• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The New Avallo Triple D is here and looking good!

Very nice looking humidor!

Now, I have to ask...maybe a really stupid question, but the pictures you posted got me thinking. I am not too familiar with the big humidors....since I only have a desktop one. Do you have to keep some sort of humidification device in each box inside the humi? I know the cigar boxes do not all have good seals, but you would think that they should do a decent job of keeping outside elements out correct?

Anyways, I don't want to thread jack, just wondering. Again...nice looking humi!

Very nice looking humidor!

Now, I have to ask...maybe a really stupid question, but the pictures you posted got me thinking. I am not too familiar with the big humidors....since I only have a desktop one. Do you have to keep some sort of humidification device in each box inside the humi? I know the cigar boxes do not all have good seals, but you would think that they should do a decent job of keeping outside elements out correct?

Anyways, I don't want to thread jack, just wondering. Again...nice looking humi!

Thanks for the compliments on the humidor and there are no stupid questions ;)

Regarding humidification; no, there are not separate humidification elements in each box. While you are correct in thinking that cigar boxes do not have tight seals (unless they are shrink wrapped in plastic), that is actually a good thing :) Generally speaking, boxes of cigars kept in a large humidor get everything they need from the humidor's humidification system. The very fact that the cigar boxes are not airtight is much of what allows the cigars themselves to achieve and maintain the proper level of humidity.

edited to add: While cigar boxes are almost always made of a wood such as Spanish cedar that does a good job of retaining humidity, this is not there primary purpose. Boxes are ultimately used to protect the cigars from physical damage, to make shipping and storage easier, and to look nice.

All Avallos, mine included, come with the Accumonitor humidification system which you can check out HERE. It's very easy to use and is working extremely well so far. I ordered mine with 4 canisters rather than the stock dual canister setup as I live in Minneapolis in an an old house with radiator heat and it gets extremely dry inside during the winter. I figure, better safe than sorry.

- Tim

I just saw this, Tim. Very nice set up! You've got me thinking about selling my boat... :0 :0 :0

I'll be down in September. I may need a personal tour in order to give a more accurate assessment. :whistling:

I just saw this, Tim. Very nice set up! You've got me thinking about selling my boat... :0 :0 :0

I'll be down in September. I may need a personal tour in order to give a more accurate assessment. :whistling:

(Almost) any time, Alan - my wife is due in early September so I may be, um...busy right around then. :sign: :sign: :sign:

Let me know when you are heading south and if we are still 2 instead of 3 I'd be more than happy to give you the nickel tour and enjoy a few fine cigars on the porch!

- Tim

(Almost) any time, Alan - my wife is due in early September so I may be, um...busy right around then. :sign: :sign: :sign:

Bottle in one hand, Trini in the other. How are you going to game? How are you going to...game? :D Spose you could get Joe to come over again, lend a hand. ;) That is if you can pull him away from those pulltabs for 5 minutes. :sign:

Gahhh.... That looks like heaven in a cabinet. Congrats on the beauty! Know that your purchase is very envied.

Nice setup.

Are you 7 feet tall? I mean, the top shelf would be hard to see inside without a ladder.

Nice setup.

Are you 7 feet tall? I mean, the top shelf would be hard to see inside without a ladder.

Tim will have no trouble seeing that top shelf. If nothing else he can have Mick come over and stand on his shoulders. :laugh:

That's a really nice setup. Your cigar selection makes my meager stash look pathetic. I'm normally not a jealous person, but Damn... :laugh:

Nice setup.

Heheheh, no; the humidor is about 5 feet tall and I am over 6. It's the bending down to the bottom shelf that hurts :p

That's a beautiful setup, and I'm sure you will love the Accumonitor system. I had their 1200 Delux model, until I upgraded to a larger system for myself, and loved the way it performed so much I put it into my new setup!

One thing you may want to consider, add a tablespoon per gallon of "Everclear" or some other high proof alcohol to your water. Don't worry, it won't impart any "odors" to your smokes, but it will eliminate any possible mold issues. I have been adding it to my water for over a year now, and, knock on wood, have had no issues at all.

Enjoy your new setup, and has been said, watch it fill up!! Nature abhors a vacuum, and cigar cabinets abhor empty space! ;)

Very nice Tim, congrats!

Brian