• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 'Other new Guy' Pass

Actually, if Hallis took a Partagas Habana, then he took an ISOM and replaced it with an OpusX which is a NON-ISOM. This would be against the rules but is something that happens at times due to the pass Captains personal taste and the availability of Opus to them.

I did not personally participate in this Pass, tho I wish I had, but I would like to know for sure if that is what Hallis did here. And Tony, I also want to know if you yourself consider it acceptable.

Ok, I'm new at this, so be gentle (don't want to leave any permanant psychological scars on my first pass! ;) )

Takes:
CAO 1998 Anniversaire -- looks like a long churchil, slightly box-pressed, dark EMS or light maduro.
Cuesta-Rey Aristocrat (because I can't resist a glass tube. :) )
Partagas Cifuentes Y Cia -- looks to be about robusto size.

(Correction to earlier: it looks like there are a couple of partagas in there.)
(NOTE: Also a "Habana" or two. I did not realize that it was the indicator. Although, am I correct that "Habana 2000" refers to a wrapper-type and is NOT ISOM?)

Puts:
REAL puts:
Duque Gran Duque
Ashton Churchill
Romeo y Julietta Churchill en Tubo

"Extra" puts -- cheaper cigars that I enjoy and I noticed none were in the box. A small "Thanks!" to Tone:
JR Ultimate Cabinet selection #50
Genuine Counterfeit Cuban (a JR house brand)
Genuine Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cuban (JR house -- I prefer these to the GCC, but others like the GCC better.)

So, this looks "about right" to me. Unless someone tells me "what?! Are you INSANE?!?!" sometime today, I'll try to get this out 1st thing in the a.m. -- going home to Tone.

Thanks again to all, my 1st pass-box was quite a thrill. I'm signed up for a couple more, and starting one of my own (check it out!) -- can't wait!

In my best kid voice:"Oooooohhh, I'm telllling"
In my best Puro voice" Hallis, you and me, at the big Oak tree. High noon"

<Note to self, don't P off Michael> :p

Emo

Misc said:
"Extra" puts...
[snip]
Genuine Counterfeit Cuban (a JR house brand)
Genuine Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cuban (JR house -- I prefer these to the GCC, but others like the GCC better.)
Oops, I lied. Looks like I'm all out of GCCs (they're actually very good, inexpensive trading & hand-out cigars -- need to order more! :)), so change that to 2 GPECCs and add a Consuega #9.

If my Connie #733s (#73 maduro) come today, I'll toss in one of those, too. (Connies are cheap bundle cigars from JR that are actually high-quality 2nds of rather good cigars. I forget the details, but can look it up on request.)

Again, "...unless someone tells me I'm being totally unreasonable", that's what's going in the mail, tomorrow a.m.

(NOTE TO TONE: being new at this, none of my cigars are aged. You might want to label my puts "do not smoke until 2003" or some such. While these are all tastey cigars off the truck, I'm told they become much better with some nap time.)

Misc...If those are your hand out cigars, let me be the first in line...Snailire is in the profile! :p

Emo

Misc said:
(NOTE: Also a "Habana" or two. I did not realize that it was the indicator. Although, am I correct that "Habana 2000" refers to a wrapper-type and is NOT ISOM?)
Kinda confusing, ain't it? ???

Ok, P&Ts as posted earlier -- I couldn't stop thinking about that damned box, so I took a break from work and just did it :)

My Connie #733s didn't come today, so I put an IOU to Tone for that one. He's in my pass, so I'll just slip it to him, then.

Dude, this box is BURSTING with cigar-goodness! I had a little trouble repacking every thing, but the wife offered to sit on the lid while I stuffed extrusions back inside with a crowbar. Uh.... some of those cigars might have a slight "box pressed" look, now :lookup: -- I hope that's ok :)

Anyway, I'll get it back in that POS you call a cardboard box and down to the post office tomorrow. I'll post tracking #, once I have it.

emodx said:
Misc...If those are your hand out cigars, let me be the first in line...Snailire is in the profile! :p
You're confusing "hand out to friends I meet and budding young cigar enthusiasts" with "pay money to mail them to some mooch who's so lazy he wants me to do the work of looking up his address"

:p

And besides, didn't I say I was OUT of them? :)

So, whacha got to trade...? :lookup: You're not in NoCal, are you? (No, I'm not going to go look up your address, you lazy bum! When people say "what are you interested in?" do you tell them to look at your web page? <G>) If so, we can exchange cheap cigars over cheap beer :) (Well, there's no such thing as "cheap" cigars or beer here, but you know what I mean.)

Woo hoo...Now I am a lazy bum...better than most things I am called though...LOL. The furthest north I have been in CA is Bodega Bay...Now that is some beautiful country up there. :love:

Emo

Whew. I'm all confused LOL. Ok.... Lemme see if I got this right...

