• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The "Of Course I can READ!" Pass

Shuji

Alright guys. Here we go.

This pass will begin the week AFTER Christmas. This is just to get some ideas rolling for it. What I was thinking was a pass where we swap our favorite books. I can't get enough reading, so books are always great, and I love to share my favorites with others.

Rules?:

- A limited pass, just 10 or so people
- Pass containing low - mid - AND high end smokes
- I will start the pass shipped out with a few of my favorite books included. Because of the shipping getting so high, we can only have a few people. Also, paperbacks will be better!
- All the standard ISOM/ISOM, Quality/Quality puts/takes - please no Quantity/Quality. I'll start the pass with a good range of sticks.

Anyone have any other suggestions for this pass? I don't want the shipping to get *too* high, hence the limit on the number of people.

Once we get some suggestions, we'll get this one going!! :)

So far, we have:

1. Lumberg
2. tschoon
3. Dannyob
4. hyper1
5. ALostTexan
6. RainzEdge
7. dixieland_conjunction

I got a nice 700 page Hard Cover Tom Clancy novel for ya :) You may want to limit the number of books you are allowed to put or even only allow paperback to help keep down the weight

Hey we can legitimately send the boxes by media mail though! That's a great idea!

In.

I was thinking only a 1:1 for books ... and really, we should limit it to paperbacks.

Got you down, Lumberg!!

My suggestion is get the book on digital format, then burn a copy. :)

I like the idea of 1 or 2 paperbacks to keep the shipping down. Count me in when this one is ready to roll.

Got you in, Tschoon!!

I like the digital idea, vewy ... but not very convenient to read, and my favorite books probably don't have digital versions (though you'd think they would!)

I'll put you down tentatively, Danny ... you've got a couple of weeks to make a few trades and get yourself known, but by that time, I'm sure it won't be a problem!! :)

This may not start till after the first of the year, we'll have to see how my moving goes! (or when it goes :( )

Doesn't look like this one is taking off to well. Probably due to the holidays and all. Hope we get enough to start a pass!!

If you will accept a newbie, I'll go in. I have a nice inventory of both books and 'Gars. You can put me on the end and by the time it gets to me I won't be a newbie any-more. Let me know and I'll PM the details. Anything you are looking for? Happy to do a quick trade to show I'm responsible. I'm traveling in through Paris this week so can pick up most anything ISOM.

- Mike

By the way, I like the idea and it's good to see I'm keeping company with at least a few literate minds.

Lessee, I got lots of books, you know the ones they let me color it? NO WAIT i got these other magazines with neked girlies in them!!! :D

Unfortunately, I'm not a book person at all Shuji or I'd jump in your pass in a minute. I just gave away hundreds of my late fathers books but they were just those silly spy novel paperbacks (geez).

I think you should definately take Mike (hyper1) in your pass. I told him to put his address in his profile which he did but we can't send him any bombs if we don't know his last name :sign:

His last name is there now ;)

I'll put you in, hyper1 ... we've still got a few weeks before it starts for you to get some credits. :)

This one should be starting the week after christmas, if my stock is up ... if not, then shortly after the first of the year! :)

Thanks Shuji. I'm looking forward to it. In the mean time, let me know if there's anything your'e looking for.

Is there a "theme" to what books? Like sci fi or war or non fiction?? Just curious, sounds like it migt be fun, and I LOVE a good book. But there are also TONS out there I don't like.

Phil

Phil said:
Is there a "theme" to what books? Like sci fi or war or non fiction?? Just curious, sounds like it migt be fun, and I LOVE a good book. But there are also TONS out there I don't like.

Phil
I'm throwing two fiction and one non-fiction in to start the pass off ... already got them picked out.

Just whatever books you like to read! :)

I'll happilly send you some SciFi/Fantasy novels to sweeten the pot to start.

hyper1 said:
I'll happilly send you some SciFi/Fantasy novels to sweeten the pot to start.
I've got about 300 books (my brother in law hates me, he got to carry the other end of that box down to the moving truck), so I may throw a few more in to begin with.

I'll probably throw in a few more to give some selection ... Media mail for a 10 pound package is still less than $5 shipped. :)