• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thinking of new humi.

Lkyman

Sobrrrrrr
I was looking at getting a second humi 125-150ct. After reading alot of posts, I am now considering going a step up - not wanting to outgrow it too fast. I found this one from Tampa. Tampa Cabinet

I also checked this one out - Ironworkers humi

or this one - Bargain Humidors - other than I have read questionable things about this company. Plus I could not find the measurements for this cabinet.

Any input I would greatly appreciate. :whistling:

Thanks

Lkyman - Scott

They are all going to be of similar quality, all being built in China (or similar country). The Antietam is the smallest of the bunch. I would choose between the other two, and the biggest difference between the two is the glass or solid front. Do you want to display your smokes? Are they going to be stored where sun is a factor? and so forth.

Good luck. Buy the biggest you can afford. My humi is more the double the size of those and I am running out of room.

JK

I bought one of those 150 ct. jobs. That was a mistake.Now I have to figure out what I can get rid of when I want to add something.Get involved in trading and group purchases and next thing you know..no room

I just plunked down the beans to get the Ironworkers humidor. It should be arriving here in a couple of weeks or so.

I started with a smaller humidor (holding not quite 50 puros), then got a Romeo y Julieta (housing about 100 gars). Soon I went for a massive humidor (holding about 300) then one to hold boxes. Now I'm about to sell two of those because of the Cheaphumidors 'dor!!!

Yes, I am a humidor addict but after this one I'll have to call it quits!!

:whistling: Darren

All I can say is go much larger than you think you need. I made this mistake myself.

From what I have hear, the seal on the Tampa Humidor humidors are horrible. I have not been able to validate this but many members here informed me of this when I was looking.

I'll second the thought for going bigger than you think you need. Who would have thought a 100qt cooler would not be big enough??! I should have gone 150qt from the start...

They're not classy, they're not stylish, but a cooler WORKS. Best thing I've done in awhile was make the 'coolidor'... something to consider if you don't have to have a classy home for your smokes. Rock solid RH, loads of space, and cheap as heck.

Shiba said:
All I can say is go much larger than you think you need. I made this mistake myself.

From what I have hear, the seal on the Tampa Humidor humidors are horrible. I have not been able to validate this but many members here informed me of this when I was looking.
[snapback]251676[/snapback]​

Wow, if that isn't an understatment of the year. :laugh:

I can only speak for the humi that I bought from them; but it had a very bad seal. I could even see by eye that it wasn't sealing right. They did handle the return well though.

This is all good feedback. I think Shiba bought the same humi at one time that mhorsch is looking, and then went bigger shortly after - if I recall correctly. I haven't really heard any info on the one from Bargain Humidors. It is attractive in the aspect that it comes with alot for the price ie: Cigar Oasis XL included...Although I want to make sure I'm not compromising quality. Have I there any suggestions in this size that I have missed? :whistling:

Thanks Shiba for the input on the Tampa. I was on the edge with that one anyways and just needed a little nudge. Don't really care for the lid on it.

edit - added more

Lkyman - Scott

Try ebay too. I hopped on and got a ~$550 diamond crown humidor (90 cigar capacity) for 75 bucks. Some guy was cleaning out his garage.

connoiseur29 said:
Try ebay too. I hopped on and got a ~$550 diamond crown humidor (90 cigar capacity) for 75 bucks. Some guy was cleaning out his garage.
[snapback]252180[/snapback]​

Now that is the kind of deal we all need to get :) Good buy there!!! :)

Hi I just got a Daniel Marshall 150ct Zebrawood Humi. This thing is gorgeous plus the quality is impecable. I was going to go the cheaper route but figure with all the money that was going to be spend on good cigars a quality storage solution had to be as important. Check out their Private stock sale as there are deals to be found & the people (Doug) are just great to deal with.

Here is some info that I received from them:

Re: Private Stock sale info below.

All Humidors come with the DM full warranty as our other humidors. We place humidors into this category for the smallest of defects that in some cases people find hard to notice.

No questions asked money back return policy with in 7 days applies if your not satisfied when you receive the humidor. We also provide a Federal Express No Cost to you method of returning the humidor if you so decide with in 7 days of receipt of the humidor. We accept all major credit cards for US domestic orders.

Shipping Ground UPS usually runs about 22 to 28.45 with in the Continental USA

Some basic info and pricing follow:

Please note this sale is of Limited Availability and pricing subject to change without notice. Thank You

Shipping is usually 5 to 7 business days from date order is placed.

Humidors will function as well as our other collections.

Blemishes are usually in the paint or under the lacquer. Average condition is similar to the photo shown on the web. Some have less than this. If you want one, we can look for a humidor from the stock that we believe you will be pleased with.

Note: underlined boxes are NEAR MINT and represent an exceptional value

Lower price is Sale Price -- Higher price is Regular Price

20065.6gk $275 Ambiente by DM Bordeaux High gloss w/ black trim Regular $450 (near mint)
Digital meter upgrade with wooden frame can be added for an additional $25

20125.5k $295 Black Matte 125 Cigar Humidor- near mint
Regular price: $450

30125 $ 395 African Zebrawood and in Birdseye Maple Regular price $ 750 (near Mint)

30150 with Tray $ 495 Cocobolo Rosewood $995 (near mint)

Hennessey Humidor $375 Cocobolo Rosewood $1195 (near mint)- fitted with a lock and key

Special size made for French Luxury Congac brand Hennesy. Holds 125 Cigars with two dividers.
http://www.danielmarshall.com/unique.html

30100C Churchill Humidors $ 295 Regular: $ 995
( better than average condition) Cocobolo Rosewood only
(Churchill Humidors are from a limited series)

90125 Treasure Chest in Precious Burl wood
Special: $ 595 Regular : $ 895
( near Mint and one piece available) Note: Optional sliding wood cover housing for DM Regulator $25 and stainless steel cigar cutter $15. Digital meter and lift out tray included ($75 value)
(Rated "A" , and the Number 1 humidor by Cigar Aficionado Dec 2003) Humidor review)

New Ambiente By Daniel Marshall Humidor
20150.8 Zebrawood up to 150 corona sized cigars. Exceptional size to value ratio. Very nice looking
Near mint condition.
Special $275 Regular $425 (Special promo: Buy a second one for only $150 more- if puchased at the same time and shipped to the same address)
Add a tray for $25 more. Lots of dividers and organization space. With DM Humidity Regulator and lock and key. (14-1/2" x 9-3/4" x 7") Digital meter upgrade with wooden frame can be added for an additional $25

20150.8t shown

Note: All DM Humidors with a lock and key will have the distinctive
Daniel Marshall Key hole plate attached and included.

All humidors come with the DM full warranty as our other humidors. We place humidors into this category for the smallest of defects that in some cases people find hard to notice.
Money back policy applies if your not satisfied when you receive the humidor. We accept all major credit cards for US domestic orders.
Let us know if we can reserve one for you or if you have any questions.