• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Ultimate Cigar Book - Pass

He was last active on the 14th of Jan on his Brew board. I dropped him a PM on that site, hope it may help

Tim

UPDATE:
I have not yet (and do not intend to) give up on this 'pass.' I've dropped a letter off at the PO for Mr. Wanzel. This was the only other method of contact I could possibly think of other than what has been attempted. Hopefully I hear back from him in a timely fashion and get the book back. Then I'll start the pass up again for participants who still wish to receive it.

If we still don't hear back from Mr. Wanzel... I've got one last trick up my sleeve :cool:

Sorry for the folks who haven't got a chance to read this book yet. I want to get this thing rolling again and I have high hopes that we will. :) I'll check in with each of you via PM when I have finally recovered the book and we'll get rolling.

thanks Matt, I tried him as well last month via his myspace page I found. He never read the message. I look forward to reading it.

I'd like to get in on this. Please add my name to the list, thanks.

I have a 1993 copy. (1st Ed. 5th printing)
I would be happy to get this pass going again by inserting my copy into the stream. When the original is recovered I would like mine back, but until then l would be willing to pass it! :)
Just send me an addy for the next soul and I will get it out!
Blessings to all!

I have a 1993 copy. (1st Ed. 5th printing)
I would be happy to get this pass going again by inserting my copy into the stream. When the original is recovered I would like mine back, but until then l would be willing to pass it! :)
Just send me an addy for the next soul and I will get it out!
Blessings to all!
That's very generous of you! :thumbs: Next on the list is Kingantz. I suggest you shoot him a PM and see if he doesn't mind reading the earlier edition of the book.

However, I did just send the letter out... So let's hold 'til next week and see if I hear back. At this point it's been such a long wait that an extra week hardly matters! :(

I'd like to get in on this. Please add my name to the list, thanks.
Certainly.

I PM'd Kingantz with the offer.
Other than that I will hold tight until I hear from someone.
Blessings!

I can not believe that this is still in limbo....I feel responsible for this mess.

I will figure out a way to make right buy you guys

Tim

I can not believe that this is still in limbo....I feel responsible for this mess.

I will figure out a way to make right buy you guys

Tim
Tim,

It was a risk I took by letting non-established members into the group. Trying to do a good thing since I'm a noob too! Anyway, we'll get it sorted out one way or another. I'm sure we've got a Nashville BOTL or two at the ready... :whistling:

Matt

I'm good for whatever is decided! Whenever it's ready, send it on!

I have a revised second edition copy on the way. As soon as I gets here I'll pass it along until we get the original back.

2nd Edition Book went off today to Greg.
DC#0306 1070 0005 1325 8100
Enjoy!
Dave

That's a shame that something as simple as a book can't get passed along without difficulties. Keep this instance in mind if the same guy tries to get in on a pass.

UPDATE
The book has returned home! :thumbs:

I am once again in possession of my Ultimate Cigar Book (3rd Ed.)

I'll be sending out PMs to ensure everyone on the list wishes to remain so (and to ensure the next person is ready to go). Kingantz - you may return the book once you're through with it, thanks for participating.

A big thanks for helping us keep this going, Dave!

The list is currently
1) cody5thou
2) MX
3) ewanzel
4) Kingantz (current - Dave's copy)
5) robbiex0r (next up! - Matt's copy)
6) JetDr
7) XxMerlinxX
8) Atlasm

Anyone else want to participate, let me know.

Man, am I glad that you got it back. Was there any info on how he is doing, and what took so long?

Either way, just good that it is back home.

Tim

I have to say this is one excellent read! Very easy to follow and full of information. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. I highly recommend anyone to read this.

Here's a quote from the end of the first chapter I thought I would share.

"The world we have created - or that has been created for us - is a much more hectic place to live than it ever has been before, filled with stress, problems with our lives, our jobs, the economy, and the environment. We are all looking for a haven, a fortress where we can be free - even momentarily - from the dragons and demons that we must fight daily. The cigar has become that fortress, a sanctified place in time where we can regroup our internal forces. With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world."

"That is the beauty of cigar smoking. That is the legacy we have inherited, and the secret of life that we all hold."

Gotta be a good story behind this one... :)
...Was there any info on how he is doing, and what took so long?...
Sadly, no story beyond what is in this thread. I sent him a letter (with my name, phone # and addy) which I guess he or his wife received. The book came snailing back without any correspondence between or after.

Anyway, glad to have it back and ready to go! The book is set to ship out early tomorrow morning. :thumbs: