• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This Weather Really Sucks

ALostTexan

The Travelin' Cigar Man
Well, here in Central Ohio, and the weather is really crappy, and has been the whole year. I grew up in the Texas Panhandle, where the weather can be really, really bad all year long, with blizzards in the winter, followed by heat and tornadoes in the spring/summer, but this entire year around Columbus has really sucked.

This was the first year in about 25 that The Ohio State University had to cancel classes because of too much snow, and now I have no electricity because a tree was downed by wind/lightning and knocked out power to a bunch of the city.

Anyway, this post was of absolutely no importance, I just wanted to whine a little.

ALostTexan
..........Sitting in the local library to use the computer, which is a little better than sitting in the dark at home...........

hmmmm

well the current crappy weath. in MIlw. has me glad that I am working in an indoor pool.
Though it does nothing for my tan.

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How far to the roller coast in Sandusky?

You want a tan! Come down to New Mexico! 100* with 0% humidity! Which usually runs from THE END OF MAY, TO THE BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER! My barbecue is so hot I don't even need to light it up to cook on! :(

Same here Joe. Can't remember what a cloud looks like. Hot as the hinges of hell. I'm getting a/c next week though... :)

Hey, Robbmt, I am about 1.5 - 2 hours from Upper Sandusky, so not too bad for a road trip, although I guess they had some crappy weather up there, too.

ALostTexan
.....finally back home with electricity.....

Well, Father and Joe, I remember those days, where it would be over 110, but very bearable as there was no humidity, and I remember thinking that Yankees were wimps when a "heat wave of 95" swept through. But, now that I have to deal with this humidity, I have sort of changed my mind.

Cincinnati has some nasty heat in the summer, as it is right on the river, but at least Columbus isn't that bad.

ALostTexan
.....sweating just typing this message.....

ALostTexan said:
Well, Father and Joe, I remember those days, where it would be over 110, but very bearable as there was no humidity,
That crack stuff up in Ohio must be good!

"It's a dry heat, so it's not that bad!"
TRUST ME! HOT IS HOT IS HOT!

I grew up on Long Island, Moved out hear 6 years ago. I know hot / humid and Hot / dry.... Like I said, HOT IS HOT IS HOT!!

I'll second that!! I'm so sick of this dry heat myth. Ok, so 110 feels like 95....big whoop!!
GUESS WHAT? IT'S STILL #@$*^@!%ING HOT!!

Anything over 80 to me is just stoopidly, insanely, unbelievably, ridiculously friggin HOT. Ok....now I have to go sit in front of the fan after typing all that.
<pant> <pant> <pant>

tell me about it! It was 90 here and humid....I am sweating to death!

Trust me, I have been in both. I grew up in West Texas, and remember it being 120 degrees on the bank thermometers (which probably only meant it was 115 or so). That was a very dry heat. Up here, it gets up in the 90's, but with nasty humidity.

I will take the Texas heat I grew up with any day.

ALostTexan

Better be sure to take care of the "boys" when it's this hot outside!! :D

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Better be sure to take care of the "boys" when it's this hot outside!! :D
carry an ice pack in your shorts? :p

Dawn said:
any volunteers for wiping the sweat off dawn? :love:

Well, I guess if NOBODY is going to volunteer, I will take a hit for the team.....

ALostTexan
...anticipating this experience...

Dawn said:
Not many things sexier then a woman with sweat running down her body..... :thumbs:

DaveWF said:
Dawn said:
Not many things sexier then a woman with sweat running down her body..... :thumbs:
what about a women in a bikini with sweat running down her body, smoking a cigar?? ;)

Sorry I missed your first post. been offline for awhile. But, I wouldnt trust FT opinion on when its hot..he livesin a desert. And as far as JoeM goes,,,,welllllll (sorry Joe) as far as ohio , yep, it's wet. :p

sibernation said:
But, I wouldnt trust FT opinion on when its hot..he lives in a desert.
Tell me...who's more qualified to talk about hot than I am? I grew up in Louisiana, lived in Houston for 5 years, lived in Philly for 5 years, lived in Florida for 11 years and now live in Colorado. I think I know hot. I know wet hot. I know dry hot. I've played 18 holes of golf when it was 98 degrees and 90% humidity. And shot 78. If there's anybody who knows more about hot than me, please step forward. Thought so...

Here's what I'm doing about hot (besides bitching). Next Wedesday a crew of highly trained HVAC experts and a crack team of electricians are showing up at Maison de Mizell to bestow coolness upon this place. It's going to cost me a fortune but you know what? I can't wait. Because for once.....
I WON'T BE HOT

It's just a damned shame I didn't win the powerball last night because my plan was to buy a place in New Zealand and a place here in the mountains and never have to spend another godforsaken moment in summer again.

Hope you enjoy the AC. Keep us updated on the progress.

ALostTexan