• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thoughts and Prayers for CO.

I'm good Mr Balls. This is my "home" theater though. Wife and I are going forward with our CCP class. Got the gun, need the permit. Fockers shoot at me, I'll be returning fire.

Two handguns, a shotgun, an AR-15, a tear gas canister, and a boobie-trapped apartment full of homemade explosives.

Oh, and he dyed his hair orange and told police he's "The Joker." ???

Whole godsbaned world's gone bugnutz, tinfoil hat, smearing its own feces on the padded cell walls crazy, some days. Strength and weal to the families of the dead. It's just terrible, stuff like this.

~Boar

Hey you guys, it's been crazy around here. I live about 2 miles from this theater and this is the movie theater I'm always at. This is a tragic, I'm very lucky this morning, my friends and I were talking about going out and possibly seeing a movie, but I dropped a bunch of money on emergency car repair today. This is one time I'm thankful for sudden car damage.

Glad you are ok bro. My wife just showed me the news(since we are camping it is limited) and when I saw the town I was worried about you and the other CP brothers in CO. Stay save bro
Paul

Very sad indeed. Unfortunately, strict gun control kills -- shame no one in the theater had a CWP

They don't have strict gun control in CO, and I'm not sure some civilian with a handgun in a dark, crowded, noisy, tear gassed, panicked theater would have done much good. Perhaps more harm.

Doc

You have to understand the guy was in full protective gear. He had on a helmet and gas mask, a throat guard, body vest and protective type pants and sleeves. So he was ready for a war so to speak. The other weird thing is that he only shot the ones that tried to run. This is the act of a coward. It is easier to shoot someone in the back then it is to look them in the face when you kill them.

This has been a very tough year to live here in Colorado. Then you throw this into the mix and it is a pretty tough situation. Hopefully, the people that lost someone can find a way to move forward with out too much guilt or hate.

Another interesting thing is one of the victims. Evidently she just survived the shootings in the mall in Toronto and then gets killed in this shooting. She was a sports reporter on the FAN radio show. A really up and coming talented lady that had her life cut short by this fucktard. Sorry for the language.

They don't have strict gun control in CO, and I'm not sure some civilian with a handgun in a dark, crowded, noisy, tear gassed, panicked theater would have done much good. Perhaps more harm.

Doc

That's true too, this asshole was covered in protective gear. The bastard should be placed amongst the rest of the inmates; let them finish him off.

Doc
Doc, I agree with you on this point. If you are going to carry a firearm legally, take the time to practice with it in real world situations. If you don't have the stones to take on such an individual, leave your weapon at home.
You will in fact cause more harm than good.

I wish a Special Ops guy or a very well trained individual would have been in attendance. The outcome would have been a little different and a lot of people wouldn't be grieving over lost familly members

Alright, so a little update from this neck of the woods. James Eagan Holmes is the suspect of the 71 injuries in the shooting, 12 of which are now deceased, was found in the back of the theater standing by his car with a AR-15, a Glock .40 caliber handgun, in full riot gear, including; a ballistic helmet, a gas mask, a bullet proof ballistic vest, a bullet resistant throat guard, a groin protector, tactical gloves and tactical leggings, . Another Glock .40 caliber pistol was found in his car, and a Remington 12 gauge was found in the theater, where he had dropped it switching to his AR-15 when he ran out of shells. All of these being purchased in the last 60 days locally in Colorado, as well as over 6,000 rounds of ammunition purchased from various online sources.

Upon his arrest he was found to have dyed red hair, and proclaimed himself to be the Joker from Batman. Along in his insane tirades, he also told police his apartment has some "surprises" for them. Police have been at his apartment for the second day attempting to defuse these boobie traps including dozens of plastic containers filled with a still unknown liquid, attached to dozens of trip wires, linked all to several spots all over his apartment. He also had a stereo set on full volume hooked up to a timer. Police believe this was supposed to draw several noise complaints and force officers to enter his home, where many people would have been killed or badly maimed in the explosion. Police have only defused one trip wire, and have set off one of the plastic containers with accelerate as of the last reports.

This is and will be a crazy next couple of days, and we can only pray no one else is injured in the aftermath of this tragic event.

I wish a Special Ops guy or a very well trained individual would have been in attendance. The outcome would have been a little different and a lot of people wouldn't be grieving over lost familly members

He was. He put his girlfriend on the floor and covered her. He's dead, she's alive.

Great news, all the homemade bombs, explosives and accelerants have been defused and removed. Police allowed all tenants to return to their homes tonight, everyone can sleep a little easier!

He was. He put his girlfriend on the floor and covered her. He's dead, she's alive.

Wow! This exemplifies what a REAL man would do.... He probably very quickly assessed the situation and realized no way out, and he would probably have to die to save a loved one. Not that normal civilians don't do heroic things like this ever, because I have heard some amazing stories, but this clearly shows why I will always have a soft spot for the men and women who have ever served our country. Their training carries with them everywhere they go and they never disappoint.