• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Spring Break Road Trip Pass

I just got the pass in the mail and went through the sticks, and there is some significant wrapper damage that #75 Camacho 10th Anniversary 6x60 must have incurred during shipping. I'll hopefully get this back on the road before the PO closes.

Here are my final numbered puts and takes. The beads look fine, and I added some padding to replace some popped fill air packets. It's packed back up well and on the road!

DC# 0307 1790 0000 4846 3167

T: 31. Ashton VSG Corona Gordo / P: 79. Padron 1964 Principe Maduro
T: 35. Arturo Fuente 858 (01) / P: 80. Gurkha X-Fuerte XO 6x60
T: 72. LFD Double Ligero Lancero / P: 81. Montecristo Serie V Mini Belicoso
T: 73. CAO Italia Gondola / P: 82. DPG Blue Label Generoso
T: 74. Opus X Petit Lancero / P: 83. Anejo No. 49

Thanks for inviting me to participate!

really? how bad was the damage? Pics? It was in fine shape when it left here and I thought id packaged it pretty tightly.

if there really is significant damage id be happy to replace it.

-Pat

really? how bad was the damage? Pics? It was in fine shape when it left here and I thought id packaged it pretty tightly.

if there really is significant damage id be happy to replace it.

-Pat

I'm not doubting that it was fine when it left you. I didn't get a chance to take any pictures, and the pass is already on its way, but there are a few large cracks in the bottom half of the wrapper. They may have been started by a too tightly wrapped foot band biting into the stick, and each bump during shipping may have made them worse.

Here are my final numbered puts and takes. The beads look fine, and I added some padding to replace some popped fill air packets. It's packed back up well and on the road!

DC# 0307 1790 0000 4846 3167

T: 31. Ashton VSG Corona Gordo / P: 79. Padron 1964 Principe Maduro
T: 35. Arturo Fuente 858 (01) / P: 80. Gurkha X-Fuerte XO 6x60
T: 72. LFD Double Ligero Lancero / P: 81. Montecristo Serie V Mini Belicoso
T: 73. CAO Italia Gondola / P: 82. DPG Blue Label Generoso

Thanks for inviting me to participate!

I was eyeing that Opus dam you

Is this alright being that the culebras is techanaly 3 cigars I paid 180 for a bundel of 8

Partagas 160 Robusto Major for 1 Johnny-O!Gold Medal Culebras

Just asking for a opinion

I asked Five to post this because I wasn't sure if this is considered ok. I would lean towards yes, however I wanted to see what everyone else thought, so please share your opinions.

I was eyeing that Opus dam you

Haha, I was excited to see that Pat didn't snap it up, so how could I pass it up as well? :whistling:

Is this alright being that the culebras is techanaly 3 cigars I paid 180 for a bundel of 8

I have seen culebras as puts and takes and they always seem to count as one cigar. I believe that you'd be good on one for one and value for value, but I thought we decided against the inclusion of CCs in this pass. Then again, I'm not sure that Johnny-Os are counterfeited all that much. :rolleyes:

So you want to pass an ISOM for a NC ???

Brian

So you want to pass an ISOM for a NC ???

Brian
I want to cross off a cigar on my to try list. I realy did not know That johnny-O were cuban or not (they are good )

Edit: the pass came in today I got a good idea for puts takes will take a look

proposed puts and takes

Take #2 Padron 1964 Anneiversary Principe Put #84 Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Maduro Sublime

Take # 26 Olivia Serie G Special G Put #85 Mayorga torp. M

Take #78 la aura barrel aged church Put#86 Illusione 88

Take #79 Padron 1964 Anneiversary Principe Put#87 Graycliff double espresso

proposed puts and takes
Take #2 Padron 1964 Anneiversary Principe Put #84 Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Maduro Sublime

According to the comparison shopper database box prices, the Oliva is a $4+ stick, while the Mayorga is less than $3. However, the same database shows that one can get 5 packs of the Oliva for $2.50/stick, which is significantly less per cigar than the box price. This indicates to me that the P/T is a good one. The others look dead on.

What does everybody else think?

I think they look good. That Special G is one of my go-to's BTW...

Derek

proposed puts and takes

These look good to me as well. I too was unaware Johnny-O's are Cubans. I have been for the past week and will continue to be until saturday in New Orleans working with Habitat for Humanity but I am trying to get on here and stay up with the pass as much as possible. So far everything looks to be going great.

Whatever happened with the contest? I forgot all about a second entry...not that I'm looking for more studying to do this summer.

Derek

I'll have the contest winner and everything updated when I get back Saturday :thumbs:

I guess i missed the mailman today, i swear sometimes they are just too lazy to come and knock on my door. So im going to pick it up on monday.

Proposed p/t's
Take #32 Ashton Vsg Beli / Put #88 Anejo #77 Shark
Take #42 Arturo Fuente Untold Story/ Put #89 Opus X Robusto
Take #86 Illusione 88/ Put #90 San Cristobal Fabuloso

Let me know how these look for everyone. And I should be able to get this back on the road wednesday.

PS. Found out some great news today, I get to go on a second fishing trip of a lifetime- I'm going back to the Amazon to fish for peacock bass. :cool: