• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

tighter security in effect?

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Was just informed that a package that was coming back from overseas was opened and 11 sticks, with original banding, were confiscated. :( :angry2:

Our pass will go on, but we all may need to rethink our buying habits a bit. :(

Needless to say, my anxiety level went up by several notches, and I'd guess that wam's did as well.

I wished I had thought to tell you earlier but darn near EVERYONE I know in Hawaii has had Customs/Homeland Security problems within the last year.

No offense but you were playin' with fire on this one.

And no offense to treamayne but this is a classic reason why he should not be in any passes here that have "funny" cigars in them.

coventrycat86 said:
I wished I had thought to tell you earlier but darn near EVERYONE I know in Hawaii has had Customs/Homeland Security problems within the last year.

No offense but you were playin' with fire on this one.

And no offense to treamayne but this is a classic reason why he should not be in any passes here that have "funny" cigars in them.
[snapback]157032[/snapback]​

Thanks for the "timely" update, Bill. :rolleyes:

Not a problem with packages from the mainland to the islands, I hope, or that means all our Hawai'ian bruddahs will also have to be excluded. :(

Not a problem for packages that originate in this country, it's only with CUSTOMS/HOMELAND SECURITY where packages coming from outside the country pass through.

Here's an experiment for ya, send Wade all the Havanas you want ;) :thumbs: just to see if I'm wrong :laugh:

Which brings me to the question, "Can we PGP this entire board?" :)

Oh, and congratulations, Bill, have you checked CS recently? Is there a twinge of sympathy in your hard, cold Republican heart for my anguish? :whistling: :whistling:

I recently had a cigar shipment opened as well, while a subsequent one went unopened. I guess the Homland Security guys like cigars as much as the next guy.

coventrycat86 said:
Not a problem for packages that originate in this country, it's only with CUSTOMS/HOMELAND SECURITY where packages coming from outside the country pass through.

Here's an experiment for ya, send Wade all the Havanas you want ;)  :thumbs: just to see if I'm wrong :laugh:
[snapback]157040[/snapback]​

Hey there, grammar police, last I checked, Hawaii was still part of this country, or did we have a civil war I knew nothing about?? :D :sign:

I have actually had an Ebayer decline to sell to me because he hates the hassles of shipping things internationally...

Bat_Chief said:
coventrycat86 said:

Here's an experiment for ya, send Wade all the Havanas you want ;) :thumbs: just to see if I'm wrong :laugh:

Hey there, grammar police, last I checked, Hawaii was still part of this country, or did we have a civil war I knew nothing about?? :D :sign:
[snapback]157082[/snapback]​

Ya lost me..............

The package from treamayne was shipped from outside this country therefore subject to customs. Any shipments to Hawaii from any of the other 49 states are within the country and would not be subject to customs.

To those who doubted my logic, I suggested that they send Wade a bunch of Havanas to "test" my theory. If I'm right (and they don't get seized by customs since my position is that they will never go through customs therefore will reach Wade without a problem), Wade gets lots of Havanas. If I'm "wrong" (which I'm not) Wade gets lots of Havanas.

To me, this is a win/win deal for Wade.

Just tryin' to help a "bruddah" out :D

Kento said:
I have actually had an Ebayer decline to sell to me because he hates the hassles of shipping things internationally...
[snapback]157092[/snapback]​

DO NOT BUY Havanas from ANYONE on eBay.

Unless of course you like fake Havanas, it's up to you.........

He did you a favor by declining to sell you the cigars, trust me........

Bill, have you checked CS recently? Is there a twinge of sympathy in your hard, cold Republican heart for my anguish? whistling.gif whistling.gif

NOPE :D

There was (sympathy) as you saw but not only did I get completely shot down by two moderators, they demoted me and gave me crap so you'll have to make your case to Neal and Lee :D

I've been overruled by the "caustic bastid" and "I have one you are one" :laugh:
I'm a mere mortal, I ain't no mod :0 :D :laugh:

I have nothing to do with that nonsense over there. Dweeber is the Grand High Muckety Muck and is blackmailing me to be there. (he has some pictures)...

NA

Things must have changed somewhat. APO and FPO were just like a normal PO here in the States. I never had anything opened by customs or even knew of anyone who had. Believe me there was enough questionable stuff sent over the years too.

They're all on the take, I tell ya.......

Hawaiian customs is notorious for seizures and packages from overseas that originate from APOs (soldiers overseas) ARE being opened on a regular basis. They are also being x-rayed. I have a soldier who I've sent stuff to over in Iraq and he was going to send back a disposable camera for me to develop for him but they told him to have them developed there instead because they would be ruined by x-ray machines. They said they may also be destroyed because of teh possibilty that someone would think what he took pictures of should not be shared with non-military personnel.

coventrycat86 said:

or me :D
I get the heat and you say send Wade the Cigars :angry: :sign:
Bill

We have a lot of security here
There has been a lot of drugs comming in, any thing from outside the USA could be suspect. I think that Hawaii has beenj used as an entry point for drugs from Asia.

Bill

Yeah, you know, I always dreamed of Hawaii as being a lush paradise with nothing but sun and fun. Then, I start watching Dog the Bounty Hunter and hell, I could stay in Springfield and holiday just the same!! LMAO!!

Is ice a big problem on all the islands??

Matt R said:
Yeah, you know, I always dreamed of Hawaii as being a lush paradise with nothing but sun and fun. Then, I start watching Dog the Bounty Hunter and hell, I could stay in Springfield and holiday just the same!! LMAO!!

Is ice a big problem on all the islands??
[snapback]157226[/snapback]​

yeah ,
It's as big a problem here as anyplace else
I was going to say in the western states,but I think it is all over the place now
Real nasty drug.

Bill