• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time flies when you're having fun!

tomthirtysix

Wishing I was as cool as Phil
Wow... 365 days on CP.

I can't believe how much I learned about our great hobby in such a short time. About cigars I've never heard of before: An Añe-what? WOA-who? About better storage solutions. About how to pack and ship. But even more importantly, above and beyond the "textbook" learning, about the 'B' in BOTL and how a community can be spread out across the globe.

I stumbled on this site last November. I used to look around Cigar World all the time, and check out the tiny board they have there. Someone over there thought it would be a good idea if they put together a box of cigars, and mailed it out to people on that board to trade out of. Another poster suggested they go check out Cigar Pass to see how it's done. The concept sounded interesting, so I came over here and read around. Now I'm glad I did.

Thanks to the generosity of many of the brothers here, I have gotten to try many cigars I would never have been able to think about getting my hands on before. I've gotten to meet a handful of guys from the board, and I look forward to meeting more.

I want to thank everyone here on CP for making the last year a great one for me. I look forward to many more.

And, without further ado, a little contest.
Three questions. One guess per member. Must be a member of CP as of this post, and in good standing. No edits or you're DQ'ed. And, since it's just past Christmas, let's make it Christmas related:

Every year, I buy a real tree. Just has to be that way. And every year, I buy the same kind of real tree.

1) What kind of tree do I buy? (No, not "real". I'm looking for specifics)

2) How tall is the tree? (Where I buy it from, the height is broken down in one foot increments: 1-2', 2-3', 3-4', etc. I'm looking for the height increment the my tree falls into.)

3) And finally, what sports team is represented by the most ornaments on the tree?

First one to answer all the questions correctly wins a selection of smokes from my "bursting at the seams" humidor. I'll let the contest run until I take my tree down if no one can guess the three answers correctly. A little hint: My favorite sports teams are very easily found here on CP.

If no one can get all three right before I take the tree down, I'll go back over all the responses, and take the first person that answered 1 and 2 correctly. And, if no one gets 1 and 2, I'll take the person who answered 1 correctly first.

Good luck!

1. Douglas fir
2. 7'
3. Yankees

Thanks for the contest!

Charlie Brown
2.4 ft
The Hollywood Hookers!

(What!? ....there's a couple balls on that tree!)

Congrats!

Forgot to add:

Congrats on your anniversary and thanks for the contest.

First off, congrats Tom on your fist of many years here at CP.

Next, my guess:

Douglas Fir
Douglas 6'
Sports Team: The Islanders hockey team

Frasier Fir
6-7 foot tree
Mets

Congrats Tom Great being a Newb with you brother.

This is pretty funny watching all the "Yankees" answers pop up! ( hope your wife isn't a Yankees fan) :laugh:

Tom I didn't know you were a closet Yankee fan! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Since I can't edit..............................ahhh............yeah............I meant the infamous Frazier Fur tree where the infamous Frazier Furs grow :whistling: