• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thompson humidors

SFG75

Master-passer
Hey folks!, looking to upgrade since my 130 count humi just can't handle the sudden growth of cigars I've acquired as of late. As an emergency measure, I'm using a tuppedore that is currently sitting at 70% with a travel stick. It's a tough situation to be in, and I can thank gibu and randyb1 for getting me into this predicament. :D Anyways, here's my concern--The folks at Thompson have quite an interesting array of humidors(I'm particularly fond of ones that you can look into)

Questions:

1.)Has anyone purchased a humidor from Thompson's? If so, would you do so again?

2.)Is there any reason why a person shouldn't buy from Thompsons? We had a thread awhile ago under a different forum about the quality of cigars that a person receives from that company, I guess that's why I ask this.

3.)Are humidors priced in the $100-150 range worth a darn?
:lookup: :lookup:

I have this Thompson humi. I used it about a year before I got my cabinet. It worked fine, looked decent and came with a digital hygrometer too. I even made 2 extra seperators for it too. Thompson wants about $132 delivered for this model. I'll make you a deal on mine if you are interested, you might even find a few sticks in it. PM me.

I could not personally recommend Thompson's. I had a problem that they were unwilling and rather obnoxious about taking care of the problem. The humi I got from them would not hold humidity at all and they refused to accept a return even though that had a money back guarantee. be cautious.

AVB said:
I have this Thompson humi. I used it about a year before I got my cabinet. It worked fine, looked decent and came with a digital hygrometer too. I even made 2 extra seperators for it too. Thompson wants about $132 delivered for this model. I'll make you a deal on mine if you are interested, you might even find a few sticks in it. PM me.
Now there ya go, that is why I love this place. WTG AVB :thumbs:

Boy, if you're experiencing the same type of growth in your collection as I am, I'd skip the desktop and go straight to a Coolidor.

Sure, it's not pretty, but space is the key. I now have three desktops...one for each floor of my townhome :D Anymore and the wife is going to start sweating me pretty hard, I have a feeling.

imho you can do much better than thompsons for the money...I purchased my first humi from them, held 150 (of course they all use tpc's for the capacity or some other small cigar, but since they all do you get an idea) had a crappy seal, plexiglass instead of real glass, and other issues...from another vendor (which is on the scumbag trader list for some odd reason, dealt with them twice with nothing but stellar results) I for the same price got a 500 ct humi, with a great seal, glass for the top, supposedly a factory second...still not sure why...
since this IS on the scumbag list, pm me for details...cause I believe a personal experience is better than any list....

PaulMac

Best to stay off of Thompson's mailing list if you ask me as they inundate you with phone calls and catalogues once you order. I wish someone would have warned me before I placed an order with them. Unfortunately I didn't happen on CP until after that :(

I purchased a Humidor from Thompson..basically they are not bad for lower end humidors.

I have purchased a few from Holts and have been very pleased with thier lines

I would advise that you junk the default hygrometer and humidifier and get better quality ones.

Paul

I have a Thompson Humi that my wife purchased as my first "show" humi. It is dark wood with glass top. I consider this to be my main Humi. It holds about 100 cigars. I have another I got from a dealer on the "LIST", and I have a large tuperdor, homemade. I rotate my sticks from the two latter boxes to my Thompson humi. I agree with rnccen in that you should scrap the humidfying system and hygrometer. I went with another foam system until recently now I have switched to the gel tube which by the way works great! I also recomend an electronic hygrometer with a temperature gauge as well!

That is my 2 cents!

My first humidor came from Thompsons I did not have it very long had a hell of a time trying to regulate the humidity. I would not recommend them.

My first Humidor came from Thompson's. The only thing I don't like is that they put there name on it. I put some of Vern's beads in it and it is always on. The only thing I don't like about Thompson's is there house brands (I'm still waiting on Moki to smoke them :p ) I have found other places with better deals on humidors also. I'd jump on AVB's deal or go straight to a coolidor.

The humi I had for sale has found a new home. :D

My first Humi was a Thompson's also. A small 50 ct. w/ the logo on the lid. I worked at the begining. (like 3 weeks) :p then I had to upgrade. So I bought a second 50 ct. thinking that I wouldn't store more than that. HA!

Yeah right. Now I have 2 small Fridg-adors and a 100+ ct desktop cabinet. :D

I have a Thompson Westminster and i love it. I have absolutely no problems maintaining humidity. Their cigars are horrible though, i gave them to a buddy that can only afford grenadiers, and even he hated the thompson cigars!

I purchased my humidor from Thompson's and within a week I began hating the "credo" and hygrometer. If you order one go ahead and plan on changing those out.

If you want a humidor with a glass top I'm sure everyone here can recommend either the

Gettysburg - 300 CT $129

or

Vicksburg - 500 CT humidor $164

Bargainhumidors.com

Both humidors can hold a box of cigars within it. And BH has excellent customer service

I've got a little Thompsons's 50 ct., logo on lid. I haven't had a problem with it. The cigars that came in it sucked to high hell, but the box is fine. Keeps a constant 70-72% humidity level with very little effort. That's been my experience anyway. I've since upgraded, but after I filled the new one, I went back to the Thompson for the overflow. No complaints here. I did get one phone call after I recieved it, but it was only once and I never got any junk mail.

I would absolutely stay away from Thompson's! They have no customer service and there money back guarantee is not worth the paper it is printed on. My hunidor did not seal properly, so I ended up having to do some repair on it to get it to hold humidity and it is fine now. But I will not do business with them again!

My first (and so far only) one is the 40-count cherrywood humi from TC. The only major complaint is that I didn't calibrate the hygro right. The salt test corrected that, now it is working well. Still, I have the big tubo on order from Vern.

The problem starts here: I'm considering to order a box of ROs (real ones). Where to put them (besides letting you help me out in taking them off my hands)?

I think I have this large flat tupperware thingy. That might work. Until I decide on my next humi, that is :D