• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The real Jon Caputo and Daniel Lopez

I do, you're right, because the membership allows this to happen. Big yeasty is not operating in a vacuum, members like you validate him by being there. I'm a CPer and have been far longer than the other board. Deal with it.

NA

Maybe some of us can go there and communicate with friends about cigars and ignore the other drama.

If you like your neighbours and the community you live in, are you going to move if you don't like the 'Mayor'? If I don't does that make me a bad person?

Let me clarify the CL part. I am a member over there and saw a transaction that was hinkey. I PMed said Mr. Lopez about the individual and the set of transactions. Post were deleted, I was made to look like I was the trouble maker, then after I posted the PM information where I tried to inform Mr. Lopez he fessed up that I was in fact trying to protect the membership and that he had dropped the ball on this.

I don't have use for a person that would let strangers take advantage of it's family members! We are family members in the large sense are we not? So if you still believe that Mr. Lopez is on the up and up and want to defend him and his questionable tactics go ahead! Now you know facts, know you are informed and I hope others see him for a less than reputable individual.

Rod as I have stated before you my friend are an honorable man and I respect you and my second home Cigar Pass.

I do, you're right, because the membership allows this to happen. Big yeasty is not operating in a vacuum, members like you validate him by being there. I'm a CPer and have been far longer than the other board. Deal with it.

NA

Maybe some of us can go there and communicate with friends about cigars and ignore the other drama.

If you like your neighbours and the community you live in, are you going to move if you don't like the 'Mayor'? If I don't does that make me a bad person?

Who are you?

....and out come all the members with membership dates of '04, '05, '06, with a total of 10-25 posts acting like they have a say in what's going on HERE.

NA

Your analogy is a bit contrived. The answer of course is that I would not move because of the mayor. We're talking about going to another forum, one click a few taps, voila. None of the problems associated with changing homes, towns, mayors, schools....
You are a member of a forum run by a guy who does not have your best interests at heart, who lies to you (if not in fact then by omission), who allows predators to ripoff your membership, and who, rather than do the right thing, will ban, delete, change and obscure any dissenter or dissent. Yes, I would not use that forum. Case in point, I've been a member at Cigarweekly since December of 2001. My post count, last time I checked, is ZERO. A big fat goose egg. Why? Because they have many of the same wrongheaded rules as CL and I will not participate on a board that has arbitrary and punitive rules. Rules that censor me before the fact. Finally, to answer your question, yes you are a bad guy because you stay there. You validate the owner who is a detriment to his own membership.

NA

I don't know if he is bad but certainly naive to the point I wouldn't have him run with scissors.

Finally, to answer your question, yes you are a bad guy because you stay there. You validate the owner who is a detriment to his own membership.

NA

I have some of jon caputos asshattery saved on my computer.

....and out come all the members with membership dates of '04, '05, '06, with a total of 10-25 posts acting like they have a say in what's going on HERE.
Ask around a little

I agree, you shouldn't have to defend for yourself for doing nothing wrong.

Not all of us are gifted with the ability to immediately read minds and see through all of the layers people wear. I just moved to Houston and I have also met Daniel. I have been in the same place a few times and I happened to be smoking a cigar. I guess that makes me a man of questionable character as well as it was my fault I wanted a cigar and happened to go to one of the few public places left in America where I could smoke. I can say that through casual social encounters, it is VERY difficult to read someones character, unless you have been gifted with the a fore mentioned abilities. How many examples can we find of people possessing a very different personality online than in the real world? This is in no way intended to support or defend Daniel, but to give Turk a hard time for knowing him is pure, un-adulterated bullsh!t. Seriously, he has been nothing but supportive of Rod and the site.

I love this community and have learned a ton, I would hate to find myself persona non grata simply because I moved to a new city and happened to meet the "wrong" person. I know nothing about CL and have no intention being active there. Turk, I'll herf with you anytime.

Billy T. Page

again, I don't know anything about any other stuff he's been pulling until this statement against Rod. I don't know anything about any other problems that anyone else has with them. I've posted probably 3 posts on cigarlive in the better part of a year, so I don't hang out there nor am I involved in any conversations with problems between boards. I don't know who Big Yeasty is?

I have smoked with him on several occasions, considering he's local and hangs out in a group that I used to frequent that actually stemmed from CigarLive. CigarLive had a large contingent of Houston smokers which why was I was drawn there in the first place. I liked Daniel well enough from what I know of him. But to accuse me of knowing about stuff that Daniel is pulling, I have had no knowledge of it or reason of disliking Daniel. I don't approve of his name calling and shit, and I don't approve of the way he's acted recently, but its his business what he does. I posted on CigarLive that I disagreed with him and mentioned that he should probably wash his hands of it to keep from being drug into all the mess that's going to happen.

I guess I don't understand how I'm being associated with those actions, when I've done nothing, not even defend Daniel in any way. I know the guy. I've smoked with him occasionally. I haven't smoked with him in months.

As I stated. I knew a murder very well. I never knew he was a murderer. Hell, I liked the guy. Then one day I found out that he was a murderer. I can tell you that I'll never hang out with him again.

I'm going to shut up now, as I don't think its right for me to have to defend myself for something I've never done.

The cigar business has some real dickheads involved in selling cigars, thanks for taking the highroad in all this Rod. There's no reason to get your hands dirty. My two cents!

And I thought that I could only direct my cigar anger at Drew Estates. Jon Caputo now ranks higher on my hit list.

I'm proud to say "I'd cheat on my wife before CP". Thank you Rod and everyone else who makes this site what it is.

So say a guy wants to buy Rod out.
Some believe he is going to go to a $ub$cription Ba$ed membership.
A lot of ca$h potential. All those advertisers, etc.

Oh wait. There is CigarPass. It's a free membership. Thousands of members. Free membership
Thousands of hits a day.....lurkers read for free. Advertising available. Free membership sees a lot of ads. Memebers and Lurkers don't pay a dime to see these ads.

Now that can't be good for any competition that charges. I would think that advertisers could negotiate less expensive rates due to the fact that thousands of members and lurkers can see these ads for FREE at cigar pass.

hmmm

So say a guy wants to buy Rod out.
Some believe he is going to go to a $ub$cription Ba$ed membership.
A lot of ca$h potential. All those advertisers, etc.

Oh wait. There is CigarPass. It's a free membership. Thousands of members. Free membership
Thousands of hits a day.....lurkers read for free. Advertising available. Free membership sees a lot of ads. Memebers and Lurkers don't pay a dime to see these ads.

Now that can't be good for any competition that charges. I would think that advertisers could negotiate less expensive rates due to the fact that thousands of members and lurkers can see these ads for FREE at cigar pass.

hmmm
Not to mention this site is already better than the others even without paying......