• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This has got to stop.

the cammie shark i mailed atuck today was mold free from what it looked like through the cello. Hopefully this problem isn't as rampant as i'm fearing. ???

Someone better start washing their hands before rolling their cigars.

I don't mean to sound like a germ-a-phob (I know I spelled that wrong!) but is that really a way mold could develop on a cigar. I bought a couple of Zino Chubby Tubos this past weekend for me and a friend (he loves them, I think they are ok) and they were covered in mold. I did smoke it and it seemed fine, I did however brush off as much as I could.

I went home and un-sealed three boxes of hemi mads last night (don't hate me, last summer I didn't have a mortgage payment)...and I'm glad I did. In each box the top row of cigars, the ones next to the humidipak, had mold on them. This was a box of WOAM, a box of sigs, and a box of classics. Not alot of mold, but any is unacceptable, and I shudder to think of what I may have found in five years when I intended to open them.

I wish they'd stop putting those humidipaks in the boxes.

My SOP for new boxes is to open them up, remove the humipack (if included), remove one stick from the top and bottom layer, spread the remainders out just a bit, and close 'em up. Seems to let things "equilibrate" quicker.....

Didn't see any bad things in any of my Holiday purchases, but I will be taking a much closer look this weekend.

Regards - B.B.S.

My SOP for new boxes is to open them up, remove the humipack (if included), remove one stick from the top and bottom layer, spread the remainders out just a bit, and close 'em up. Seems to let things "equilibrate" quicker.....

Didn't see any bad things in any of my Holiday purchases, but I will be taking a much closer look this weekend.

Regards - B.B.S.

That's a very good idea!!!!

Just got an email back from the Company:

Dear Mr. Watkins,

We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with our cigars.
I am forwarding your email to Holts, and I am sure they will make good on
any problem you have. They are very reputable and like the Fuente Family
they stand behind every product they sell.

I would also ask you to contact the other retailers so they intern can make
good on this problem.

I will contact Carlito and make him aware of this so he may have his
supervisors in the Dominican Republic follow up on and see what is
occurring.

Again we are truly sorry for this inconvenience and we pledge to look into
this, determine the problem and resolve it is an expeditious manor.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we thank you for
supporting our company.

Karl Herzog
A. Fuente & Co.,Inc.

Yep - I opened a new box of WOAM last week, mold on all of them. Not a lot, just wipe and smoke.
I always open, inspect and take out the humidipak.Maybe I didn't look close enough when I got this
particular box 9 months ago :(

Going to take a look at the Anejo's and others again. This is a Fuente problem, too many cases to be
coincidence.

Brian

. . .This is a Fuente problem, too many cases to be
coincidence.

Brian

Agreed :( .

I'm interested if I was the first one to mention anything directly to the company, but this seems highly unlikely with the # of cases being reported on various BBs.

Something is really wrong here. . . ???

I just received a package from Karl Herzog, the company rep for Fuente cigars. It is an amazing gesture from a wonderful company and speaks highly to how much they value their customers. I appreciate the gesture, but I do not think it is right for me to accept these cigars when so many other people have experienced problems with mold lately. I would feel like I got special treatment over all the other people that have reported mold problems on BBs across the Internet. I know this package was meant for me, but I feel that our troops overseas would enjoy them much better than I would so I’m donating them to Operation From The Heart. I love smoking Fuente cigars and hope that they find and resolve these mold issues that have occurred lately.

opus320.jpg

I just received a package from Karl Herzog, the company rep for Fuente cigars. It is an amazing gesture from a wonderful company and speaks highly to how much they value their customers. I appreciate the gesture, but I do not think it is right for me to accept these cigars when so many other people have experienced problems with mold lately. I would feel like I got special treatment over all the other people that have reported mold problems on BBs across the Internet. I know this package was meant for me, but I feel that our troops overseas would enjoy them much better than I would so I’m donating them to Operation From The Heart. I love smoking Fuente cigars and hope that they find and resolve these mold issues that have occurred lately.

Sir, that is a fantastic gesture and it speaks highly of you too.

Good play for the troops. Also, I have an Anejo 50 and a DC #2 and no problems at all. I guess that helps no one but at least I was happy to see that. I keep my RH 67-70, some in cello some not.

opus320.jpg

Solid play brother!

opus320.jpg

I am very happy to see Fuente stepping up and showing they care about the products they produce. Indeed a good play by them!!! Although Mark may have topped them, very selfless act Sir. My hats off to you.

Damon

Cigars are in the mail 01038555749900737515.

As I've said, I'm glad they treat their customers so good, but the issue still remains regarding mold and it needs to be resolved quickly.

I agree, very nice play.

BUT, them sending eight cigars does not solve this problem. I hope they are working in the issue so this doesn't happen in the future.

Well done, by both you and Newman/Fuente. :thumbs:

Incidentally, the boxes of VSG I picked up recently were all in perfect, pristine, beautiful, mmmmm vsgsssssss, condition. Guess it is indeed limited to those Fuentes exclusively, as others have observed.

Outstanding!

....I feel that our troops overseas would enjoy them much better than I would so I'm donating them to Operation From The Heart. I love smoking Fuente cigars and hope that they find and resolve these mold issues that have occurred lately.