• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Surprise Pass

For Doc's contest...
Thanks Jonesy! :whistling:

1/ Solomon Brown was the first Revolutionary soldier to kill a British soldier. It was at the battle of Lexington. Where was he from? New Haven

2/ What state’s constitution was the first to outlaw slavery? VERMONT

3/ Where was the first steel carpenters square made? SHAFTSBURY VERMONT

4/ What state’s constitution first provided for a public school education? VERMONT

5/ In what state was the first canal built? BELLOWS FALLS VERMONT

6/ In what state was the first school. for higher education for women established ? VERMONT (MIDDLEBURY FEMALE SEMINARY)

7/Where is the first private military college located? NORTHFIELD VERMONT

8/ Where was nitrous oxide first used to extract teeth? WHITE RIVER JUNCTION VERMONT

9/ Where was the first pulp paper mill established? BELLOWS FALLS VERMONT

10/ Who is William Snowflake Bentley, where is he from and what is his claim to fame? JERICHO VERMONT..WROTE THE ENTRY FOR SNOW IN THE 14TH EDITION OF ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITTANICA. KNOWN ALSO FOR HIS SNOWFLAKE PHOTOGRAPHY

11/ Where was the first gas tax implemented to pay for the maintenance of roads? VERMONT 1923

12/ Where was the first experimental laser eye surgery performed? UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT

13/ Who was the first American to win an Olympic medal in Nordic skiing and where was he from? ANDREA MEAD FROM RUTLAND VERMONT

14/Where was the first college for dyslexic students established? PUTNEY VERMONT

15/ What state was the first to outlaw billboards? VERMONT 3/23/68

16/ Who was the first person to cross the country by car. What was his occupation and where was he from? DR. HORATIO NELSON JACKSON...DOCTOR FROM BURLINGTON

17? In what state was the first absentee ballot law established? VERMONT 1896

18? In what state was the first state symphony established. VERMONT 1935

19/Where is Mills De Forrest Andross from and where did he die. BRADFORD VERMONT...DIED AT THE ALAMO

20/ What state boasts the largest white tail deer population? VERMONT

21/ Which was the first state to have been a republic prior to being admitted to the Union? VERMONT 1777-1791

-Rob

Nice try Rob, but you didn't read the rules. Contest participants aren't eligible and besides your score is less than perfect.

Doc.

OK Doc,

My guess:

1/ Solomon Brown was the first Revolutionary soldier to kill a British soldier. It was at the battle of Lexington. Where was he from? New Haven, Vermont

2/ What state’s constitution was the first to outlaw slavery? VERMONT

3/ Where was the first steel carpenters square made? SHAFTSBURY, VERMONT

4/ What state’s constitution first provided for a public school education? VERMONT

5/ In what state was the first canal built? BELLOWS FALLS, VERMONT

6/ In what state was the first school. for higher education for women established ? VERMONT (MIDDLEBURY FEMALE SEMINARY)

7/Where is the first private military college located? NORTHFIELD, VERMONT

8/ Where was nitrous oxide first used to extract teeth? WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, VERMONT

9/ Where was the first pulp paper mill established? BELLOWS FALLS, VERMONT

10/ Who is William Snowflake Bentley, where is he from and what is his claim to fame? JERICHO VERMONT..WROTE THE ENTRY FOR SNOW IN THE 14TH EDITION OF ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITTANICA. KNOWN ALSO FOR HIS SNOWFLAKE PHOTOGRAPHY from Jericho, Vermont

11/ Where was the first gas tax implemented to pay for the maintenance of roads? VERMONT 1923

12/ Where was the first experimental laser eye surgery performed? UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT located in Burlinton, Vermont

13/ Who was the first American to win an Olympic medal in Nordic skiing and where was he from? ANDREA MEAD FROM RUTLAND, VERMONT

14/Where was the first college for dyslexic students established? PUTNEY, VERMONT

15/ What state was the first to outlaw billboards? VERMONT 3/23/68

16/ Who was the first person to cross the country by car. What was his occupation and where was he from? DR. HORATIO NELSON JACKSON...DOCTOR FROM BURLINGTON, Vermont

17? In what state was the first absentee ballot law established? VERMONT 1896

18? In what state was the first state symphony established. VERMONT 1935

19/Where is Mills De Forrest Andross from and where did he die. BRADFORD VERMONT...DIED AT THE ALAMO

20/ What state boasts the largest white tail deer population? TEXAS

21/ Which was the first state to have been a republic prior to being admitted to the Union? VERMONT 1777-1791

You guys are killing me. No perfect scores yet. Hint. Read the questions carefully.

Doc.

Are ready to amend the rules and authorize a second attempt?

Just mark the AVO as damaged and continue on.

I'll have to check with Tone-ny to see about the Opus, maybe he took it and forgot to list it. If it isn't to be found and you want to use your 2005 for a surprise put that's OK with me. I do have one 2004 left if someone really wants it.

Alright,
Been through the pass.
There are two issues.
#4 Avo LE5 has substantial foot damage.
Easily fixed as I will replace it with an undamaged one.
#29 Opus Forbidden X 2004 is nowhere to be found.
I would fix this too but my Forbiddens are from 2005 and they have some slight foot damage.
Ray, let me know how you want me to proceed.

I am working out my T/Ps now.

-Rob

That is my fault did a quick count on the inventory. I did not reconcile it with the list of cigars. Let me know what you want done and I'll add something.

Just cross #29 off the inventory and continue on. One stick isn't going to make or break the pass.

I'm going to end this contest Monday morning and announce the winner. I think everyone who was interested has had the opportunity to participate and I probably won't receive the pass for 7 to 10 days. There's no sense in prolonging it.

Doc.

Alright after a nice big breakfast I have my proposed T/Ps...

7. Cuesta Ray Stanford's Cameroon Reserve for 62. Avo Le05 re-release
33. Padilla 1932 Torpedo for 63. Cohiba MAduro 5 Secretos
42. Tatuaje HAbano 6 Aristas for 64. Don Carlos #4
58. Trinidad Ingenios 2007 EL for 65. Forbidden X 2005 from the Journey Box Set (no tubo)
46. Surprise for 66. AF Hemingway MAduro MAsterpiece 67. Hammengway MAduro Classic and 68. Romeo y Julieta Churchill from 06.

Thanks Ray.
Nice surprise!

Bill are you ready?
I shot you an e-mail.
PM me!
-Rob

very nice p/t there Rob.

The mystery of the surprise is almost killing me here... can't wait to see what it is.

Really REALLY nice P & T rob :)

If I heard from Bill I would send this out tomorrow.

:whistling:

-Rob

The winner of the States Firsts Contest is jlada. Who's only error was one of omission, leaving out the town Shaftsbury in question 3

The question that seemed to confuse most of you was #13 "Who was the first American to win an Olympic medal in Nordic skiing and where was he from? Andrea Meade did indeed win an Olympic Gold in 1952. BUT, she's not a he and won her medal in an Alpine event. Fuggin' flatlanders. :laugh:

All the answers can be found HERE Except for the deer question which I found on a Texas firsts sight. They do indeed boast it, but I think they're full of it, because in all the hunting articles I've ever read, that distinction has always been attributed to Pa.

If the winner will kindly send me his addy, we'll get 'er done.

Doc.

Don't be so hard on them Doc, hell maybe they thought that was the surprise of your contest(she might be a he, being from Vermont and all...)!