• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Pittsburgh Steelers

Do Pittsburg have a football team? ???

Go Chargers!!!

Brian

Oh yea, by the way, how many rings do you guys have? :sign:

We are starting on our second hand.

Soon we will have to go to toe rings. :D

I'm afraid to ask where the ring after that will go...

I've always had a lot of respect for the Steelers' organization. I'm not a fan, but I think they're, without a doubt, one of the pillars of the NFL.

Go Chargers!!!

Brian

Oh yea, by the way, how many rings do you guys have? :sign:

We are starting on our second hand.

Soon we will have to go to toe rings. :D

I'm afraid to ask where the ring after that will go...

I've always had a lot of respect for the Steelers' organization. I'm not a fan, but I think they're, without a doubt, one of the pillars of the NFL.

And that, Sir, is why you are a respected member and pillar of this community.

Brian #1 on the other hand... ??? Chargers? :rolleyes:

Go Chargers!!!

Brian

Yes Pittsburgh do have a football team!

It's easy to find them, just locate where the Chargers finish every year and look up :D

Edited to add......Would you care to bet a fiver on the November 16th meeting between these two teams? I would have to scour my coolidors to find five cigars worthy of your palet on the off chance the Steelers are too banged up to win ;)

Go Chargers!!!

Brian

Yes Pittsburgh do have a football team!

It's easy to find them, just locate where the Chargers finish every year and look up :D

Edited to add......Would you care to bet a fiver on the November 16th meeting between these two teams? I would have to scour my coolidors to find five cigars worthy of your palet on the off chance the Steelers are too banged up to win ;)
OK! :cool:

Brian

"I fear all I have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Edited to add.....luckily the Steelers are the better team :whistling:

Yamamoto. Look what happened to him.

Doc.

That was a strange game last night. I can't point to anything the Steelers did poorly yet they barely beat the Browns who played very poorly, mis-managed the clock, had terrible play calling, etc.

Oh well.......it's a win :thumbs:

I watched the game at a fund raising event for Willie Williams charity. It was held at the BrewErie in town. Willie and Craig Bingham were there along with about 250 Steeler and 3 Brown's fans. It was fun, at least for us.

While I respect the Steelers, I'll never be a fan because of the painful memories of a Cowboys fan and the 1970's Super Bowls. At any rate, have become a lifelong Hines Ward fan over the years. The way this guy plays football is the way the game ought to be played. He doesn't take plays off, if a pass doesn't come his way he is looking to put someone on the other team on their a$$. He lit up Ed Reed Monday night on what should be not only the Hit of the Year, but the text by which all downfield blocking is taught. I must've watched that replay a dozen times in slow motion and was laughing so much my wife wondered what the hell I was doing. She couldn't understand the joy I got out of that I couldn't explain it other than that is how football is played correctly.

Well Big Ben and the boys looked good last night....especially that last drive. If they only could find a Linebacker that was even worthy of smelling Lambert's jockstrap I would be a happy man.

and yes...A Steeler fan from NY....we are all over..

Dallas America's team...PUKE

Well Big Ben and the boys looked good last night....especially that last drive. If they only could find a Linebacker that was even worthy of smelling Lambert's jockstrap I would be a happy man.

and yes...A Steeler fan from NY....we are all over..

Dallas America's team...PUKE

And another NYC one here as well.... :D

What is wrong with the Steelers?

Ben and the offense are really struggling! I know Ben is hurt but I don't see evidenced of it in his throws? Is it the Bruce Arians predictable offensive game planning? Is it the lack of a power back?

Whatever it is it's messing up my weekends!

IMO it's a combination of several things. Ben has a mindset that he can make every play. This can be a good trait and has made him the overall winner that he is, but the 'O' line often can't keep the defenders off for the extra time he holds on to the ball trying to make something happen. Sometimes he hears footsteps and makes ill advised throws like Sunday. Moore has been a pleasant surprise at running back, but the goal line stand gave evidence that we don't have the power back. The 'O' line is a patchworked patchwork that at times reminds me of the late '80's teams.

Sunday's game, just like the Giants game, could have gone either way. I would rather the team has issues now and then jells in the play-offs. There's no clear-cut powerhouse team this year, despite what the media says. The Giants are probably the closest, but even they are beatable. Kudos to the Titans for a perfect season so far, but their running game was stuffed by Da Bears and I don't see them going undefeated.

We can point to the injury bug, but so can every other team. The Steelers will be okay. How many teams can lose both their first and second string running backs and still be able to run the ball? I would feel a bit better if Charlie was healthy, but Byron is a good back-up for Ben. Nate Washington impressed me the week he filled in for Santonio. Our 'D' is a typical Dom Capers squad, meaning it's relentless and a cause for ulcers in opposing Offensive Coordinators.

Wow!

Our offensive coordinator is too predictable!

Did you ever see a ref so confused as at the end of the game.......he didn't have a clue what to call!

GO STEELERS

Wow!

Our offensive coordinator is too predictable!

Did you ever see a ref so confused as at the end of the game.......he didn't have a clue what to call!

GO STEELERS

At least we have the first 11-10 win game in the history of the NFL. :laugh:

Ok this contest goes on another week. Those who pick Jax. Thanks for entering better luck next time. The rest of you, you guys live to win another week. :thumbs:

David

edit... whopps wrong thread.

It's a shame we might just be wasting one of the better defenses in a long time. If Bruce Arians doesn't find some creativity in our offense we will make the playoffs and be one and done,

I'll tell ya, that was a freaking war of a game. It looked like playoff football to me with every yard being contested and fought for. I'm guessing the urgency of the Chargers to salvage their season and the Steelers matching that intensity was the reason, but for a low scoring game, I really enjoyed watching it. Could the bitterness of watching the Steelers win two SBs over my Cowboys as a child be diminishing enough for me to become a Steelers fan? Stay tuned....

I'll tell ya, that was a freaking war of a game. It looked like playoff football to me with every yard being contested and fought for. I'm guessing the urgency of the Chargers to salvage their season and the Steelers matching that intensity was the reason, but for a low scoring game, I really enjoyed watching it. Could the bitterness of watching the Steelers win two SBs over my Cowboys as a child be diminishing enough for me to become a Steelers fan? Stay tuned....

And another wayward waif begins to see the light... :thumbs: