, if he knew what he was buying, which sounds like he did, then no biggie. But, if the Cohiba and Trinidad were passed off as "customs," then the seller should at least be able to back it up. Hopefully they are customs, but there are just too many cases were these types of cigars come out being fake after more investigation.

Most of the custom rolls did not have bands. Some of the custom rolls I purchased unsure of whether it was a Hamlet or a La China. To me it didn't matter. I'm gonna smoke it and hopefully enjoy it. Maybe I'll gift it. Maybe I will sell it and tell the person the deal behind it. The custom rolls with bands were rolled in the factory and acquired by someone who had the connections to be there. So while people here may choose not to believe that someone can get into the factory and get a roller to roll customs and put bands on them is their prerogative. Many of them are old. Bands slip off. Many of my cigars have no bands. Many people here know the person I purchased these cigars from. I'm one happy camper and so is Ed I'm sure. Happy smoking!!

Exactly, some people are able to get connections at the factory, I've toured some factories all the way to the basement and became friends with alot of well connected people in the factories including the bosses and managers that run the whole, to the extent that they would just grab a cigar from the torcedors table and we would light them up, plenty of Salomones and Robustos.

thanks for clearing everything up and making this an interesting read.

Right on, nice haul. Where can some of these be attained? Weren't the CF 10 only available once to members of CF?

Yes, they were given out as gifts.

As were some of the 'Carlito' sticks.

I'd be interested to know who sold them off.

Who were these purchased from? I'm assuming nobody on this board.

It's a shame that this part of the thread has been basically ignored in trying to figure out if some cigars are "custom" or "fake".

...Regardless, as long as he knows the true story behind each cigar, no biggie. Some might even smoke fairly good.
Exactly!
...and if they are sold, traded, or gifted as long as the next person that gets them knows, and the person after that, and so on.

Let's hope that if these cigars are ever sold, traded, or gifted that they are NEVER put into a pass by the person who receives them.

Right on, nice haul. Where can some of these be attained? Weren't the CF 10 only available once to members of CF?

It's a shame that this part of the thread has been basically ignored in trying to figure out if some cigars are "custom" or "fake".

...Regardless, as long as he knows the true story behind each cigar, no biggie. Some might even smoke fairly good.
Exactly!
...and if they are sold, traded, or gifted as long as the next person that gets them knows, and the person after that, and so on.

Let's hope that if these cigars are ever sold, traded, or gifted that they are NEVER put into a pass by the person who receives them.

The BOTL is a very respected member, and I just don't feel right putting his name here. As for selling, trading, gifting...I would never do that unless I am 100% sure of the background of the cigar. Even though I trust the source here, I would only trade, sell, gift the NCs. As Gary said, event he best members can be taken at times. I will try to enjoy these cigars. :) I am sorry I never answered the question where it was purchased.

Ed, that's one fine selection you have there. What's your plans for them? Age them or smoke them soon. Are you going to do a review on them? :thumbs:

Exactly!

I'm not sure I understand why you would not want a cigar from this buy in a pass? As I stated every cigar has a clear history behind it. Some are known not to be real and I'm sure will never be passed off as such since they have not yet. I know many respected members of our community that have fakes for various reasons and it's not a problem. I am not ignoring anything here. I did not post these pictures. The cigars were purchased from me. I purchased the cigars from a very generous BOTL. Any questions feel free to send me a PM like DePasta did. He seems to be happy.

While I agree with the part about everyone has fakes. I keep my fakes to myself and would never sell or trade them. I would give them and have done so for reference purposes. That said, I don't know the circumstances of how you obtained them or how you entered in a sale with Spivy. So I can't comment on that and I leave that to the both of you.

While I agree with the part about everyone has fakes. I keep my fakes to myself and would never sell or trade them. I would give them and have done so for reference purposes. That said, I don't know the circumstances of how you obtained them or how you entered in a sale with Spivy. So I can't comment on that and I leave that to the both of you.

Ed purchased a bunch of sticks as a package deal. He wanted the fake BGM and Punch. He could have not taken them. No one in their right mind would include those in a pass. The fakes I acquire for educational purposes are sometime free and sometime part of other packages. I'm not in the business of purchasing fakes. As far as the Custom roll I reviewed last night, that is up to the pass host if he wants it in his pass. Personally I would take it. When a stick like that goes in a pass I would tell the host the person I purchased it from. I do not however feel it is my obligation to post his name in public view so others can openly judge him for the items he sold. I really hope this ends the conversation that I did not want to have from the beginning. If you have anything unresolved feel free to PM me and if you do not feel I have resolved your concerns take it publicly.

I just want to know more about the Partagas culebra. The band is wrong, it's missing head and foot ribbons, and there's no coffin. I can't tell if the dimensions are right, but it does look rather large.

Is there a story behind this cigar?

I just want to know more about the Partagas culebra. The band is wrong, it's missing head and foot ribbons, and there's no coffin. I can't tell if the dimensions are right, but it does look rather large.

I was really hoping this thread would just die :( The Partagas Culebra shown is not an official release of the Partagas line. This Culebra should never be passed off as such. These Culebras were made for a particular person at the Partagas factory. They are Lonsdale Culebras and are bound with actual tobacco. What is wrong with the band?

I was really hoping this thread would just die :( The Partagas Culebra shown is not an official release of the Partagas line. This Culebra should never be passed off as such. These Culebras were made for a particular person at the Partagas factory. They are Lonsdale Culebras and are bound with actual tobacco. What is wrong with the band?

Robbie: Robbie is a culebra freak Robbie. I think Robbie was probably just interested in the history of the cigar because of general interest, not to stir shit up. Robbie.

Back