• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Victoria 2007 Review thread

tomthirtysix

Wishing I was as cool as Phil
OK... since all the FOGs are wondering what these are, I figured I would set up a little place for them to gather and discuss their thoughts on this Edicion Limitada. So, FOGs, if you don't mind, I think we would all like to see some reviews.

Edit to add contest to the title...
Edit to add the announcement...

Well, since I was working in the yard I figured I'd fire up one of these cigars. Since I was outside working in the dirt there aren't any pictures. Of the three I received I took the one with the somewhat misaligned cap first. Giving it a good whiff before I clipped it I noticed a a decent earthy aroma with a hint of chocolate. Of course, the earthiness could have been the dirt on my hands :p. The stick clipped nicely and had a decent prelight draw so I fired it up and saw it produced a sufficient amount of smoke but nothing extraordinary. Taste reaffirmed the earthy smell and a slight astringent flavor lurking underneath. The burn was perfect for the first two inches and produced a dark gray speckled ash which fell off every half inch or so. I was working so this could be expected. At about the 2" point the astringent nature started to become stronger and shifted the profile from being OK to being somewhat unpleasant. Another half inch was all I decided to suffer with before making mulch out of it.

Off hand I'd say it needs at least 6 months of humi time to possibly tone down the bitterness that reared up in the second half of the cigar. As for what it might be... I don't have a clue but it is certainly not something I have smoked regularly in the past. I'll do another perhaps this weekend but the third one is going to be sometime well in the future.

I'm not sure if the noobs were trying to impress me or kill me but neither happened so I must be stronger for it.

I'm not sure if the noobs were trying to impress me or kill me but neither happened so I must be stronger for it.
LMAO!!!!! I've yet to try one of these beauties, but it seems it may need a little humi time first!

Off hand I'd say it needs at least 6 months of humi time ....

Yeah, you're probably right about that. They were somewhat fresh.

I think the rakija would kill you before the cigar would.

Just got a few of these courtesy of CigarStone. I hope to spark one up tomorrow.

Wilkey

When I was a boy, I often spent Saturday morning shooting rats at the town dump. Back in those days the attendant would just set the piles of garbage on fire and in the winter they would just smolder releasing a smoke with a very unique odor and flavor. Ya couldn't help inhale it. This cigar had hints of this. I want to thank you guys for the memory. I hadn't thought of shootin' rats in a long time.

Doc.

When I was a boy, I often spent Saturday morning shooting rats at the town dump. Back in those days the attendant would just set the piles of garbage on fire and in the winter they would just smolder releasing a smoke with a very unique odor and flavor. Ya couldn't help inhale it. This cigar had hints of this. I want to thank you guys for the memory. I hadn't thought of shootin' rats in a long time.

Doc.

Nice one Doc.......like they had guns back then :rolleyes:

Doc.

He never mentioned guns. I am sure it was a english longbow.

Seth

Doc.

Seth

Nah, our Doc is a simpleton....he was just usin' rocks and a slingshot.

Still gettin' over my chest/head cold and cough, but when it relents a little, I'll fire one of these sticks up as well and let ya know my .02.

Doc.

Seth

Still gettin' over my chest/head cold and cough, but when it relents a little, I'll fire one of these sticks up as well and let ya know my .02.
Are you really, really sure you want to go down this path. Keep in mind, Congress didn't see fit in decreeing me a gentleman. :whistling:

Doc.

Since we've sent these out I've smoked a few of these, and liked them quite a bit.
I've noticed that I have a slow cadence, this might help you enjoy this smoke just a little bit more. Might want to consider that as you do your reviews.
I'll not divulge my experiences and observations to avoid any tainting of your findings.

~R

Doc.

Seth

Are you really, really sure you want to go down this path. Keep in mind, Congress didn't see fit in decreeing me a gentleman. :whistling:

Doc.

:laugh:

Aw Doc, come on now...I know how you were...scally cap, overalls, running around with a dog with a charcoal circle drawn around its eye, slingshot stuffed into the back pocket of them overall britches...

Doc.

Seth

Doc.

Aw Doc, come on now...I know how you were...scally cap, overalls, running around with a dog with a charcoal circle drawn around its eye, slingshot stuffed into the back pocket of them overall britches...
Sling shots. Are you kiddin'. We were incredibly well armed as children. If you didn't have a 20 Bore, Model 94 Winchester, and a .22 by the time you were 14, you were considered culturaly deprived.

Doc.

Doc.

Seth

Doc.

Sling shots. Are you kiddin'. We were incredibly well armed as children. If you didn't have a 20 Bore, Model 94 Winchester, and a .22 by the time you were 14, you were considered culturaly deprived.

Doc.

By the time I was 14 I was indeed well-armed, but I was also spendin' my days hanging out at a neighbor-mom's house who used to invite me over to "go swimming" as they had a pool and we didn't...funny thing though, she always did this when no one else was around, and it always turned out great for me. :whistling:

I had imagined that your rat-shooting, trashyard hangin' days was occuring at a much younger age Doc.... :laugh:

Hell, we used to take the young wenches to the dump with us. Nothin' makes a woman hornier than a young warrior and his gun.

Doc.

Had to mow the lawn today so I decided it was a good opportunity to smoke one of these :)

It actually had a rather pleasant smell to it and the construction was nice. The draw was a bit on the firm side, but again, these probably need to sit a bit.

With grass blowing in my face, sweat dripping, and all the while trying to get the yard mowed and clipped I didn't really give it a chance to impress me or not. I just kind of had it going as I mowed....yard gar style.

All in all it really wasn't a bad smoke. I nubbed it :)

I'll have to sit and give the next one a real test, but it certainly passed the yard gar test.

Remarkably similar to a Connie #9M. Mine first one was even plugged like so many of the Connies. I doubt if I could tell a Montechristo from a Macanudo, but I'd swear that these ARE Connie #9M. :sign:

I smoked one a few days ago.

The construction was rough but draw was pretty good. The flavor was not offensive but unremarkable. There was a really pronounced sweetish, grassy/hay or green note to the cigar the whole time. All in all, a bit of an unusual profile that reminded me of a claro-wrapped cigar. Of course these have dark, rough wrappers that are not claro. They do indeed look like a Connie. If I can get outside today, I'll smoke a Connie and compare.

I'm not sure I'd buy these. They are perhaps a bit too fat and too mild for genuine yard work.

Kudos to the new guys for their creativity with the cigars and band concept. You've done well. :thumbs:

Wilkey