• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The New Avallo Triple D is here and looking good!

sinnyc

Tibi ipsi esto fidelis.
I have a good friend in from out of town so rather than make one of my typical really long posts I'll just make a regular old long one!

I took a half-day off on Wednesday, had Simmsboard come over, and smoked some fine cigars while waiting for the truck carrying my Avallo to arrive.

It finally showed up in the late afternoon. It was very well packed - on its own pallet, shrink wrapped with rigid corner pieces as well as a piece of plywood on top. It would have withstood a fair amount of abuse without a problem. Joe helped me to unwrap it, inspect it, and move it into the house.

The humidor is really attractive and well made. The doors are solid and close with a satisfying thunk, the seal appears to be quite good, the shelves and rails are heavy duty and look like they would hold far heavier items than cigars, the humidification system is dead-on accurate and easy to use...I am very pleased with the whole thing.

Once we got the unit set in its spot I filled and connected the humidification canisters, started seasoning it immediately, and then left it alone for 2 days. The pictures below show it after I filled it on Friday. It currently holds the contents of two 28-bottle Vinotemps (both full), one 60qt Cooler (full), one 60qt cooler (half full), and 2 half full 300 count desktop humidors (one of which is pictured on top of the Avallo below). Although these shots may make it seem full, there is still a LOT of space. I estimate I could add approximately the same amount as is visible without too much trouble and more if I started to play "cigar-box-Tetris".

Here are some pix:

Front view with the doors closed:
closedyp7.jpg

Front view with the doors open:
openfullec7.jpg

Shot of the singles drawer:
opendrawerff6.jpg

Shot of the top 2 shelves:
opentopit3.jpg

And finally, a shot of the bottom 2 shelves:
openbottomwe8.jpg

Matt Allen was a pleasure to work with. He was easy to talk to, responded to phone calls and emails promptly, and never sounded anything but pleased to be doing what he was doing. I'd give a solid recommendation for Avallo Humidors to anyone who asked!

Very, Very nice!! Man I need, um I mean, want one!!

Jim

Very nice setup! What information do you include on your labels?

That is awesome looking man. And plenty of room to grow into as well! I hope you have many many years of enjoyment from it!

Don

I'm not sure which is prettier, the cabinet or it's contents. :love:

That's awsome Tim, congrats on the new setup.

Nice Humi... Some pretty decent sticks in there also..

If that Opus Shark starts weighing the humi down check my profile for my address. I will cover shipping :)

Very nice.

Your sig pic got me thinking... (maybe NSFW?)

Wow, Gary...

My sig picture is indeed CJ Gibson. That's as impressive as any blind cigar tasting I have seen :)

That man knows his butts. And I ain't talkin' 'bout cigars!

Very nice setup! What information do you include on your labels?

I keep changing it around but there is usually some combination of:
- marca
- vitola
- name
- country of origin
- year of manufacture
- box code if applicable
- year I purchased it
- source
- price
- notes

A beautiful cabinet that will protect your investment for years to come, and be a pleasure to own. Nicely done...!!

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Congrats on a beauty! Your cigars will be very happy in their new home :D