• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This guy is my hero.

Yojimbo

Brutish Nubber
My apologies if this has already been posted. I scanned titles and didn't see it.

http://mashable.com/2012/02/09/dad-shoots-laptop-facebook/

THIS is how parents used to be, before they worried about appearances or nosy neighbors and DSS visits.

We need more of these type parents.

lol...someone just showed me this at work. He was so mad he could barely get out what he had to say at some points. I just pray my kids don't grow up to have mouths like that girl... :0

Brandon

Public humiliation of a teenager is hideously embarrassing, making it very effective in curbing behaviors. So yes, I believe it is the ticket.

We've all been humiliated by our parents when we do wrong, at some point. The difference is the venue. She chose a public venue for her attempted humiliation of her parents, so why isn't a like response appropriate?

This is a situation where you can approve or dislike 2 separate issues, the action, and the venue. I support both.

Well, public humiliation may not be the best option. But he didn't hit her or threaten her with anything other than grounding and taking away her privileges. Sometimes your options are limited and you use whatever you got.
In the old days... there would've been an ass-stompin...

Well, public humiliation may not be the best option. But he didn't hit her or threaten her with anything other than grounding and taking away her privileges. Sometimes your options are limited and you use whatever you got.
In the old days... there would've been an ass-stompin...

^ this

Dad used great self control. I have one that was "very difficult" too. Somehow we both made it out alive :laugh: .

Too bad he has to buy her another laptop now. Somehow this seems excessive considering that she can still post to Facebook from other devices. To each his own I guess.

I applaude this man's active parenting. In today's world kids are given everything and are not expected to do anything. (Legal Disclaimer - Not all kids)
"Instant gratification" was not around when I grew up, and is a term given to the current generation of children.
I am sure this will be foder for the "We have to empower our children" types and anti-gun enthusiasts, but it is a lesson that his daughter will remember for the rest of her life.
If others took raising their children as seriously, maybe law enforcement and the courts wouldn't have to raise them for them.

Ok, I stepped off my soapbox now to go smoke a cigar :laugh:

Too bad he has to buy her another laptop now. Somehow this seems excessive considering that she can still post to Facebook from other devices. To each his own I guess.

See... that is where you are wrong. He doesn't have to do anything. We are not owed anything in life, rather, things are earned through proving you know how to use them responsibly. I'm pretty sure she hasn't earned another laptop for quite some time and I'm also quite sure that he has no immediate plans of buying her one.

See... that is where you are wrong. He doesn't have to do anything. We are not owed anything in life, rather, things are earned through proving you know how to use them responsibly. I'm pretty sure she hasn't earned another laptop for quite some time and I'm also quite sure that he has no immediate plans of buying her one.

My fiancee has been following this story closely, and the father has stated that moving forward his daughter will be buying things herself, with money she earns. So a new laptop will be from her funds, not his. More than embarass her, it seems that this father is using this as a way to teach life lessons to his kid.

Lots of people have been furious at him, saying he's ruined his daughters life, and even the daughter disagrees.

I personally applaud him.

Technology! My Dad would have just beat the shit out of me not the second time but the first time!

Paul

Lots of people have been furious at him, saying he's ruined his daughters life, and even the daughter disagrees.

...and theae are the people who get walked all over by there kids!

Technology! My Dad would have just beat the shit out of me not the second time but the first

Roger that Paul. My pops is old school. He would make me go out back and pick a switch for my own ass. If the one I picked was too small he'd go pick his own. I only picked a switch that was too small once... If the switch was brittle and broke over my ass he'd go pick his own. Needless to say that only happened once as well. :D

Now, I see where the daughter gets her brains from.

I would've had a good ole' fashion belt to the ass if that were me...but he did do some nice justice there.

I'd bet she won't do it again.

As a kid I had a list of after school chores that would flip that girls mind, and if I did'nt do them I got the razor strap or jug chord. She got off easy.

Wait, so is the laptop dead. or just seriously wounded? Really, it was fairly anti-climactic. I would have like to have seen some explosives applied.
I suspect my criticism won't really matter to the teenage girl.

All kidding aside, the sense of entitlement that todays "yoots" display is really disturbing.
But, I really have to wonder what led up to the sort of behaviour she displayed? How the hell does it get that bad between a parent and their child?
Pretty dumb really, as he could have sold the thing, and filmed that. So, that little video speaks volumes about Dad too. (extremes)

Yeah, I still laughed my ass off.