• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The word ISOM

Face it,,,we are living in an abbreviated world where everything is short-hand. All you have to do is look around and run in place during the lunch hour and everything you hear and see is abbreviated language,,,abbreviated text,,,it's insane. I have had to learn a whole new language skill since I retired and it's a scary thing when you go to the bank and are asked questions about CD's,,,IRA's,,,or if the APR on your loan is too high? I just wanted to make a simple transaction and get some money and I get barraged with acronyms for every banking term there is. It's bad enough going out in the world and having to re learn this new language and now we have to look at all of these cigar terms when all that is necessary is to just say what it is. just my 2 cents,,IMHO,,,,c-ya,,,did I overlook any other acronyms?,,,,oh yeah,,,ROFL

Face it,,,we are living in an abbreviated world where everything is short-hand. All you have to do is look around and run in place during the lunch hour and everything you hear and see is abbreviated language,,,abbreviated text,,,it's insane. I have had to learn a whole new language skill since I retired and it's a scary thing when you go to the bank and are asked questions about CD's,,,IRA's,,,or if the APR on your loan is too high? I just wanted to make a simple transaction and get some money and I get barraged with acronyms for every banking term there is. It's bad enough going out in the world and having to re learn this new language and now we have to look at all of these cigar terms when all that is necessary is to just say what it is. just my 2 cents,,IMHO,,,,c-ya,,,did I overlook any other acronyms?,,,,oh yeah,,,ROFL

Err... if we are abbreviating, it would simply be CC.

Props also on the being the first person I have seen using a comma as a full stop. Interesting.

I've loathed that acronym since I first saw it. Unfortunately it is here to stay.