• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The very first Marshall amplifier

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
I know there's a few guitar players here that may appreciate this. This was on display at the Hard Rock Cafe in Barcelona. From what the literature said, this is the first time that the amp has ever left the vault in the basement of Jim's old factory since the company took off. It is making a tour of different HRC's in Europe this summer, and I just happened to catch it on the very last day it was scheduled to be in the Barcelona HRC. Pretty cool to think of the history in this amp. These were the best shots I could get, unfortunately, as I couldn't get on either side of the case, and it was situated in a very high-traffic area with people walking in front of me all the time. There were also lots of other people waiting to get pictures.

cdbbdb9e.jpg

aa784fcd.jpg

077933b1.jpg

0e730a97.jpg

Would you believe it was his 19 yo apprentice who actually designed and built this.

Very cool thanks for sharing. I wonder if its coming to the USA?

Paul

Wow, didn't know that about his apprentice. Anyone that went on to their own fame that we'd know of?

Paul, the dates were on the brochures on the table about it, and if it's coming to the States, it's not going to be this year. IIRC, it was booked for about a month at a time at five or six different HRC's around Europe. I do believe that Barcelona was the first stop, too.

Ok, went and looked it up. I was mistaken on how long at each location, and the number of HRC's it is going to. From Marshall's website:

Visiting Barcelona (22.05–29.05), Rome (04.06–13.06), Paris (18.06-25.06) and Berlin (29.06-06.07) before hitting London for the annual Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park taking place July 13th-15th, No. 1 is sure to attract attention from music enthusiasts. It will also make a guest appearance in Hard Rock Cafe London’s music museum ‘The Vault’ from July 16th – August 3rd. It will then travel across the waters to Hard Rock Cafe New York for the month of August.

*EDIT* "The Vault" in London's HRC is pretty cool. It's got some of the higher end stuff that doesn't go into regular circulation or display on the walls. There's quite a few famous instruments and outfits down there that are actual pieces of well-worn and used memorabilia, rather than just stuff signed by an artist for a wall. I know that there was one of Madonna's cone-boob bustiers she wore on tour, along with (I think) one of George Harrison's guitars. I wish I took more pictures down there, but I was mesmerized and sucked in by this:

This is Slash's suit that he wore at Axl's wedding in the "November Rain" video, along with a guitar he played nightly on the UYI world tour in the early 90's. This, right here, was worth the entire trip to London for me. GNR and Slash are the reason I ever picked up a guitar in the first place.

DSC_0949.jpg

Les Paul's personal Les Paul that he played on a regular basis at the Iridium Club

DSC_0957.jpg

One of EC's most famous outfits:

DSC_0959.jpg

My daughter with one of Gene Simmons' basses

DSC_0962.jpg