• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Other Cigars of Cuba

The Master said:
There is nothing second tier about the Juan Lopez, Sancho Panza and Rafael Gonzalez lines. Yes they are not popular with the newer Cuban cigar smokers, but the old guys know quite well how great theses are.
[snapback]214952[/snapback]​

Yes, those are three great lines. I smoked a Sanchos yesterday and it was fantastic :thumbs: I've been looking to find a box of RG Coronas Extras for a while but they're hard to find :(

Sanchos are my favorite A, fantastic complex smoke. The RG CE's are another great sleeper. I'm down to half a box of 98's, gonna have to look for these pretty soon.

2nd tier DOES NOT MEAN 2nd rate !

The point of my posting was that there are some OUTSTANDING Habana cigars out there that are made and sold by companies without the marketing and sales clout of the "Big Boys.." and subsequently they are not as well known, i.e., they are the 2nd tier in the commercial endeavor known as Cuban cigars....

"2nd Tier" is not meant here as a judgement on the quality of the product from these smaller producers - quite to the contrary......as has been mentioned,I and others here consider, for example, the Sancho Panza Beli at aprox $6 a stick to be a GEM - in terms of quality and flavor and value.... as is the case with many of the other great cigars mentioned here......you don't need to stay with only the top commercial vendors in the marketplace to discover truly outstanding Habana smokes.

Happy smoking and enjoyment is wished to all. :thumbs:

im not sure but the doc i know only brings high end sticks to the marriot...although those sp belis are delish !! just as good as a canolli with chocolate covering.

I just call them the "less popular" ones. As I mentioned earlier, most of these less popular brands are by far my favorites and I have many of them on hand most times. At the moment, I'm out of RGs & SP Sanchos but that will change in a week or two :whistling:

Had a Cuaba this evening and I must say, wow. I was expecting it to get harsh, but it never did, it was as smooth as anything. I am definately going to have to pick a couple more of these up :)

Thanks indyrob <3 for giving me the chance to try one of these.

Cuabas are very good for the money. SP Non Plus are one of my favorite smokes. They age very well.

The Cuaba Solomones are GREAT.... not as strong as the Partagas Solomones but SMOOTH !!!

My stand by short smokes to fill time is the juan Lopez PC's.

habanowhore said:
im not sure but the doc i know only brings high end sticks to the marriot...although those sp belis are delish !! just as good as a canolli with chocolate covering.
[snapback]215404[/snapback]​

Bro. Tim !!!!!

I'm really pleased that you found your way over to Cigar Pass as well - it really does appear to be a much 'saner' forum - they actually talk about cigars here unlike some other sites !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know that you also love those aged SP Belicoso - now that we are back from SC (couldn't find a canolli or rum baba anywhere !) - the smoking lamp at the Marriott will soon be on...... See y'all soon.

I just had my first of the Quai d'Orsay marca (Corona) on Friday night. What a pleasant surprise, and an incredible price for a Habanos.

Quai D'Orsay is another over looked brand that offers some very unique flavor profiles. I have a bunch of 94 Gran Coronas that are incredible. I also have some 93 Panatelas that are as strong as any Cuban I have in stock. The coronas in this line are a great mild morning or afternoon cigar, which is priced very right from most vendors.

I finished off my last box '93 Qd'O panatela last weekend....... I wish these were still available in the quanities that they were a couple of years ago. I had some '97s that were almost as good as the '93s and those are gone now too. :(

I know where a pretty good stash of them are, but they are not for sale....I will eventually get my hands on some more of them though..... :)

Just got a box of SP beli's date 02 and now i'm really looking forward to having one. The Quai d'Orsay corona's however didn't make it paste the halfway mark. Very tart and bitter.