• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Way Doc & I Make Espresso...

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
For all you 'lapostas' out there who think espresso comes from Starbucks....THIS is what we use.

Figured you may want to try it if the price was right.

Wish I would have kept my mom's. Old school rules.

It's called a mocha. Try not to forget all the parts when you put it together, especially the screen. :blush:

Doc

The house we stayed at in Italy only had of these. After figuring it out and using it for week, i bought one to bring home. Works great, although i usually only break it out on weekends.

Thanks for the head up, I just placed an order.  I'll let everyone know how it turns out with some of my home roasted beans.

Used one a bunch when I was on vacation over the summer, loved it. And the mailman just dropped mine off. Thanks for the link, Gary!

LarryH said:
Thanks for the head up, I just placed an order.  I'll let everyone know how it turns out with some of my home roasted beans.

tomthirtysix said:
Used one a bunch when I was on vacation over the summer, loved it. And the mailman just dropped mine off. Thanks for the link, Gary!

:thumbs: x2

I love mine.  $9 for the 9 cup maker on some deal a day site.  It took me a day to make my money back!  What's everyone's favorite brand of espresso roast ground (or unground) beans.  Some seem to work better than others and I'm still experimenting.

For every day use, Medaglia D'Oro. Sure, there's better, but it's what La Famigla has always used.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
For every day use, Medaglia D'Oro. Sure, there's better, but it's what La Famigla has always used.

Doc

Is there another brand other than that out there? :D

I just made a pot and I'm filled with song....even though it's BEFORE the coming snow storm and there ain't no sun :laugh:

Che bella cosa na jurnata 'e sole,

n'aria serena doppo na tempesta!

Pe' ll'aria fresca pare già na festa...

Che bella cosa na jurnata 'e sole.

Ma n'atu sole

cchiù bello, oje ne'.

O sole mio

sta 'nfronte a te!

O sole

O sole mio

sta 'nfronte a te!

sta 'nfronte a te!

Quanno fa notte e 'o sole se ne scenne,

me vene quase 'na malincunia;

sotto 'a fenesta toia restarria

quanno fa notte e 'o sole se ne scenne.

Ma n'atu sole

cchiù bello, oje ne'.

O sole mio

sta 'nfronte a te!

O sole

O sole mio

sta 'nfronte a te!

sta 'nfronte a te!

I WISH the sun was in my face...

Damn snow!

The above is what happens when you put too much anisette in the espresso.

Doc

Will this work on a flat top stove?  We've had bad luck with kettles that aren't flat on the bottom.

engspot said:
Will this work on a flat top stove?  We've had bad luck with kettles that aren't flat on the bottom.
I have a ceramic topped stove and I don't have a problem

Doc

Devil Doc said:
I have a ceramic topped stove and I don't have a problem

Doc
Thanks Doc...I think we have a similar cooking surface.   At $9 it's worth giving it a try.

Used to use mine all the time until the wife got me a fancy schmancy espresso maker for Christmas.

engspot said:
I have one of those glass topped, flat stoves and this works perfectly fine on it. The pot is flat on the bottom. Works well on a gas stove, too, so long as the burner isn't larger than the pot.

As for what kind I use, Caffè Kimbo is what's in the cupboard right now. From Italy, but no idea whether it's good, bad or whatever. I like it. :)

I have that style in two sizes, one is a two serving size, so 2 demitasse cups. The other is a family after dinner size which makes a good  amount of demitasse cups, been so long since I've used the big one, but think it is something like 8 cups.

I actually like Cafe Bustelo better than Madaglia D'oro, if you HAVE to use preground coffee. The best I've had is some brand whose name currently eludes me. was wonderfully rich and sweet. If I remember, I'll edit this post with the name. 

Doc you like Campari too?  I do.  It's best with soda water.