• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Vets Pass - RESULTS!

Maybe someone in the Postal System is a smoker :laugh: :laugh:

Out for delivery. Now if only the postal person can navigate that goat trail Doc lives off of ;)

He found it alright. I didn't hear him knock on the door. Now I have to go to the PO tomorrow morning and retrieve the PKG.:angry: I suppose it's better than having left it out in the rain.

Doc.

WIFELANT has secured the pass. Ooo-Rah. Semper Gumbi.

Doc.

Glad it finally made it to Swabbie Central. Now the tough part.

Really glad this finally arrive. :thumbs:
Doc, any indication on the parcel as to what might have been it's misadventure?

Package is way over 1 cubic foot. It was short on postage. They evidently sent it parcel post. I'm repackaging to meet the PO standards. Otherwise it'll cost me over $21.00 to ship priority mail

Doc.

The original box I sent was 9x12x18 and 4lbs 6 ozs. Except for the time Parcel Post will work if that is how you guys want to send it.

So who is going to take their chances with 5 or 6 P & T's?

PKG departs approx 1300 today Priority Mail DC#9405 5036 9930 0365 0802 27. Hope your ready Karl. The smaller of the two bags probably need a new humipak. The one I put in it isn't that fresh. Thanks for the fun, Ray

Doc.

Package is way over 1 cubic foot. It was short on postage. They evidently sent it parcel post. I'm repackaging to meet the PO standards. Otherwise it'll cost me over $21.00 to ship priority mail

Doc.

It went out in the same box I received it in, and via Priority Mail at 4# and 9oz, if I recall correctly.
I didn't think they would just downgrade the shipping after accepting the parcel?
??? Live and Learn. My apologies for the delay.

All of what I posted is speculation by my letter carrier. We really don't know what happened. What we do know is, the box was more that 1 cu. ft. in volume. When you go to the click and ship web site, it asks you if your package is over 84 inches in length or more than a cubic foot. For those mathematically challenged, as I am, it offers to calculate the volume. You enter the dimensions of the box. They, then calculate volume. The box is larger than 1 cu. ft., . The rates soar from around $8 to more than $20 when you exceed 1 cu. ft., in this case by 216 cu. in., if my math is correct.

Doc.

There was a humitube in the plastic container which should take care of all the cigars.

PKG departs approx 1300 today Priority Mail DC#9405 5036 9930 0802 27. Hope your ready Karl. The smaller of the two bags probably need a new humipak. The one I put in it isn't that fresh. Thanks for the fun, Ray

Doc.

SeabeesRecruitingPoster.jpg

~Boar

Call Out The Corps

Oh once I was happy, I had a fine home
MacArthur then called me and soon I was gone
Twas off to Korea, it's not very far
It's just a police action, it isn't a war.

Don't call out the Army
Don't call out the Navy
Don't call out the Coast Guard
Just call out the Corps.

Well I visited the Army some fighting to see
I thought that those heroes would show it to me
Alas though I listened so close for the words
To the rear march with track shoes was all that I heard.

Don't call out the Army
Don't call out the Navy
Just call out the Corps.

Well I visited the lines south of Hagaru-ri
And thousands of Chinese was all I could see
The Marines on the ground was all holding their own
But the Dogfaces round them was running for home.

Don't call out the Army
Don't call out the Navy
Just call out the Corps.

Well we fought that invasion in Korea way
But the stateside newspapers had this much to say
The mighty Fifth Air Force has done it again
It's back to the doghouse Gyrene fighting men.

Don't call out the Army
Don't call out the Navy
Just call out the Corps.

So all you civilians just heed these grim words
They say we hunt headlines but that's for the birds
When they're in trouble and they shake in their jeans
The first ones they call are the U. S. Marines.

Oscar Brand

Just a reminder to AVB. No Corpsman; no patrol.

Doc.

If you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you. Looks good on paper though. :cool:

If you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you. Looks good on paper though. :cool:

If there's anything that Jarheads do, is follow what's written on a piece of paper.:p

Doc.