• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The official Moki 2000 contest

Looks like Wildcard is going to take it. I saw you poking around the Cohiba font's thread trying to time it right. LOL

Emo

Voting is closed!

The official date/time of the 2000th post is:

Jun 7 2004, 01:58 PM

I'll have to figure out who won...

Now hold on here,

You never did resolve the EST vs EDT deal even after I pointed it out???

Emo said "1346 EST" but we're on daylight so did he miss by 12 minutes or 48 minutes?

I said "2:12 PM" so did I miss by 14 minutes or an hour and fourteen minutes? You said the winning time was "1:58 PM" and I guessed 2:12 PM or a fourteen minute difference with EMO specifying that his guess was indeed EST

If you're going to stick to your rule of EST then emo said 1346 EST and your 200th post was at 1258 EST

Kingpin picked "1:15 PM" which is what 1:15 EDT or EST? if it is indeed EDT then his time is really 1215 EST and he wins.

Most everyone is going to say Emo won but I think that an equally compelling case can be made that I won and another compelling can can be made the kingpin won.

You should have just said "Eastern Time" but ya didn't :sign:

Personally I think you should send prize packs to kingpin, emo and me since you screwed up :sign:

coventrycat86 said:
1) The date and time of the guesses must be in EST

Or eastern DAYLIGHT time?

C'mon.................... this could be real important
And it's not like I didn't tell ya it was going to be ;)

My argument for declaring CC86 as the winner is that I said 2:12, you declared winning time to be 1:58 and emo SPECIFIED his guess was EST AFTER I pointed out that we had a problem here. Did emo really mean 1:46 or 12:46, I say he meant 12:46 EDT because he specified "1346 EST"

Good luck figuring this one out :p

Looks like Wildcard is going to take it. I saw you poking around the Cohiba font's thread trying to time it right. LOL

Well, I wasn't being that precise. :) When I guessed he was at 1998 posts, and I knew I had to be either a little earlier, or a little later than CC's guess, I just picked wrong. ???

Click Moki's profile, and it says "User's local time", I think if you aren't bright enough to figure out what time he was referring to (or live in Indiana :p) you should be disqualified on principle!

I am confused. ??? By EST I ment -5:00 which is the same time zone as Moki and I. I do realize that the rest of the world doesn't adjust their clock's for daylight savings. Maybe we should just go by Zulu time in order to advoid CC's conundrum. I say we shoot CC, and send the cigars to someone who will really enjoy them. LOL

Emo

Well, you are closest Emo, but if we do shoot him, maybe just in the knee for now. You can't teach a man anything by killing him. :lookup:

Moki is on EDT or GMT-4, seems pretty straightforward to me. emo specified his guess was 1346 EST or GMT-5 which means was off my an hour and twelve minutes.

I pointed this out before the contest was over and it should have been clarified.

We can all take guesses as what anyone "meant" like "Officer, I meant to obey the speed limit." :sign: but emo's guess is EST not EDT, Moki specified confusing rules and did not elaborate on them when it was brought up and kingpin can make an arguement he won too.

I still say I won :sign:

Wildcard said:
Well, you are closest Emo, but if we do shoot him, maybe just in the knee for now. You can't teach a man anything by killing him. :lookup:
I aint trying to teach CC the lesseon, I am trying to teach a lesson to all the other smart asses out there. :0

Emo

Well, it's funny because it's true, but still... That's one hell of a technicality.

emodx said:
I say we shoot CC, and send the cigars to someone who will really enjoy them. LOL

Emo
LMAO.

Well, this time guessing problem has always been an issue with all the different time zones and those who account for daylight savings and those who don't. Blah blah blah. My next contest will be everyone who posts gets a single number in a hat. I'm going to draw a number at random. That person wins... PERIOD.

Besides, with all this talk about time zone stuff, the real issue here is that the contest holder (in this case moki) has every right and ability to "fix" the contest by deciding when they want to make the final and winning post. I demand an overhaul. This whole thing has been a travesty... a sham... and a mockery. It's TRAVESHAMOCKERY!

:D

As for this contest, I think moki should just send out a package to everyone who guessed, because every zone is technically EASTERN time zone from another time zone. Because it wasn't stated WHICH time system would be used, by reason of VAGUENESS, I declare EVERYONE a winner!

coventrycat86 said:
Moki is on EDT or GMT-4, seems pretty straightforward to me. emo specified his guess was 1346 EST or GMT-5 which means was off my an hour and twelve minutes.

I pointed this out before the contest was over and it should have been clarified.

I still say I won :sign:
It is -4 for EST and -5 to adjust for the farmers. We really should get rid of this daylight savings. I still stand behind shooting CC and sending the cigars to some one who can appreciate them more than loud moth over there. LOL

Emo

Wildcard said:
Well, it's funny because it's true, but still...  That's one hell of a technicality.
And I have the perfect solution, Moki sends out THREE packages :sign:

It solves everything, teaches him the significance of EDT vs EST (which as I stated, he should have clarified once I brought up the subject), and makes for good feelings all around :sign:

Daylight Saving Time was first dreamed up in England in the late 1800's but not specifically for the farmers. Actually lots of farmers thought it was a stupid idea. They actually wanted the early sun in the morning and genereally opposed the idea.

The best thing to do with these contests is:
1. Specify the PROPER time zone AND whether or not it is standard or daylight. Indiana, Hawaii and Arizona (well the indian reservation does but the rest of AZ does not) do not do daylight saving time. USVI & Puerto Rico don't recognize it either.
2. Have a cut off like "Once I hit 1975 no more entries"

And I have the perfect solution, Moki sends out THREE packages

Now, while I think that is just completely rediculous, I do have to point out that using the same logic you are using to get Kingpin a package, my guess was closer than his. :sign:

I still vote for Emo, though.