• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Vets Pass - RESULTS!

High water must be effecting the mail. I sort of expected the Pass to be here today. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Doc.

High water must be effecting the mail. I sort of expected the Pass to be here today. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Doc.

Me too? And the delivery conformation number hasn't updated? Hope it arrives tomorrow.

The Five Most Dangerous Things You'll Ever Hear in the US Navy...

A Seaman saying, "I learned this in Boot Camp..."

A Petty Officer saying, "Trust me, Sir..."

A Lieutenant (JG) saying, "Based on my experience..."

A Lieutenant saying, "I was just thinking..."

A Chief chuckling, "Watch this shit..."

There's always some kind of explosion, from my experience, after, "Watch this shit." Actually the first time I heard a Chief say that was when my Company Commander in boot camp was going to stand up on the crossbar of his bicycle. He fell and broke his ankle. I was the first one to him. He said "Son, get me a Corpsman." It was at that moment I decided to be one.At graduation he asked me what I got classified as. I told him. He looked at me shook head and said "Cannon fodder." and walked away.I never saw him again and I'll never forget that man. SMC Jeter, a red stripper and one salty SOB.

Doc.

I can't stop laughing...also can't remember one good joke to save my life.

iraq-soldier-dance-lady-gaga1.jpg

Man...I just can't stop laughing at that one.

Still no Pass. I am beginning to become concerned. A Priority Mail pkg. from that part of the world has never taken more than 3 days.

Doc.

It should only take business 3 days which will be Monday so I'm not worried yet.

And, keep in mind the new Priority Mail informational posters in post offices now say 3 to 5 business days. Not that the price went down any. :rolleyes:

I've had it take less than two days to New York, and a full four to Houston, and have absolutely no idea WHY. ???

~Boar

It was a very foggy night at sea.
The skipper of a battleship saw the lights of another vessel approaching directly ahead.
He ordered his Signalman to send the following message on flashing light:
“Turn 10 degrees port.”

A flashing message came back through the fog:
“You turn 10 degrees starboard.”

Perturbed, the skipper sent his Signalman back out to send the following message:
“You turn 10 degrees port. I’m a Captain.”

“You turn 10 degrees starboard. I’m a Seaman.”

Now the skipper was really furious. A Seaman will not talk to a Captain that way. He ordered his Signalman back out to send the following message:
“You turn 10 degrees port. I’m a battleship.”

“You turn 10 degrees starboard. I’m a lighthouse.”

Just read some interesting statistics on corpsman.com. The most likely to faint while being given immunizations are in order of frequency, Airmen, Marines, Soldiers and last sailors. Now, this is more of a problem than you might imagine. Folks don't faint like they do in the movies. They hit the ground or furniture around them...Hard. This results in serious facial injuries such and broken noses, cheek bones etc. I suspect this is why we sailors are so pretty.

Doc.

It's in order of how soft the surrounding area is. Airmen - Air. Marines - Mud, Army - Concrete, Sailors - Steel ;)

??? Still no pass. No change in the tracking since 9/28

Doc.

Yeah, now it is getting a bit worrisome. If you have your receipt double check the addy to make sure where it was sent.

Nothing good to report. Talked to my letter carrier today. There's nothing I can do at this end. All inquires should be made at the origin zip code.

Doc.

Good news. Just ran the tracking number one more time:

Label/Receipt Number: 9405 5036 9930 0355 9361 38
Class: Priority Mail[sup]®[/sup]
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation[sup]™[/sup]

Your item was processed through and left our NASHUA, NH 03063 facility on October 05, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, October 05, 2010, 2:44 pm, NASHUA, NH 03063
bullet_circle.gif
Electronic Shipping Info Received, September 28, 2010
And we have some movement??? Good indicator!

A very good thing since I had nothing good to report at this end either. :angry: Called the USPS this morning and spoke with them regarding the lack of the scan form when it was picked up. I have the receipt form from the carrier but the "new gal" did not scan the scan form as required. He said he'd talk with her about it, but there really isn't anything they can do since it wasn't insured.

I hope since its now in NH. Doc will see this tomorrow. ???

If it's in Nashua, I'll get it tomorrow. Let's hope it arrives in one piece.:rolleyes:

Doc.