• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The only bad fuente

I like them.... have had three so far and all three burnt well and tasted good.

I did however remove the cedar sleeves as soon as I received them and stored them without.

The other Fuente cigars with the same type of sap problem as the King B are the Chateau Fuentes... every one I've had from recent production have been covered in sap.

I think that they are great cigars. I have never seen a bunch of sap on any of the 3 boxes I have tried them from. And I have looked closely for it too. I've seen a picture of it once but have never seen it in person. Everyone that I have smoked tasted good to great.

I'm still waiting until the year mark is reached on these before I give it another run. Interesting to hear they aren't changing that much. Here is what I think if anyone is interested.

King B Review

Cookie gave me a King B in Vegas, and it was excellent. I also had a King B about a month ago, and it was also a great cigar, however I did notice several sap spots on it. Nothing major, but it sure got my attention.

I like them and think they are good cigars...better than the AF Cuban Beli SG. All of the ones I smoked have had sap spots on them...but oh well...never has hurt the taste. Give them another try...

-Fetter

I thought they were quite a decent smoke, a bit on the mild side though. I don't really understand the rational of aging a cigar like this. In my experience, mild cigars tend not to change much with age.

Please read my 4 posts in this thread here

You will see some useful information I think.

Anyone who does not like this cigar I will buy any and every stick out there.
This is a hybrid of 2 of the most popular cigars Fuente makes, and thats all I have to say about that...................

Hmmm. Talk about a black and white issue for some folks.

I still hold to my original review, but I can see myself picking up one or two sometime in the future and trying them. I cannot believe that letting them sit out for two days helps. I’ll try it if I ever smoke another, but Fuente needs better quality control on these sticks.

For all those that love these. Tampa Sweet Heart's has them by the box for $117.00 plus $3.00 shipping, which is well below the $8.50-8.00 a stick some folks have paid for them.

For the rest of us, the Fuente SG line still offers some of the best smokes out there, it’s just a damn shame that the King-B isn’t one of them.

Love the cuban belicoso sungrown better than king B and maybe even the royal salute too.

Dry boxing helps with these.I do not store at low humidity levels just because to my tastes,it seems as if it loses flavors and oils.I'd rather keep between 65%-70% and dry box those that smoke better at a lower RH%.Though,cant say I had any issues with these,it did,however,burn unevenly.

I was watching my buddy smoke one and it actually blew up(wrapper split and it frayed outward) so i light mine up and the same thing happened to me. It was something i never saw before.

I'm in the King B likers camp. There aren't too many of us. People tend to LOVE them or HATE them. I like 'em. Good smokes. Have a few, would buy more at the right price...but I've fallen into the deep end of the dark side lately.
Well... count me in that camp of yours, smokelaw ;)

I had my first King B last night and really enjoyed it. I didn't really buy into all of the hype of this cigar and as mixed reviews came in, I figured some day I'd try one but was in no hurry. About a month ago someone gifted me a King B and it's just been sitting in my humi waiting for the right time. It probably helps that my expectations were very low and I was thinking even before lighting it up that I probably wasn't going to like it. However, I soon found out that I sure was wrong.

Although I've only had one of these babies, I enjoyed it more than a Hemingway. Now my only question is do I buy a box of these suckers or try another one first to make sure last night wasn't an anomaly. I'll probably end up ordering a box - if anyone feels like a split, give me a holler.

Anyone who does not like this cigar I will buy any and every stick out there.
This is a hybrid of 2 of the most popular cigars Fuente makes, and thats all I have to say about that...................

The wrapper on these cigars is actually not an Opus wrapper, if that's what you're implying. Linkage

As for the cigars themselves, I've been underwhelmed by the King B's I've had... but I've put some back for aging just in case.

Just ordered a box this weekend and I look forward to trying another King B. I just hope that after ordering a box, I enjoy the others as much as I did the first. I also hope I dodge the sap problem that has been widely reported.

I might strip the cedar off all of them and store them bare naked (as a few guys here have recommended).