• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Pittsburgh Steelers

I'll tell ya, that was a freaking war of a game. It looked like playoff football to me with every yard being contested and fought for. I'm guessing the urgency of the Chargers to salvage their season and the Steelers matching that intensity was the reason, but for a low scoring game, I really enjoyed watching it. Could the bitterness of watching the Steelers win two SBs over my Cowboys as a child be diminishing enough for me to become a Steelers fan? Stay tuned....

Maybe this will help:

While the Steelers and Cowboys are tied for the most SB wins in history, there are some differences between the organizations.
1. The Steelers are competitive virtually every year and have been since the merger.
2. While the Steelers, like every team in the NFL, has some idiots and thugs, the organizational structure keeps that to a minimum which can't be said for the Cowboys.
3. The Steelers uniforms are better
4. Anybody with an open mind and a love of football knows that Steeler football is synonymous with some pretty cool things: Physical football, incredible defenses, great running game (until Arians took over at OC), tough linebackers, fans who understand the game, on and on!
5. The Steelers could be the best sports franchise in the world!......They owned the basement for decades and then got their shit together and have become the best of the NFL while existing in a small market, not over-paying primadonna athletes, and maintaining a standard for other franchises to follow.

Is that enough Clint?

You forgot to add SteelerNation. One of, if not the, most fanatical and devoted fan bases in professional sports.

I'll give you everything except the uniforms. Just my biased opinion. :D

As an organization, I don't think you'll find a better one. Letting prima donnas move on like you pointed out is a great idea. Just plug in another athletic, coachable player in his spot and let them play. Outside of Denver's O-line coaching, I don't think the NFL has a better group of positional coaches. Oh and you forgot the most important aspect: Mr. Rooney was an avid cigar smoker. ;) :)

I'll give you everything except the uniforms. Just my biased opinion. :D

As an organization, I don't think you'll find a better one. Letting prima donnas move on like you pointed out is a great idea. Just plug in another athletic, coachable player in his spot and let them play. Outside of Denver's O-line coaching, I don't think the NFL has a better group of positional coaches. Oh and you forgot the most important aspect: Mr. Rooney was an avid cigar smoker. ;) :)

Ahhhhh, it does this old man's heart good to know another Steeler fan has been brought in to the fold :thumbs:

I think we should have a virtual HERF to celebrate!