• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Those of you who smoke indoors...

diapanos

Banned
What do you do about the smell?
I don't mean the guys with special rooms for smoking I mean the guys who just smoke in their living rooms.
How do you keep from stinking up the entire house?
Last time I tried sitting in front of the patio door with the fan blowing out and I could still smell cigar
upstairs when I went to bed that night.

Same as car, ozium spray. Works. Not that I smoke Indoors, but in the few extremley rare instances over the past decade, it works. Spray in vents as this is where smoke travels.

Window fan, close the door, clean the ashtray. I usually only smoke in my office, and the smell doesn't seem to make it out into the rest of the house at all.  The few times I wanted to watch a movie and smoke a cigar at the same time, I moved the window exhaust fan to the living room and it worked okay.  You can't just point a fan at an open door, you need a window fan.  Otherwise more is blowing in than out.

~Boar

1. Don't smoke indoors

2. If you are single, live with it, you own it.

3. If your not single, remove the shells from the gun.

4. Make sure you can iron.

5. Figure out how many days a week you can eat beans & weenies.

Not A Nice Person said:
Window fan, close the door, clean the ashtray. I usually only smoke in my office, and the smell doesn't seem to make it out into the rest of the house at all.  The few times I wanted to watch a movie and smoke a cigar at the same time, I moved the window exhaust fan to the living room and it worked okay.  You can't just point a fan at an open door, you need a window fan.  Otherwise more is blowing in than out.

~Boar
Thanks for the advice guys.

I can get a window fan to put in the patio door but this is in the living room so I don't have a door to close.

Close the other doors---the ones to other rooms---to keep the smoke out of them.  Use the window fan and maybe crack a window on the other side of the room, if you can, to create air direction. Use the Ozium or a smoker's candle afterwards.  Learn to live with a trace of smoke odor (it'll be gone in a day anyway).  

Or just smoke out on the patio in the freezing Michigan cold.  :p

~Boar

Not A Nice Person said:
Close the other doors---the ones to other rooms---to keep the smoke out of them.  Use the window fan and maybe crack a window on the other side of the room, if you can, to create air direction. Use the Ozium or a smoker's candle afterwards.  Learn to live with a trace of smoke odor (it'll be gone in a day anyway).  

Or just smoke out on the patio in the freezing Michigan cold.  :p

~Boar
OK Got it.
I keep saying I'm gonna just put on long
johns 3 paits of socks gloves &two coays so I can smoke out side but I'd probably still be cold

diapanos said:

johns 3 paits of socks gloves &two coays so I can smoke out side but I'd probably still be cold

Are you typing with the gloves on! :D

Where are you at in MI? I'm heading back to the thumb area in February. 

JHolmes763 said:

Are you typing with the gloves on! :D

Where are you at in MI? I'm heading back to the thumb area in February. 
Im on my phone & it has a crappy keyboard.
I'm in East Lansing

Once in a while, like tonight, less than 20F, and I smoke a cigar in the basement with a fire on and the door to the main floor closed, cieling fan on and smoking. Post cigar spray Zep smoke odor eliminator. Seems to work great! No complaints from the War Dept.

What smell? If you can still smell, you're definitely not smoking enough cigars.   ;)

I smoke in a room with exhaust fans and a hepa filter. Whatever aroma lingers is usually masked pretty good with Ozium.
I tried another air spray that also worked exceptionally well. Be damned if I remember the name. I got it at Lowes in the house goods/air freshener section. It was a clear, odorless liquid that just scrubs the air. I also spray extra strength Febreze on my chair and the daybed that is in that room. Works well enough but, you can still smell a little here and there. That room also has walls painted in a very wash resistant paint. I can wipe the walls down occasionally with a light detergent and it helps quite a bit.

MadMonk said:
What smell? If you can still smell, you're definitely not smoking enough cigars.   ;)

I smoke in a room with exhaust fans and a hepa filter. Whatever aroma lingers is usually masked pretty good with Ozium.
I tried another air spray that also worked exceptionally well. Be damned if I remember the name. I got it at Lowes in the house goods/air freshener section. It was a clear, odorless liquid that just scrubs the air. I also spray extra strength Febreze on my chair and the daybed that is in that room. Works well enough but, you can still smell a little here and there. That room also has walls painted in a very wash resistant paint. I can wipe the walls down occasionally with a light detergent and it helps quite a bit.

I always thought it was if you can still taste anything you're not smoking enough :D  :p

Smoked with fan blowing out the window, two heap filters (large) and so on for years. Usually with my son, two or three times a week.

Remodeled, and when renovating the room was shocked at how much yellowish dark film there was on light fixtures that were tossed and various things in the room.

No longer smoke inside.

In bitter cold, have been known to go into the garage (which is pretty full) and sit in my boat smoking, which has comfy seating - sometimes take a quartz heater.

Smoke a cigar out there, then go into the garage for something the next day and it will have quite a stink. Dissipates over a few days, though.

No cloth drapes etc.
no carpet other than small low pile area rug.
Leather chairs
Fan in window blowing out
Empty ashtray when done
= No detectable smell the next morning.

Walls/ fixtures still look nice and purdy almost four years later.

personal User said:
Smoked with fan blowing out the window, two heap filters (large) and so on for years. Usually with my son, two or three times a week.

Remodeled, and when renovating the room was shocked at how much yellowish dark film there was on light fixtures that were tossed and various things in the room.

No longer smoke inside.

In bitter cold, have been known to go into the garage (which is pretty full) and sit in my boat smoking, which has comfy seating - sometimes take a quartz heater.

Smoke a cigar out there, then go into the garage for something the next day and it will have quite a stink. Dissipates over a few days, though.

Just seeing the foggy film on my glasses after I smoke outside is enough to keep me from smoking anywhere anyone else might cohabitate with me.  I have to use rubbing alcohol to get it all off without leaving streaks and splotches on the lenses and frames.

When we were in Germany, I tried smoking in the dungeon/slaughterhouse downstairs (it was a very old farmhouse, and this was an original room where they slaughtered the meat and stored it pre-refrigeration) that connected to the laundry room.  I had a window and the door open, and I even put towels down along the bottom of the adjoining door.  The smell still somehow got in, and I had to rewash everything in the laundry room that was already clean and folded/hung before the wife got home.  

That was the last time I tried smoking in the house...

jfields said:
No cloth drapes etc.
Leather chairs
Empty ashtray when done

I don't have drapes but I do have carpet, a cloth sofa & a cloth loveseat. Last thing I need/want is the smell getting into all that stuff.

diapanos said:
No cloth drapes etc.
Leather chairs
Empty ashtray when done

I don't have drapes but I do have carpet, a cloth sofa & a cloth loveseat. Last thing I need/want is the smell getting into all that stuff.
Forgot to mention that my cave is a three season room that has an exterior type door that "could" seal it off from the rest of my house. The box fan on low in the window trick has prevented me from ever having to do that though. The smell has never permeated into the living area. Even with five or six people there smoking at once.

There's pictures of it in my Gallery if you look them up.