K, first, PB, I'll pm my thoughts.

Misc, you don't have to sweat your gives, it sounded good to me :)

Is that all? LOL, I'm all discombobulated now heheh

Diszcombobawho?...my oh my...you think you are confused now, wait until you get your pass back and see all those smokes...you won't know where to start...

Emo

Is it too early to begin the pee pee dance?

Emo, I've got my puts already laid out for yours. Meesa tink you gonna be happy

You think I am going to ba happy...wait till you smell the aroma from your box...it will be intoxicating! I am still looking for that elusive cigar that smells like the first wif of a box pass...From the looks of it, you are going be smack dab in the middle somewhere...

Emo

All I've been doing is thinking about where I'm going to put them LOL. I actually just ordered a 120 count humi. Glass top, looked real nice.

Only question I've got on the glass top humi's is where in the world do you put the pucks/bricks?

All my other humi's are solid, with no see-thru goodies.

I can't wait for that thing to come back.... Between that and the new pipe, I don't know where to start!

hehe, I've got that funny feeling in my belly HAHAHAAAAAA...

Tone...I have an El Rey humi that hold 100-150 or so assorted gars...Mine came with this neat little holder that fits into the pull out top shelf...Holds 2 round elements and a meter...all of which were included...Next one I get will be for the closet at home. I got this one for my desk because it has a nice presentation...

Emo

:(

Seems the one I ordered doesn't have a tray or a thingy to put the pucks. Guess I'll just leave them on top of the smokes?

Ok, first things first:

Tone: www.usps.gov says

---
Delivery Status

You entered 0310 2990 0001 9735 4148

There is no record of that item. If it was mailed recently, information may not yet be available. Please try again later.
---

Try not to freak out -- I only sent it at 11:45, and the PO closed at noon :) Anyway, theoretically, we can use said number to verify that the box arrives and you're not trying a fast one.

Dude, you are in for a SERIOUSLY sweet box! I can only hope mine comes home half as nice as this one. In fact, I'm going to go sink some money into some good singles to start it, just cuz it was so inspiring to look at such a great box full of cigars. :)

2nd: Emo -- Bodega Bay is SERIOUSLY nice country -- and it just gets beautifuller and beautifuller as you head up the coast. I'm about 2hrs South of there, in the Santa Cruz mountains (San Jose area, which is "San Francisco area", if you zoom out a little :D)

3rd: thanks again to everyone for letting me into my 1st pass. It rocked! When I first signed up, I thought "wow, this is cool...", but when the box actually got here, it was, like...
WOW! Now, *THIS* is COOL!!!

I'm all psyched for the others I'm in (except I can't remember if I'm signed on for 2 or 3 -- my forum subscriptions got scrambed the other day, and now I think I'm subscribed to some pass forums that I may not be in. Well, I'll find out when the boxes arrive :))

Woo-hoo!

Misc said:
Dude, you are in for a SERIOUSLY sweet box! ...
Oh yeah -- my connie #733s came today (heh.) I've never had one, but the folks over at ASC swear they're the greatest thing at less than $1 each. Anyway, I'll drop you one in my pass, Tony. Also, I got a bunch of other sampler packs, maybe I'll stick a few of those in there for you, too. I've never had any of them, but ouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on them.

Anyway, that's not for a couple of weeks, yet -- but just wanted to close off that loose end...

:) :) :)

1st- Misc, stop worrying about having to 'owe' me anything, I'm just glad you received the box, got a few smokes out of it and from the sounds of it, really enjoyed being part. That's what I was looking for :) You owe me nothing ;) This was my first as pass guy, and overall, I'd say it was a pretty good experience. The guys put some amazing smokes in there, and I can't thank you enough.

2nd- As long as I know you got the box out, I don't have to concern myslef with calling out the CP gnomes ;) Kidding, I really didn't think I'd have that one issue, and hopefully no one thinks I'm THAT paranoid to think that I'd get the box and then claim it never showed. ???

3rd- Next pass is already gearing up MOOHAHAHAAA (putting aside a nice batch in the humi. Prolly do it after Daves 'Take 'em all, I don't care' pass ;) LOL.. I'm addicted to the whole passing aspect now. Even scheming up on trying to figure out if there's a way to do a 'homebrew & cigar pass' (kind of like Horses cd & cigar pass, only with a tasty beverage). Only kinks I see are shipping and the cost, because if you send a case of brew out, I'd want to do UPS or even Fed Ex. Can't really expect anyone to pay that shipping cost, unless they're crazy like I am.

Oh yeah......

and let the pee pee dance of joyous return BEGIN!!!

:D