• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thinking of building a Wineador

Kxthor911

Ok so a little while back I bought my first humidor, its kinda small and I have been doing research on bigger ones, other things I can do. I am thinking of doing like a wineador. I have read some of the other threads about them and here is what I have came up with so far. List of things to come. I live in Lake Charles so hot and humid here is the normal.

Thermoelectric wine cooler - something like this

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/NewAir-Appliances-Thermoelectric-Wine-Cooler/7424145/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&ef_id=UKatPQAAHVmMiid7:20130108055325:s

A pound to two of heartfelt beads - link to follow. How many pounds would you say that I would need of beads? What humidity rating of beads should I get?

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=14

A couple of hygrometers, maybe fans, and some empty cigar boxes. Im not going to be getting the drawers for wineadors.com at the moment. If you can think of anything else please let me know. Also if you know of any wine coolers that work better than others please let me know about that as well. Thanks for all the help, have a great day.

You determine your bead amount by the inside area of the fridg (see the Heartfelt website). The humidity amount depends on your taste. I like my cigars a little drier; 65% for me.

Good luck.

I just got that fridge from my wife for Christmas and love it. I have just over 1.5 lbs of beads and I think that's to much but its doing me really well so far so worth the money to me. I also like mine at 65% and its holding steady. I did not get drawers or anything yet. I have 2 Hydrometers, I also used some empty boxes like you said. I do not have a fan in mine and it is within 1% from top to bottom and that's more than good enough for me.

I just got that fridge from my wife for Christmas and love it. I have just over 1.5 lbs of beads and I think that's to much but its doing me really well so far so worth the money to me. I also like mine at 65% and its holding steady. I did not get drawers or anything yet. I have 2 Hydrometers, I also used some empty boxes like you said. I do not have a fan in mine and it is within 1% from top to bottom and that's more than good enough for me.

How silent is it? Can you hear it running at all? Can you post pics so i can see how you did your condensate drain? Thanks

I leave mine off 90% of the time, so the noise isn't a concern for me and I added a bit of the beads to the condensation drain, so if I ever have condensation it runs down the back of the unit and into the beads. When it's on I don't feel it's overly noisy or noticeable.

How silent is it? Can you hear it running at all? Can you post pics so i can see how you did your condensate drain? Thanks

I have mine in a room with 1 pc and 1 laptop that are always running and I can't hear it run at all. It is in a corner (see below) so that might mask some of the noise. I didn't do anything with my drain honestly, I might do what CJ suggested and drop some beads there.

humidor.jpg

P.S. It's probably the best cigar investment I've made thus far.

100_2911_zpsb4f37970.jpg

I have a a Vinotemp VT-48TEDS-2Z. It's a dual zone, double door 48 bottle wine cooler. And I got my drawers at wineadors.com.

66 degrees (Max for mine) and check out the link CJ posted for drawers. I will get a set in a few months when I have saved up the cash.

I humidify mine with a Cigar Oasis and small amount of beads, with some auxillary fans to circulate the air.

I do not run it, due to it staying constantly cool in my basement where is it located.

Humidity stays right on at 70%.

It is now overcrowded and I blame this forum for it. Too many tasty cigars are recommended! :laugh:

What temp do you keep your coolers at?

My temperature fluxuates and the reason being is I leave it off 90% of the time, so it changes slightly as the temperature of the room it's in does. Anywhere from 65-70F, and my humidity is always a solid 65.