• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The "Shades of Gray" Pass

GOT IT today. Since I'm going to a HUGE car show this weekend (click HERE to see what coventrycat86 is doing this weekend) I'll be sure to turn this around today which means hopefully it will get to SD on Saturday when the flood waters will be receding.

Be back shortly..................

Okay here goes:

PUTS:
45 - Consuegra robusto maduro
46 - Consuegra #108 maduro
47 - Perdomo #2 torpedo maduro
48 - Onyx Reserve robusto maduro
49 - Old Powder Keg churchill maduro
50 - Indian Tabac torpedo maduro

Host bag:
Ras Tafari corona gorda maduro
Sinatra torpedo maduro.

Takes:
1 - Don Thomas candela (NOT a maduro)
7 - H. Upmann Annie

Pile the sand bags around your mailbox SD 'cause it will be there Saturday. I'll post DC when I get back from the post office.

Okay here's my solicitation for everyone to wish me luck at the car show:
"Wish me luck at the British Invasion."

Nice job there CC, but I've never heard of a cigar called the "Old powder keg churchill maduro". Who is the main company that rolls em'?

AH, I'm GLAD you asked stogieman. They are made right here in Connecticut at this place, rolled by an old-time cigar roller from Cuba. They are a medium priced (about $5.00 to $6.00) cigar and I think they taste GREAT. The churchill and the lonsdale are my favorite sizes.

I kinda feel funny putting the connies but even though they are "inexpensive" (okay cheap, there I said it) I still think they are a great maduro smoke and I always make sure I have some on hand.

the DC is 0301 0120 0001 0524 7521

SD, go to your local sand and gravel man, get some burlap bags from the grain store and start filling sand bags to go pile around the Waxhaw post office.

coventrycat86 said:
Okay here goes:

PUTS:
45 - Consuegra robusto maduro
46 - Consuegra #108 maduro
47 - Perdomo #2 torpedo maduro
48 - Onyx Reserve robusto maduro
49 - Old Powder Keg churchill maduro
50 - Indian Tabac torpedo maduro

Host bag:
Ras Tafari corona gorda maduro
Sinatra torpedo maduro.

Takes:
1 - Don Thomas candela (NOT a maduro)
7 - H. Upmann Annie

Pile the sand bags around your mailbox SD 'cause it will be there Saturday. I'll post DC when I get back from the post office.

Okay here's my solicitation for everyone to wish me luck at the car show:
"Wish me luck at the British Invasion."
Very nice CC :thumbs:

I had forgotten how much I'd been wanting to try a Sinatra until I saw it in the host bag. ...and as I'm sure you can imagine, you have put a few others that have piqued my intrest ;)

Thank you very much for playing :)

Cheers,
Dixie

Nice job CC! The Sinatra is a pretty good smoke although the one I smoked had some draw problems. Great flavor though.

Box is here.

I had no idea it was coming. ???

Surprise Surprise Surprise!

Dixie? Wanna meet up again for a smoke and I will hand you your first pass? :D

SD_Stack said:
Box is here.

I had no idea it was coming. ???

Surprise Surprise Surprise!

Dixie? Wanna meet up again for a smoke and I will hand you your first pass? :D
Absolutely :thumbs:

Give me a call.

Cheers,
Dixie

Was this pass closed while CP was down? Someone please PM me with the current status of this pass.

Dave :)

Just as a point of information that, perhaps, some new to cigar smoking may not know...the "maduro-ness" of a tobacco has absolutely no relation to how dark the tobacco is. While most manufacturers vehemently deny the process, it's common in the industry to process (ferment) a portion of the leaves to create a natural dye that will be used as a maduro colorant. Rolando Reyes Sr. of Puros Indios, Cuba Aliados fame has refused to use any type of colorant and as a result his "doble maduro" while smoking and tasting as an oscuro should, is visually a deep rosado. Often you'll see Brazilian Mata Fina wrappers that are damn near black. Only a small portion of the color is the result of the natural fermentation process. It is often that "El Pinter" is at work.

Occasionally I'll hear someone say that they enjoy the sweetness to the tongue of the maduro wrapper. Usually what they are tasting is the bethune which has been used as a sweetener, adherrent.

The long and short is.....Don't judge a cigar by its color. The most maduro of cigars is not necessarily the darkest. Think Fidalgo Negro!! Dyed black, and it rubs off.