• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 'Other new Guy' Pass

In case anyone is wondering... Here are the cigar picks for this pass:

CAO Churchill Maduro
Astral Grand Res 96 Beso (tubed)
Partagas Robusto
La Gloria Wavell
CAO Churchill Camaroon
Montecristo #1
Don Diego Reserve
H. Upmann H2000 Coronas Largos
CAO eXtreme Robusto
Montecristo Tubos (tubed)
Punch Rothchild Maduro
Excalibur Epicure Natural
Sancho Panza Valiente
Romeo Y Julieta Cedro Deluxe #1

Hope this is cool with everyone, I tried to pick a random bunch (actually I went through my spreadsheet program and created a random output command to choose these :p)

There is also going to be included for Beast an extra CAO eXtreme in a baggie, please don't take this one.

Other than that, I think we're almost ready. We need one more passer involved and then I'll close it off and get it going. Once I get the last person, I'll make the pass order list and post it up.

-Tony

Ooo Ooo! Can I join?

Did I make it in time?

Snailer sent "just in case" :p :p

Dave... Hey, where are my :cool: sunglasses?? ???

WHOOHOOO! We've got a CP celebrity on board ;p

Thanks Dave

OOOOOk.  We've got our lucky 7, so here's the pass order:

Bryan
Leebo
Beast
Dave
J Lew
Hallis
Misc
Then back to me :)

How's that sound?  If anyone isn't ok with this, please let me know.  If everyone is cool with it, then giddeeyup!  :D

:)
nice job on the cigar line up, gonna be a good one. ;)

may I also say "drool"

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

It does look like a good lineup, and a good group of passers, sorry to have had to stay out of this one, but I am spread real thin right now with so much "Stuff" going on, but I will catch your next pass Tone'.

PB Out....

[quote name='Smokin'Tone' date='June 05 2002,10:24']OOOOOk.  We've got our lucky 7, so here's the pass order:

Bryan, Leebo, Beast, Dave, J Lew, Hallis, Misc, Then back to me :)[/quote]
Works for me! :)

Hallis -- as I live out in the sticks, I get my mail at a PO Box which I typically only check a couple of times a week. If you let me know when the box is headed to me, I'll be sure to check every day until it gets here.

Is it safe to assume that anything that started in the pass is safe to use as a replacement? Hmmm, I guess that'd defeat the purpose for Tone, eh? (Then again, since it's just Tony, maybe I'll take the box downtown and see how much I can sell it for ;) Just kidding, Tony!)

But what I was really getting at is: I don't recognize half the names in the starting lineup, and have never smoked half of the ones I do recognize. I guess I'd like some guideance about what constitutes reasonable replacement stock (I don't have access to ISOMs (yet! ;))) for my swaps.

If folks leave notes (or post here) about what they took and what they replaced with, that would be a helpful guide. And if Hallis doesn't mind me asking, perhaps he can drop me a note with recommendations, since he'll know what's in the box headed my way.

Thanks!

I'm excited, this is my 1st pass (I'm also signed up for BW's newbie pass, but he's having ISP troubles :\)

Go, Tony, go! :) :D :)

Well here is what I do to see what's a fair trade. I goto JR's and Lynns to check on prices. The I go to Smoke or CA to see the ratings. Then all you have to do is trade equal or better/more valuable cigar. Sometimes the better smoke is less expensive, then all you gotta do is PM the host and explain the situation. :D

Emo

emodx said:
Well here is what I do to see what's a fair trade. I goto JR's and Lynns to check on prices. The I go to Smoke or CA to see the ratings.  Then all you have to do is trade equal or better/more valuable cigar. Sometimes the better smoke is less expensive, then all you gotta do is PM the host and explain the situation.  :D
I know JRs & Lynn's (hey, what am I, some kind of NEWBIE or something?! ;) ). What's "Smoke"? "CA"?

"PM"?

Thanks!

P.S. Is someone getting all this down for inclusion in the FAQ/lingo page? <G> Suggestion for board operator: a quick-link to "what's this mean?" page (dialog would be better.) If the word is in the DB, display the meaning. If not, auto-post the word to a "lingo" forum as "What does 'xyz' mean?". Place all answers to that thread in the DB, so the next guy to use it will see the answers.

PuroBrat said:
It does look like a good lineup, and a good group of passers, sorry to have had to stay out of this one, but I am spread real thin right now with so much "Stuff" going on, but I will catch your next pass Tone'.

PB Out....
PB Don't worry about it, I was telling CigarCzar earlier that I've never been on a board that's been as friendly and open as CP is.  I plan on doing a pass about once or twice a month (at least that's what my plan is moohahahaa)

You guys are a great bunch, and I'm glad to have stumbled onto this board and become a welcome member  :)

-Tony

Misc said:
emodx said:
Well here is what I do to see what's a fair trade. I goto JR's and Lynns to check on prices. The I go to Smoke or CA to see the ratings.  Then all you have to do is trade equal or better/more valuable cigar. Sometimes the better smoke is less expensive, then all you gotta do is PM the host and explain the situation.  :D
I know JRs & Lynn's (hey, what am I, some kind of NEWBIE or something?! ;) ).  What's "Smoke"?  "CA"?

"PM"?

Thanks!

P.S. Is someone getting all this down for inclusion in the FAQ/lingo page? <G>  Suggestion for board operator: a quick-link to "what's this mean?" page (dialog would be better.)  If the word is in the DB, display the meaning.  If not, auto-post the word to a "lingo" forum as "What does 'xyz' mean?".  Place all answers to that thread in the DB, so the next guy to use it will see the answers.
Smoke=www.smokemag.com
CA=www.cigaraffionado.com
PM=Private Message

:thumbs: This is still goin out monday, right? Cant wait to get started. should be fun. :D

Hey ST, do you want this moved to "In Progress" now, or monday?

Thanks,
Dave ;)

You could move it if you want, I'm actually going to be able to get this out in the mail tomorrow morning.

-Tony

When a thread changes forums, do I have to re-subscribe to keep getting it in e-mail?

That is, am I subscribed to "this thread, no matter what" or to "this thread in this forum"?

Thanks! :0

Hey Misc. Good question. I don't know the anwer, but you will in a second. Let us know if you're still subscribed.....

Dave