• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Plastic Odor Topic is Brought up Again

viper139 said:
Just FYI Bill Clinton. I have finally found a good replacement for the end caps I use now. Thye have no odor to them at all, at least that I can smell. I will send out a set to you as soon as they arrive.
[snapback]266768[/snapback]​

Thank you very much. I will be looking forward to receiving them from you.

Bill Clinton said:
viper139 said:
Just FYI Bill Clinton. I have finally found a good replacement for the end caps I use now. Thye have no odor to them at all, at least that I can smell. I will send out a set to you as soon as they arrive.

[snapback]266814[/snapback]​

What's the replacement for the endcaps? Will you be selling these on your website now or will you stick to the original endcaps?

Zeebra said:
Bill Clinton said:
viper139 said:

[snapback]266814[/snapback]​

What's the replacement for the endcaps? Will you be selling these on your website now or will you stick to the original endcaps?
[snapback]266849[/snapback]​

I will most likely switch to the new cap. It is a plastic cap as opposed to a vinyl cap. The vinyl is the source of the odor that has been talked about.

The Master said:
I would get rid of anything that had that kind of plastic odor.I would also not be using 70 percent beads, I would use 65 at the highest and if you can get 63 that would be better.
[snapback]266755[/snapback]​

I was curious why you like the 63% and 65% beads better than the 70% beads? I can tell you that the reason why I like the 70% beads is becuase the 70% ones might not really make the humidity inside the humidor that I am having problems with go up to 70% if my humidor is screwed up. And if this is the case, then the 70% beads might cause the humidity to at least go up to 65% which is still good. But the 65% or the 63% beads might not have the power to even give me 63% and 65% if placed inside the same humidor. I would rather have a little more overkill with the humidity level if I am ever going to need it. And the 70% beads can give me that overkill.

Also, I never knew that there was any such thing as 63% beads. Do 63% humidification beads exist? I am aware of only the 65% beads.