• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The "Shades of Gray" Pass

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
OK, so I think I want to play too. If it flops, I won’t be too worried about it. I thought it would be worth a shot.

I think I have a good idea for a pass. I’ve read a LOT of older posts, but haven’t read them all to know if this theme has been tried.

I’d like to propose what we can call “The Shades of Gray” pass. Because a majority of us prefers maduros, I think this could make for an interesting litte project.

To play on the pass rule that a “put” must be of equal or greater quality/value than the “take," my stipulation is that it must also be as dark or darker; increased “madurosity” :p

I would think that holding a maximum two trades to the rule would be sufficient (i.e. a brother sees three maddies he likes, but only has two darker and a Monte #2 to put, that would be acceptable; even applauded ;))

I have arranged a potential roster in order of least to most maduro/oscuro. I want to include a fairly wide spectrum of value and a few gimme’s in terms of shade (see below). I'll research the exact sizes if this idea piques some interest.

The true gimmie: Don Tomas Candela (you should get some sort of prize if you can “beat” this with a less maduro :)
Mac Hyde Park Café 5.5x54
CAO Annie Cameroon
Graycliff Professionale Blue Label
H. Upmann Annie No. 3 6x50
Monte Serie VI Bellicoso 6x52
Partagas Naturales 5.5x50
Fuente Hemi Signature 6x47
Perdomo Reserve Cabinet
Mac Hyde Park Robusto 5.5x54
Felipe Gregorio Centenario 2001
Onyx Vintage ’97 Ecepcionale 6x42
Punch Elite Maduro Maduro
Tarano Exodus 1959
Astral TVS
La Perla Black Pearl Grand Robusto (see my review :love: )
CAO Anni Maduro
Perdomo 2 Yellow Pyramid ?
Partagas Black Magnifico 6x54
Mac Hyde Park Maduro 5.5x54

Let me know what you guys think,

Cheers,
Dixie

Thinkin', Thinkin'..... (A lot of smoke in the room while I'm thinkin'). :0 ;) :lookup: :sneaky:
Still thinkin'. I'll get back to you after work this evening so i had some time to think about it.... :D :thumbs: :p

I'll play if I can be last (or near last) in the rotation. Baby is comiing soon and I don't want to have it the pass held up.

SD_Stack said:
I'll play if I can be last (or near last) in the rotation. Baby is comiing soon and I don't want to have it the pass held up.
Absolutely SD!

I was thinking that I would ship it across counrty first. It'll have to hapen at least once and it might as well be at my expence. You'd by default get it last this way :thumbs:

So, as usual, SD is the first to sign up for a pass. We have one. Anyone else want to play?

Cheers,
Dixie

I'd be interested in participating, if you'll let a newb have a crack at his first pass. I've read the rules and guidelines, seems to make sense.

When would it begin?

I love your idea Dixie but I have to say I'm a bit intimidated :0 However I've decided to get over myself and just do it :p I've got a few maddies hiding in my humi somewhere and should be able to find them by the time the pass gets to me. In short, I'd love to join your pass if you'll have me :D

I'd be interested in participating, if you'll let a newb have a crack at his first pass. I've read the rules and guidelines, seems to make sense.

Sure, Caffeine. :thumbs: Would you mind putting your address in your profile? It'll be one fewer thing to worry about later.

When would it begin?

I'm loking for 8 participants in addition to me. If we can get enough interest...Tuesday, September 2.

In short, I'd love to join your pass if you'll have me :D

Craig, my friend, you're always invited! :)

I'd be happy to add my address into my profile, but I do not see a listing that specifically asks for mailing address. Where is this info. typically included?

CM -Folks usually put it under "Location" in your profile or you can put it "Interests" which gives you more space.

I'd love to be included in this one as I am a BIG maduro fan. My info is in my profile.

PM sent

coventrycat86 said:
I'd love to be included in this one as I am a BIG maduro fan. My info is in my profile.

PM sent
Sure. That's three and a half of the eight.

I didn't get a PM ???

To send this back to the top:

Our current cast in delivery order is:

lucasbuck
CaffeineMe
coventrycat86
SD_Stack
Dixieland_Conjunction

I'd like 4 more players. (<ahem> Joe.M. and <cough> wk-mang<hack, cough>)

Also, this will not go out until Sept. 2 (Sept. 1 is a holiday, duh :p )

i would like to get in on this.
i haven't passed in a while, but i have passed

addy is in profile

Come on guys! Someone jump in from the west coast so I don't have to go first. I can't take the pressure!!! :p :0 :p

Well, I guess it's obvious that this won't be going out Tuesday :(

Like Craig said, c'mon.

Puh'leeze :sign:

Cheers,
Dixie