• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Ultimate Cigar Book - Pass

To err is human, to smoke, divine.
Hey guys,

I just finished reading The Ultimate Cigar Book (3rd Ed. - 2003) by Richard Hacker. It was a very interesting book that covers the history of cigars, the making of cigars, proper lighting and storage of cigars, drink pairing with cigars, and has an almost complete compendium of cigar brands. Definitely an interesting read for a novice smoker and might hold some interesting information even for seasoned cigar smokers.

I had a hell of a time finding it since it's out of print and I don't believe in spending $40+ dollars on a 350 page book. But now that I've got mine and finished it, I figured I'd share it with someone else who might be interested in reading it.

I'll happily loan the book to any member (3+ months in good standing) who is interested in reading it. I only ask that you take good care of it (don't dog-ear or mark the book) and send it back to me when you're done. Also - it's a quick read... please don't ask for it if it's gonna take you 6 months to get through it (I read it leisurely in 3 weeks while smoking).

Let me know if you're interested.. if more people want to read it, I'll bump this thread and send it out again upon getting it back.

Regards.

Edit: to fix my lysdexia.

generous offer, but it sounds like shipping might be expensive.
I was gonna ship for free - so long as you ship back to me... It's a relatively small book - probably no more than 6 or 7 dollars to ship.

I found my copy on www.alibris.com. sorry no hyperlink someone teach me!!!

That's where I buy all my books, great cheap books new or used and reasonable shipping. The only drawback is they usually take two weeks to arrive.

Thanks for the link - only difference is, all the ones on that site appear to be the '93 or '96 edition.. this one is the 2003 edition.

You got it - PM me your addy.

We could turn this into the Ultimater Cigar Book Pass...

I would love to read this, if it can be worked out.

Tim

We could turn this into the Ultimater Cigar Book Pass...

I would love to read this, if it can be worked out.

Tim
I'd be happy to oblige. PM me your name/addy if you'd like to get on the list.

When you're done with the book PM me and I'll tell you who to send it to next.

Edit: Tim, I have your address from your profile.

if you wouldn't mind adding me to the list I would greatly appreciate the chance to read it. If you want to keep shipping down on your end, media mail might be an option. If this pass goes through I'll gift you some homemade beer/wine on the return end. Addy is in profile.

EDIT: not 3mo either...just saw that condition in the post below (I forgot about that...I've been a bad newbie)...guess I'll hit you up in a few months to see if this is still an option

I'd like to get in on it...however not 3 months yet. I'd like to think I have a decent standing though.... :blush:

Hey guys,

I'll add both of you to the list.. it may be a month or two til it gets to you anyway :D

Right now it's en route to Cody...

DC 0307 0020 0001 6201 6462

Anyone else want to get in on it.. let me know.

I received the book yesterday, upon opening I was hit hard with explosives. Thanks brother for the great sticks and the generosity of passing around this book.. I can’t wait to sit down and enjoy one of your sticks and read this book!! Thanks again, I feel sorry for the next person in line!!

A B&M near me has this book. I've never made it through the whole book cover to back, but many portions of it are excellent. Highly recommended.

Book is now en route to Tim (MX)

The list is currently
1) cody5thou
2) MX
3) ewanzel
4) Kingantz
5) robbiex0r
6) JetDr

Anyone else want to participate (other than the above) let me know.

Edit: to add people to the list.

Book is now en route to Tim (MX)

The list is currently
1) cody5thou
2) MX
3) ewanzel
4) Kingantz
5) robbiex0r

Edited for...I'm already in it! lol

Matt, I'd love to have a looksy at the book, if you'll have me. :rolleyes: I'll PM you my addy.

Book is in hand

Tried to unrole the "scrolls" those were hard to read......

Thanks Cody

Tim

The list is currently
1) cody5thou
2) MX (current)
3) ewanzel
4) Kingantz
5) robbiex0r
6) JetDr
7) XxMerlinxX