• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thompson's prose

Ok so I didn't smoke them at my campsight cause of Cohiba overload, but I did make a point of haveing one when I got home tonight after a good dinner.

LOCATION Poolside, dusk, 78degrees, peaceful & quiet

Step #1 I unwrapped and punched the end
Step#2 Ignition
Step#3 Re Ignite didn't quite catch the 1st time
Step#4 Noticed a tunneling effect, slight peppery taste
Step#5 RE Cut to see if it made a differance
noticed right away fuller smoke easier draw, ash was now solid & white, ash went 3" before it dropped off. After ash dropped I noticed it seemed to get milder as the peppery taste disolved, smoked it for a little while longer before it went out on its own. I ended up with a butt between 3 & 4", didn't want to relight as this 1st one was a test and didn't want to spoil results by relighting.
All in all I would say as a yard cigar or a cigar for a newbie this would be a good deal at the price Thompsons is asking. But it aint no Cohiba and the only thing it has in similarity to a Trinidad is that they both come in a cello wrapper. 2 things I did notice afterwards #1 Had a slight buzz from it and #2 had a strange after taste in my mouth, gonna go out now and relight it cause I'm cheap and don't like to waste nothing but gonna be sure to have a cold drink with me.

Thank you once again Golfgar for including me in this test and for being so generous with them to our other members for them to try and reply in this test. It has made a very interesting subject to read and follow along.

On the lighter side I will be ordering some Trinidads this week, and I just picked up a handful of Cohibas , so I will be sending you a couple in a week or so, so you can compare :p

Once Again Thank - You
Roseysman

Well, I smoked one of these babies today and was NOT DISAPPOINTED :0

Only because my expectations were so low, I figured this cigar would be terrible and indeed it was.

Typical Thompson's garbage. AGED? what a line of crap that is. This cigar was so new it was wet & mushy. It didn't taste like anything other than lousy.

Of course I am NOT the person to rate a mild Dominican cigar because I will tell you it tastes like nothing.

If you like mild, bland, Dominican cigars, this one might be for you.

I have to admit, the draw was not bad, not as firm as any good Havana but not as loose as your average cheap cigar. Mine was not plugged.

If these guys ever thought they could compete in the Spainsh cigar market with this bland piece of trash, it's no wonder they "ran out of gas (money)" WHAT ARE THESE GUYS STUPID? You DO NOT try to market mild, bland cigars to the Spainsh market where they think Quinteros aren't strong enough :0

These writers for the Thompson catalog are so full of crap, it makes me sick.

I was glad I was able to sample this cigar because it CONFIRMS for me that I will avoid Thompson's garbage that much more.

Thank you golfgar fo the opportunity to try this cigar ;) I too am very tempted at times to try "just one more good sounding deal." After being disappointed one too many times, I seldom if ever go for these types of specials anymore and pretty much just stick to Havanas, er I mean "other cigars" :0 :lookup: :p :D :sign:
because as we all know, it is illegal to purchase Cuban cigars.

Thankfully, Thompson's dropped me from their mailing list :thumbs:

cvmfour said:
No tell us how you really feel CC... :p
LMAO, ya think I was a little to rough on the Thompson Cigar Co.?

:sign:

Three DOMINICAN Cohibas for FORTY SEVEN freakin' dollars?

I HATE THESE GUYS!! Talk about gouging :0

Here's another cost comparison for Oliva "O" Bold Ovations:
Thompson $156.00
Atlantic $101.59

Do yourself a favor, NEVER buy cigars from Thompsons ;)

These writers for the Thompson catalog are so full of crap, it makes me sick.

I was glad I was able to sample this cigar because it CONFIRMS for me that I will avoid Thompson's garbage that much more.

I haven't purchased anything from THEM (I can't even write the name) in more than 10 years until now. And when I did buy those La Whateva things, they had the bawls to call and want to know if I wanted to be in the monthly automatic shipping program. Some knucklehead called and was reading from a script about all the benefits. BAHAHA. Same writer as the prose I presume.

In the end this test was because I just couldn't help myself, calling them on the carpet for making absurd statements and comparisons about bullschmidt cigars. But I guess in the end I might be dumb for buying from them, but what the heck it wasn't that much and it was a fun little game to prove a point!

PS, I hope you all had as much fun with this as I am :D

I for one do not think you were dumb at all to buy from these guys. They think they're so GD smart with their BS and they really outdid themselves this time and your calling their bluff exposes them for the true frauds that they are.

Thank YOU golfgar for exposing these clowns :thumbs: :thumbs: ;)