• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The things you find at mom's house

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
So I drove 6 hours today to my mom's house to visit and pick up some stuff and I am heading back to Houston tomorrow morning.  As I walked into the house I noticed a fairly nice humidor package.  Knowing that no one else she knows smokes cigars except me I figure it is a present for me.  I go and confirm it with her and she tells me "yea those are the cigars that I told you I got you".  I open the humidor and there is a sealed box of Cohiba Lanceros with the wrapper still in place.   I check again to make sure that I'm not seeing the infamous glass top or anything and I'm like, wow, these things are real. I freak out because they were just sitting there is this unseasoned humidor with no humidity. 

I immediately open the box and squeeze the foot and boom!...still somewhat soft.  So I'm thinking I'm safe..until I see the dreaded beetle hole.  I have never had an encounter with cigar beetles.  I quickly search to the bottom of the box and I see one of the bastards, dead. 

So I have cigars that are probably still manageable...6 hours from home...I threw the box in a Ziploc bag and threw them in the freezer.  The best I can hope for is to kill any remaining ones overnight and continue the process when I get home tomorrow. 

Worst case scenario is that I have a fairly nice humidor now and the thought that my mom at least tried her best.  :)

Your mother is a smuggler? And you just ratted her out. Nice. :laugh:

Doc

Very nice... Can't beat that for anything!!

chiefmd said:
Sshhhh! I don't want to be getting any letters in the mail.
If she does get one, make sure she posts what she bought, the over/short on the value and her source.