• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Technology Train Passed Me By...

</p>
Get an iPhone... it's the best selling smart phone in Japan for a reason.</p>
Because Japan is behind in technology :p

I'm a big fan of my HTC Thunderbolt smart phone. I would recommend it to anyone. It has 4g and 3g capabilities which makes it faster. Considering VA is on the east cost I would assume they have 4g coverage in that area maybe someone can correct me. Being a college student myself I found it nice with being able to get my emails and such on the go. It helps when I don't have a computer sitting in front of me.

You made mention about a house phone. Let me honestly say my parents still have one but I have no idea why. To me anymore they are just a waste of money. I live without one and live perfectly fine without it. I use my cell phone for every call I have to make.

Netflix is the way to go anymore. Honestly we have comcast tv with something like 400+ channels and I think I watch like 5 of them so I could do with basic cable. I stream live most of my stuff with netflix through my PS3. Plus it is really cheap as you know and I don't think it costs anymore for the streaming live feature (someone can correct me on this I don't pay for it my family has a plan we all use).

The iPad though cool isn't really all that needed. However it does have its perks. I have seen college professors use it for their notes so they don't have to look at the screen. I have also heard of a lot of business people using it for when they travel. To me though its not worth the price at least not yet.

When you come home have a safe trip and enjoy. Hope you enjoyed Japan and didn't get hit too hard by the recent disasters they had there.

I'll say I hate phone calls while I am enjoying life, so I may not be the best guy to take advice from. My recommendation though, is to stay free of the "ball and chain" and get a phone, NOT a portable computer! Good luck with your decision!!! ;^)

Floyd,

This is great advice! You and I are similar that way.