• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This country is beautiful

Infinity

Infinity - *Unbounded space, time, or quantity*
I'm writing this looking out of my Coach windshield onto a huge bay at Chincoteague Island, VA, just thinking about this beautiful country. Fishing boats are going by,
Seagulls chirping away. Next week they have their notorious yearly Pony crossing and auction. It's qauint and very picturesque.

We are fortunate to be able to travel and we have covered a fair amount of this land. It's a long haul driving a Coach across country from San Diego but
each day we acknowledge that we are glad we did it.

Often, we tend to travel away to other countries, never exploring our own. How many of you have traveled in the US, when you can?

I am in awe of the beautiful places.

Brian

It is a beautiful land. I've been to 31 of our states and have seen mountains, forests, deserts, prairies, volcanos, rain forests, and everything else those states have to offer. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Amen, Brian! There is a song written just about this same thing.

This Land is Your Land, by Woody Guthrie and it sums up all that is out there to be seen. How few of us have really gone out to see this great land of ours.

THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND
words and music by Woody Guthrie

Chorus:
This land is your land, this land is my land
From California, to the New York Island
From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me

As I was walking a ribbon of highway
I saw above me an endless skyway
I saw below me a golden valley

Chorus

I've roamed and rambled and I've followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts
And all around me a voice was sounding

Chorus

The sun comes shining as I was strolling
The wheat fields waving and the dust clouds rolling
The fog was lifting a voice come chanting

Chorus

As I was walkin' - I saw a sign there
And that sign said - no tress passin'
But on the other side .... it didn't say nothin!
Now that side was made for you and me!

Chorus

In the squares of the city - In the shadow of the steeple
Near the relief office - I see my people
And some are grumblin' and some are wonderin'
If this land's still made for you and me.

Chorus (2x)

©1956 (renewed 1984), 1958 (renewed 1986) and 1970 TRO-Ludlow Music, Inc. (
BMI)

Hey brian, if you can make it down here to NC, I have a smoker that's just waiting to be filled up with tasty treats!!!

you know, just in case you guys are passing thru ;)

Amen, Brian! There is a song written just about this same thing.

This Land is Your Land, by Woody Guthrie and it sums up all that is out there to be seen. How few of us have really gone out to see this great land of ours.

Absolutely Anthony, great song, says it all.

Hey brian, if you can make it down here to NC, I have a smoker that's just waiting to be filled up with tasty treats!!!

you know, just in case you guys are passing thru ;)

Hey Erick.

We passed through NC several weeks ago, spent some time at the OBX, on our way N, now. Thanks for the offer though.

Brian

Pictures, we want pictures.

And no, not of your ugly mug :laugh:

Pictures, we want pictures.

And no, not of your ugly mug :laugh:
Yep, I know. Sorry Brandon, this Dick left the camera at home. Not sure why I flew back with it in the first place, I never used it at home.

Meditate, get into my eyes. :laugh:

Gary, that is too funny..LMAO!

Brian

I've driven across the US 3 times, and have taken numerous other trips via car/truck/Jeep. Wounderlust is pretty big in my family, as is love of photography. I've seen some amazing things in my young 27 years. SW America is a fav, as is the coast of Cali and the Pac NW forests. NH/VT are beautiful, and then there are a ton of places that I've been past and not even gotten to explore. Ahh, time to daydream.

Wyoming.

Standing alongside a barbwire farm fence off the highway thinking, "Man, this place is pretty gd awesome."

Man Brian...........I sure wish I can wind the clock back to that weekend. Talk about a really nice, relaxing time. :cool:

I have been all over the country. Some as a child with my parents who were pretty good about making sure we got to see different places growing up.
Then in the Marine Corps, I got to see many different states in my tour. There was always someone who had a relative nearby who's house we'd go to on those long holiday weekends. I still would like to go see Maine, Alaska, and Northern California (been to South). I'm thinking I've been to somewhere at some point to about forty states.

Yes..it truly is.

Dont forget:
Virginia is for Lovers!

<nsfw>

Thanks for the NSFW that I could actually see this time Gary..............Seriously.......I got a warning from the IT dept. last time I looked at one of your links. :D

You got it! Unbelievable country we live in. This summer I've hit or will hit Illinois, Michigan, Texas, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and of course VEGAS. I love this country!

Edit: Forgot Florida! and I will have driven every trip except the Vegas one which I'm going on in a couple weeks.

Eric

Beautiful country indeed. Every time I travel I have new found appreciations of its beauty.

I've been to all 50 states but actually only really seen about 31 or 32 of them.

Brian you deserve a nice beating for such a post with no pictures. You're lucky I like you.

I've been to all 237 towns, 9 cities, 5 unincorporated areas, and the 4 gores of Vermont. ;)

Doc.

Yep, I know. Sorry Brandon, this Dick left the camera at home. Not sure why I flew back with it in the first place, I never used it at home.

Buy a friggen camera!!

It costs less than a tank of gas for the behemoth you're driving.

*LMAO* :laugh:

Buy a friggen camera!!

It costs less than a tank of gas for the behemoth you're driving.

*LMAO* :laugh:
LOL, ain't that the truth Gary. The good news is that diesel dropped 50 cents since we were last in VA 4 weeks ago, it's only $4.55 a gallon :sign:

Brian

I've driven across the US seven times so far and been to most of the states (missed New England, the Carolinas and Florida), including AK and Hawaii. It truly is an amazing country with endless things to see and do, and many fascinating people to meet. I have also been all over the world and never seen as many pockets of diversity and general weirdness/beauty as you can find in the U.S.

John: Any time you want to see Northern California let me know and I will fire up the grill.

Brian: Where is next on the trip?

I know what you are saying as I have been a travel fanatic since I was a kid and have seen quite abit of the US. We have in the last few years been going abroad to see the rest of the world and it is very exciting out there to say the least. While we know how much there is in America to look at you don't quite get the education you need when you travel into Europe and other countries. We need to see how the rest of the world sees us,,,,we need to educate ourselves in terms of how the rest of the world lives. We are blessed beyond measure in this country as those in the rest of the world do not have what we have. Count your blessings.