• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Oddest Thing

MoeCizlak

Built for comfort
I was preparing food for my neighbors to come over and had worked my way to the baked beans when the strangest thing happened. I had added some brown sugar, cayenne pepper, mustard and some paprika to the beans and was in the process of adding some ancho chilli powder when I spilled some ancho chilli powder dust on the low burner. I then stirred the concoction and the mixture of aromas hit me and I instantly smelled a burning RASS!! Now yes, I've had a couple bourbons but I'm not drunk, but I swear to the Almighty I smelled a RASS. I took the pot of beans off the burner and smelled them independently and then smelled the burning chilli powder on the burner independently and neither, by themselves, gave me the same aroma. But the combination of the beans and burning spice gave me an unmistakable sensation. I stood over the burner inhaling and emitted an aubible sigh and my wife asked if I needed to be alone. I couldn't help myself, it was simply beautiful. Anyway, I just thought this was something to share. I'll probably never be able to duplicate this again, but at least once I can say I recreated a RASS here in Iowa.

Very cool!

Now how about bottling that stuff and giving Bush's Baked Beans a run for their money? ;)

Wilkey

Very cool!

Now how about bottling that stuff and giving Bush's Baked Beans a run for their money? ;)

Wilkey

Bush Baked Beans, who could ask for anything more. I basically grew up on those LOL!! Beans Beans are good for your heart, the more you eat the more... I guess you get the picture LOL.

....Now yes, I've had a couple bourbons but I'm not drunk....
OK, if you say so..... :laugh:

I swear on Evan Williams' grave I wasn't.....well, at the time I wasn't anyway. :laugh: :whistling:

Wilkey, if I could bottle that I would do it in a heartbeat. I will need to get me a "Get Smart" like dome, a nitrogen blanket to keep the good aroma down at the bottom of the dome and some sort of vacuum to extract the aroma. This could make good discertation material, you in? :rolleyes:

I swear on Evan Williams' grave I wasn't.....well, at the time I wasn't anyway. :laugh: :whistling:
OMG!...when did he die? :whistling:

EvanWilliams.jpg

Wilkey, if I could bottle that I would do it in a heartbeat. I will need to get me a "Get Smart" like dome, a nitrogen blanket to keep the good aroma down at the bottom of the dome and some sort of vacuum to extract the aroma. This could make good discertation material, you in? :rolleyes:
OK...I've been thinking about this and you may be on to something here....

You have the recipe, the conceptual technology to capture the 'essence'...

Now, with a little tweaking, we have a product for the avid Cigar Aficionado who has everything....like #1 :laugh:

BlueBottle-RASS.jpg

If, in fact, Evan Williams is not dead....we could have his next great entrepreneurial endeavor :laugh: Way to go Mo!

I have smoked a fair amount of RASS and I can honestly say that you can smoke one right under my nose and I wouldn't know it was a RASS.

I can't smell my own cigar, only taste it. Perhaps if I was not smoking and in the company of someone who smoked a RASS often, I would know what it smelled like.
Is it just me that cannot smell what I'm smoking?

Ok Gary, take your best shot! :laugh:

BTW, that bean spice sounds great, I often enjoy bake beans on toast.

Brian

I thoroughly enjoy the smell of my own smoke, almost as much as the taste to be quite honest. When I get a really good smoke, I will often let the smoke rise up into my nose in between draws. I will confess that I did my humidor weekly maintenance just a couple of hours prior to this and opened my box of RASS to see how the boys were doing. Otherwise I don't know if I could've been as specific. But it sure did smell Cuban to me.

The beans were quite good I must say. I've never tried them on toast though, that sounds interesting. Good think I've got leftovers.

I can't smell my own cigar, only taste it.

Is it just me that cannot smell what I'm smoking?

Ok Gary, take your best shot! :laugh:

Brian

Maybe it's time for a new nose Brian...

One that works!...What did you put that poor thing through in the '70s and '80s? :whistling:

I know a guy...a Plastic Surgeon...who was one of the pioneers of reconstructive rhinoplasty to improve breathing and to correct congenital deformities. Maybe it would be worth a call. He even did his own nose and went on to be a pretty successful Hollywood Actor.

Contact Information:

Dr. Karl Malden
Plastic Surgery Institute of Beverly Hills
435 North Roxbury, Suite 100
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Call: (800) FIX-UR-FU-SCHNOZ
Local Phone: (310) 278-2008

KarlMalden.jpg

Hope this helps :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know a guy...a Plastic Surgeon...who was one of the pioneers of reconstructive rhinoplasty to improve breathing and to correct congenital deformities. Maybe it would be worth a call. He even did his own nose and went on to be a pretty successful Hollywood Actor.

Contact Information:

Dr. Karl Malden
Plastic Surgery Institute of Beverly Hills
435 North Roxbury, Suite 100
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Call: (800) FIX-UR-FU-SCHNOZ
Local Phone: (310) 278-2008

KarlMalden.jpg

Hope this helps :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Holy $hit! Karl Malden!!!!!!
Haven't thought of him for quite some time. HE'S 96 Years old now!