• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This is closed.

Yeah most of the newer members can't remember the problem Al had with Pete. I haven't purchased a Pete cigar since but would have grabbed some of these since they happen to be my first Tat and I really did like them.

I haven't bought a single Tat since this incident and I refuse to purchase any now. Just like how my oldest B&M shop started enforcing strict rules of purchasing Opus X, Anejo and Hemingway Maduros. I took my business where it is appreciated. :thumbs:

Jose - I have no problem with you selling stock that you have in your possession, however selling third party items is against our rules of conduct. I understand the type of business you're running, however we only allow retailers to post sales on products which they physically have on hand. As far as Pete goes, it's a real shame he would rather sit back and police our community rather than participate.

As far as Pete goes, it's a real shame he would rather sit back and police our community rather than participate.

Amen to that.
icon2.gif

I wanted to not add fire to the flames, but I want to clear up a couple things. Pete didn't call me to yell at me. We talked and other retailers called and complained that my prices as a whole and posted here are below that allowed by Tatuaje. He didn't threaten me or force me to close this i dont have accounts with any manufactures as that isnt my business model. I closed this so that he would stop taking heat and in turn he wouldn't launch a crusade to discover my vendors and yank their accounts (hopefully).Pete was really friendly and as a person I've always liked him.

Rod and 36- I do both. I list products for vendors that they still retain possession until it is shipped and some I purchase the boxes and store and ship them myself. These I was shipping myself however.

Why is it that this seems to happen only with Pete? You never hear of vendors whining that someone listed Padrons for to low a price.

I wanted to not add fire to the flames, but I want to clear up a couple things. Pete didn't call me to yell at me. We talked and other retailers called and complained that my prices as a whole and posted here are below that allowed by Tatuaje. He didn't threaten me or force me to close this i dont have accounts with any manufactures as that isnt my business model. I closed this so that he would stop taking heat and in turn he wouldn't launch a crusade to discover my vendors and yank their accounts (hopefully).Pete was really friendly and as a person I've always liked him.

Rod and 36- I do both. I list products for vendors that they still retain possession until it is shipped and some I purchase the boxes and store and ship them myself. These I was shipping myself however.

Why is it that this seems to happen only with Pete? You never hear of vendors whining that someone listed Padrons for to low a price.

Because Padron knows the in order to move product out of the wholesale side...the retailer needs to move it out of the shop/online store before they get more.
Pete's squeezing the retailer and it's gonna back fire.

These's guys have to move the product and if moving it means taking a little cut on profit...well, it's still a profit.

Because Padron knows the in order to move product out of the wholesale side...the retailer needs to move it out of the shop/online store before they get more.

These's guys have to move the product and if moving it means taking a little cut on profit...well, it's still a profit.
Padron did complain once right after the law was repealed which allowed retailers to set their own prices. After that repeal, many just started emailing specials or asking to be PMed for the price list here. But that hasn't happened in quite a while. I guess manufacturers realized that supply and demand DOES work. ;)

My oldest B&M owner said to me one day. 'I'm not a storage shed. I need to move these cigars so I can make money." We was talking about his Opus X shipment at the time but it can apply to any cigar. If Pete wants to play games, let him. He has lost one customer forever as I don't mind spending the money I would have on some Tat's and applying it to Padron, LFD or even more Fuente products. :D

I just wanted to apologize to the board for deleting the original post. I forgot this was a violation of the rules and I'm sorry. I remeber the issue with Moki and just forgot. Again, I apologize and in the future I either won't delete it or will just say PM/Call for pricing.

I just wanted to apologize to the board for deleting the original post. I forgot this was a violation of the rules and I'm sorry. I remeber the issue with Moki and just forgot. Again, I apologize and in the future I either won't delete it or will just say PM/Call for pricing.

Not sure I ever heard of an issue with Moki. I know hes an ugly SOB and all but I don't recall him ever deleting a post.

Not sure I ever heard of an issue with Moki. I know hes an ugly SOB and all but I don't recall him ever deleting a post.

I think he's referring to the fact that one of Moki's poop stories should have been deleted.

Maybe I am mistaken, and if so sorry Moki! I remember a valued poster here getting upset and deleting all his reviews and i think i remember Rod saying he was going to put them all back from his backups. That is irrelevant though, I just wanted apologize and say I won't do it again.

Maybe I am mistaken, and if so sorry Moki! I remember a valued poster here getting upset and deleting all his reviews and i think i remember Rod saying he was going to put them all back from his backups. That is irrelevant though, I just wanted apologize and say I won't do it again.

For the record, that was Ginseng aka Wilkey, not Moki.

Yea....Wilkey. Reviews, informational threads, everything.

These guys are wrong, that moki guy is a total tool

For the record, that was Ginseng aka Wilkey, not Moki.

Wilkey....Moki.....what's the difference really? Both asshats imo. :laugh:

Jose - I have no problem with you selling stock that you have in your possession, however selling third party items is against our rules of conduct. I understand the type of business you're running, however we only allow retailers to post sales on products which they physically have on hand. As far as Pete goes, it's a real shame he would rather sit back and police our community rather than participate.

I don't want this to get missed.

JG - kindly abide.

:thumbs:

I may have missed this already being discussed somewhere but I was curious. Do you allow the consumer to know the source of the cigars they are purchasing? Like which store you get your stock from or sell from?

We do not disclose which store has sold them. All shipping labels, returns, and refunds are processed by Cigar Consignment. We stand behind the cigars we sell, regardless of which store has shipped them, and are the ones who handle any problems. If one should arise, we handle it with the customer, then after the customer is satisfied, we deal with the vendor. Which vendor it is would have no impact on the customer.